What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is your Christmas tree up yet?

Tree is up and decorated. We go and cut one down every year, the day after Thanksgiving. Tree people cut the tree so there are branches still on the tree, and the tree comes back. Green Christmas tree.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Fake tree is up since November 12 here....

Next weekend I will be taking my 6yr old son out in our 80 acres to find a tree to cut for "his" tree. Been doing it since he was 3yrs old..... We then drag it back and he decorates it with the decorations he has been making,getting,for the last 3 yrs... eventually it will get burned in a bonefire in the spring....and the cycle repeats..lol

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
My missus loves decorating for holidays and Christmas is her Super Bowl.

We always put up and decorate our fake tree, then hang a strand of garland lights around our fence and porch the day after Thanksgiving.

Then the missus goes solo putting up wreaths and a bunch of accumulated decorations. We still have the decorations our kids made in school. There's a lot of really great memories of Christmases past in our decorations.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, so are the lights outside the house

Actually the Wife put it up. :huggg:

B

birdman_

My Flashing Tree will be up and in the Window Today!
Hello Community :)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
picture.php

rolandomota

Veteran
I have a fake tree and thought a pine candle would be cool to have so it smells good in my living room.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
The park down the block has a real nice looking one with lights and ornaments on it hmmmm.
I do love when things are convenient Lmfao

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
We have a live tree that we have used for three years now. It's a little thing, maybe three feet high in a 6 gallon pot. It goes nicely on the coffee table in the living room.I give it a shave in the summer when the new growth starts to retain it's shape and after we bring it in for a couple of weeks it goes right back outside for another year.
But no, it's still outside. We will bring it in and dress it up next week.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
no tree,no christmas lights......the fake tree is somewhere in the attic ..I aint in no hurry and just might forget about it....yeehaw

armedoldhippy

Veteran
finally up & overdecorated, LOL! gonna hang some home-made ornaments on bushes outside for the birds & squirrels. smear pine cones with peanut butter or dip in melted fat, then roll them in sunflower seeds. critters love it...:tiphat:

We have a fake 18" silver colored tree with mini ornaments. It's been up for a week but will be down the day after Christmas. Have a few decorations up too, but not too much since we have a cat.

I can't stand when people put their trees and lights up right after thanksgiving. My girlfriend's ex-inlaws keep their lights up until like May or June - so tacky...

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I wish I had a reason to put up a tree, last time I had one was '91 or '92; living up here right inside the Chippewa Natl Forest meant taking one tree for $1, by permit from designated areas, I'm sure they're charging 5-$10 for that single tree permit these days.

My log home is a ranch style with a ceiling height of 14' right in front of the fireplace, if ever there was a time to have a tree it would be now, but, if I put up a 12' tree it would bankrupt me for the decorations. makes me wish that I'd have kept all of the old Xmas decorations that I dumped after mom passed away.......

Latest posts

Latest posts