What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this safe? 2 timers on 1 fan on 2 speeds.

krashx6

I'm running a s&p 100x fan that needs to be on max speed when the lights are on, but the low speed when they are out. You have to move wires to change the speed from high to low.

I just purchased a VSC-DNe timer which I thought would let me do exactly what I need but the problem with it, is when the lights turn out and the temps get lower, it just turns the fan off completely. This is bad because then my carbon filter is useless :/

My question: Can I just run 2 plugs to the fan. 1 plug wired to high, 1 wired to low. Put them both on timers, so that the moment 1 turns off, the other turns on. Is this safe or even possible? What if by chance both were drawing power at same time? Fan ruined?

Does anyone just have any other suggestions for this problem? Thanks.

qbert

I used to do exactly that on a TD-200. Never energized both circuits at once - and I assume that would cause damage. Just leave a few minutes between one turning off and the other turning on.

Latest posts

Latest posts