What's new

Is this ready to harvest yet?

S

staff11

Most of these guys probably have never grown pure sativa, which is what your plant looks like. They can take up to 14 weeks or more to flower......

Incubus

Thanks for all the great advice. I've bought some black-out material that I'll put over the window each day to limit the amount of day light and managed to borrow a microscope. I can see the trichs but are very clear and I guess I'm going to have to keep checking until trichs go amber. Thanks again everyone for helping out a novice.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Incubus your plant is obviously 100% PURE SATIVA and the fact that you pulled the seed from a bag of Thai and grew it for 11 months shows that you have a serious green thumb. You have skill and you grew one of the HARDEST plants to maintain. Many people here do not like flowering sativas and it is very understandable but come on people - Incubus grew a sativa for 11 months and held it down. Obviously disease free and beautiful.. Give respect where respect is due. I prefer a narcotic trip over couch lock any day. Great job to both you and the missus!! She did a hellova job!!!

Hmm, not even close man you need to read a little bit into these things before you just jump into cultivation. It doesn't even look like those plants have been flowering for more than 3 weeks.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
go to radioshack, buy a $10 handheld microscope. Put it up against the buds and focus it with the magnification towards the 60x. Look at the trichomes and see if there are any amber ones compared to the clear/cloudy ones. Good luck bro, from what I can tell it should be some killer smoke since you got a nice flush on her with her lighter green leaves. Enjoy!

Trich's are Trichomes, the mushroom looking like stalked glands, reference here:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=163471

Take care!

and what if you dont have 10 dollars..Could a 40x magnifying glass do it? I know some people use a loup.I know evrybody dont use them and everybody didnt allways have a microscope...any other indicators that can be depended upon to correctly judge when they are ready?

And by the way very nice job growing that.It looks wonderful.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hmm, not even close man you need to read a little bit into these things before you just jump into cultivation. It doesn't even look like those plants have been flowering for more than 3 weeks.

Look bro I'm not going to get into it with you. First off you might be a master grower or you might not. Either way this is a collective of experience we have here. Everyone chimes in when they have some input they're willing to share. If it's one thing that pisses me the off is a bully like yourself that wants to put someone elses input down because you know all. I have experience and I like to share. If you have experience that you are willing to share - then why not share it constructively without putting someone else down.

We have a safe place to grow and share here. Isn't it bad enough that if some of us get caught doing this we'll get jail time. Look I'm sorry if I came off out of context. I'm really cool headed but don't go down that road with me partner I'm just putting my two cents in here and I like growing sativas. This is his first grow as he stated and it is a damn fine one for an 11 month process where most will die from disease if not properly tended.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts