What's new

is there something up with these?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
You want to add nutes first and adjust it if it needs to be, when you water you just add the pH down to get it to where it needs to be, after you water you test your pH run off.

So you test the pH of the water with and without nutes and test the pH after you use the water/nutes on the plant :)

dtoker

rite ive watered them, the standard water with nutes was 6.8 and i lowered that to 6 using a few drops of vinegar. I also tested the run off and that was measuring 6.5. How do those ranges sound mate?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Vinegar works, but it does not work as long as pH down so yes you can use it temp, but you will need to check the pH few times a day and add more if need be :)

Sounds good bro you got thngs level now :)

dtoker

thats kool, hopefully that will be the end of the dying leaves! thanks very much for the advice :) i dont get what you mean though when you say check a few times a day - do u mean in a hydro system mate?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
sorry I have been very vague with advice lately for some reason :(

Ya, check the pH few times a day to ensure it's staying stable since vinegar does not stay too stable as a pH adjuster.

dtoker

lol nah youve helped me out no-end mate! Cheers!

Thats kool as im using soil not hydro i guess i just adjust to around 6 with every watering? Shouldnt have to use the vinegar again as ive got some down on its way from ebay :)

dtoker

so, i gave them their second watering today with ph'ed water to around 6 and the recommended does of nutes and ive just come home about 10 hours later and noticed more yellowing on the only two remaining fan leaves on my plant, what do u think is causing this :(

dtoker

hi guys, the plant is doin ok but i dont think im out of the woods yet and as its a first grow i dont want anything to go wrong!

a few of the lower level leaves are kind of closed up and curling majorly downward? hopefully the pics will give u some idea of this. any help is much apprieciated....

Latest posts

Latest posts