What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is the Water You Use the Best It Can Be? Structured Water. Why? And an Easy DIY

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is COMPLETE horse shit.

who the fuck wrote that? seriously? thats the stupidest shit ive ever seen. why dont you do even the most cursory research before you make such moronic claims?

do you understand how little chlorine there is in tap water?

this isnt fucking pool water. the tap water is virtually 100% clean already... infact the state makes you do "bactees", or bacteriological tests, wherein petri dish swaps are made with the tap water samples prior to the well being put into service.

if bacteria are present in the ground water, the state ramps up the requirements, and the well migh never even see public use. id say 99% of the time a positive bactee is from a poorly disinfected well case, in which case it can just be disinfected again.

i work on private water wells for a living btw.

chlorine disinfection via hypochlorous acid is perfectly safe. by the time it reaches your tap its likely down to around .1 mg/l.

hypochlorous acid is an insanely weak oxidant. this is why its able to linger in the water for long periods of time.... unlike peroxide.

without a long resiidence time, you run into issues wherein long water distributions sytems can go without any disinfection what so ever. this is BAD. when pipes age, the joints can sometimes leak water.... when pressure is taken off these pipes contaminated ground water can leak into these pipes via these leaks.

if you have 0 chlorine residual, this contaminated ground water can KILL YOU, especially if you are old as shit, or immune compromised.

when water lines are initially opened they need to be jetted and disinfected prior to use by the public.

this involves filling the water like with a solution of water and bleach at roughly 30mg/l.

people NEVER drink this water. its simply to disinfect the line prior to it being in use. this highly chlorinated water is then drained off via flushing valves or hydrants untill it tests below state standards.

that is literally the ONLY time a water line sees chlorine levels above normal. this is literally 0 chance you are drinking any appreciable amount of chlorine.

the only real issue is with waters prone to producing "HAA"s, and "THM"s. but guess what, the state tests for these disinfection by products. in waters particularly prone to their formation, alternative modes of disinfection can be used... such as chloramines or even a chlorine dioxide generator(very rare).

europe does NOT use peroxides. peroxides have very poor disinfection residuals.

i have heard of Europeans using UV disinfection, but most places uise chlorine and chloramine. peroxide is too expensive, and UV systems are high maintenance and limited to ONLY very small very high flow water systems with very low leakage levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochlorous_acid#Reaction_with_DNA_and_nucleotides

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinfection_by-product

Europe uses alternatieve disinfectants for drinking water disinfection, as well (table 1). France, for example, mainly uses ozone. In 1906 one started applying ozone for drinking water disinfection. Italy and Germany use ozone or chlorine dioxide as a primary oxidant and disinfectant. Chlorine is added for residual disinfection. Great Britain is one of few European countries that use chloramines for residual disinfection in the distribution network and for the removal of disinfection byproducts. Finland, Spain and Sweden use chloramines for disinfection occasionally.
Where I live the Cl content EXCEEDS that to maintain a swimming pool

T

TreehouseJ

MysteryoftheUrinalDeuce01.jpg

queequeg152

Veteran
Europe uses alternatieve disinfectants for drinking water disinfection, as well (table 1). France, for example, mainly uses ozone. In 1906 one started applying ozone for drinking water disinfection. Italy and Germany use ozone or chlorine dioxide as a primary oxidant and disinfectant. Chlorine is added for residual disinfection. Great Britain is one of few European countries that use chloramines for residual disinfection in the distribution network and for the removal of disinfection byproducts. Finland, Spain and Sweden use chloramines for disinfection occasionally.
Where I live the Cl content EXCEEDS that to maintain a swimming pool

put up or shut up.

a fas-DPD reagent chlorine test costs 30 bucks.

PLEASE show me how insanely high your free chlorine is. PLEASE.

i run 8-12 mg/l free chlorine in my pool during the peak summer temps.

CYA ranges from 75-100 before i start wasting water.

even INDOOR POOLS need free chlorine levels in excess of 2mg/l for safety.

then please notify your state regulator that your free chlorine levels exceede EPA maximums.

your municipality or PWS operator will be notified and a correction to the dosing will be made.

i suspect you are full of shit though.

btw. where in the above quote is it states that europe uses peroxides primarily? its notably absent...

perhaps your previous assertion was incorrect? hmmmm?

https://www.epa.gov/ground-water-an...ted-drinking-water-contaminants#Disinfectants

queequeg152

Veteran
Queef does not know what the f he is talking about

rofl... yea its only how i make a living.

also ... just FYI. Ozone disinfection has its own set of disinfection byproducts.... and i highly doubt all of france uses ozone. like i said earlier, various water chemistries often make 1 type of disinfection unsuitable for a particular chemical disinfectant.

its probably just and alternative disinfection method for waters prone to the formation of THM's or HAA's.

Although few by-products are formed by ozonation, ozone reacts with bromide ions in water to produce bromate. Bromide can be found in sufficient concentrations in fresh water to produce (after ozonation) more than 10 ppb of bromate—the maximum contaminant level established by the USEPA. Proposals to reduce bromate formation include: lowering the water pH below 6.0, limiting the doses of ozone, using an alternate water source with a lower bromide concentration, pretreatment with ammonia and addition of small concentrations of chloramines prior to ozonation.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromate#cite_note-4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromate

T

TreehouseJ

I'm surprised a mod hasn't cleaned this up. This can't possibly be a good ice of IC bandwidth. I looked up george k and these are the images that came up..

8050302.jpg

58999672.jpg

This whole thread is a joke I cant believe anyone takes seriously. It should be shut down for the sake of integrity. No one should allow/enable anyone to get to the point of buying 700$ magnets and claiming it removes skid marks from their toilet. This is snake oil without a single shred of credibility.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This whole thread is a joke I cant believe anyone takes seriously. It should be shut down for the sake of integrity. No one should allow/enable anyone to get to the point of buying 700$ magnets and claiming it removes skid marks from their toilet. This is snake oil without a single shred of credibility.

You and a couple others have made it very clear you are content living your lives with the information provided by mainstream education system.

Were you to take the time to look at history, you will see real change was only brought by those who think outside the box. AND, most of them were highly ridiculed at first, many were hung

Why not just move along as there is nothing for you here, or is there?

was it Shakespeare who said 'Me thinks thou dost protest too much'?

T

TreehouseJ

was it Shakespeare who said 'Me thinks thou dost protest too much'?

This is too funny, and ironic.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is how the quote goes. Which is funny because..

During Shakespeare’s time, protest did not mean denial or objection. "The lady" (you) AFFIRMS too much and loses her credibility. In simple words, her vows are too artful, too elaborate or too insistent to be true.

That being said, I totally think there should be a "pseudo-science" sub forum. Plant memory, water memory, magnetism, rain-dancing.. all very interesting topics, but I don't think they should be littering the "grow room equipment and designs" or "hydro" forum.

Everything you say might be true, I really don't think anybody is offended by the possibility that magnets could have a positive effect on their water. Most people would like to believe something like that. You just sound like crazy person. This takes all credibility from anything you might have to say, and I say that with every drop of empathy and compassion I can muster. I am also crazy. We all know or love somebody like this, and it's almost as sad as it is annoying.

If you wan't to learn to write and speak cohesively, you first have to learn to listen and read. If you spent half as much time reading through the forums as you do posting about every little tiny mishap that happens to your grow, you would see that these dudes are often highly educated professional and pioneers in mmj cultivation, who's knowledge and experience clearly trumps your own a thousand fold.

You are dissing dudes who are here to help others so you can brag about your gay ass Himalayan salts and your little dainty stain-free shits. That's 3 strikes in my book.

Be humble. The more you learn, the less you know. Never go full retard.

Levitationofme

North Korean Tunnel almost complete.

North Korean Tunnel almost complete.

Why so secretive? why show off poorly made rockets? Why make so many crazy threats?
It is all a diversion. I heard from a high government official that the
North Koreans are actually tunneling under the ocean. The plan is to
end the tunneling on the west side of the rocky mountains, Then flood the west with North Korean Army Regulars. Really fuck up the west coast.

I can't tell you who told me. But it's true.

:laughing:

idiit

Veteran
America's infrastructure collapsing into Third World status

As Donald Trump said recently at a rally in Michigan, we used to make cars in Flint and you couldn't drink the water in Mexico. Now the cars are being made in Mexico, and you can't drink the water in Flint. Nor can you safely drink public water almost anywhere in America, as it's almost universally contaminated with chromium-6, heavy metals or other toxic chemicals.

This doesn't even cover the deliberate poisoning of public water systems with fluoride, a neurotoxic chemical purchased in bulk from Chinese chemical plants (or sometimes acquired as a waste product from fertilizer manufacturing factories). Fluoride is dumped into public water supplies under the quack science claim that every person in the nation is deficient in fluoride -- a blatantly false and highly irresponsible claim. In reality, many children suffer from fluorosis, a dark mottling and discoloration of the teeth caused by too much exposure to toxic fluoride.

Avoid fluoride. A highly toxic metal, fluoride accumulates in certain areas of the brain (the pineal gland and hippocampus) and has been shown to significantly lower IQ and interfere with memory and complex brain functions. Studies have shown that even concentrations of 0.5 parts per million (ppm) can damage cells and microvessels in the brain. Yet, 60 percent of our public drinking water is fluorinated at higher levels of 1 to 1.3 ppm. - Dr. Blaylock's Prescriptions for Natural Health - 70 Remedies for Common Conditions by Russell L. Blaylock

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/055408_chromium-6_drinking_water_chemical_suicide.html#ixzz4LGSJ1OEb
http://www.naturalnews.com/055408_chromium-6_drinking_water_chemical_suicide.html

idiit

Veteran
More Than 65 Percent Of U.S. Has Unsafe Levels Of Toxic Chemicals In Drinking Water AUGUST 10, 2016
Levels of a widely used class of industrial chemicals linked with liver toxicity, developmental problems, tumour growth and hormonal disruptions exceed federally recommended safety levels in public drinking-water supplies for 33 states in the U.S. according to a new study led by researchers at the Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS).
The John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) is a school within Harvard University's Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS).

The chemical contaminants that infest city water supplies in industrialized nations are abundant, including fluoride, chlorine and many others. What’s worse is that many of these chemicals are added intentionally under faulty and misguided science. To top that off, city officials are increasingly being caught for falsifying documents and submitting fraudulent water tests.
Only 91 contaminants are regulated by the Safe Drinking Water Act, yet more than 80,000 chemicals are used within the United States, according to EPA estimates. Government and independent scientists have scrutinized thousands of those chemicals in recent decades, and identified hundreds associated with a risk of cancer and other diseases at small concentrations in drinking water.
“For many years, chemicals with unknown toxicities, such as PFASs, were allowed to be used and released to the environment, and we now have to face the severe consequences,” said lead author Xindi Hu, a doctoral student in the Department of Environmental Health at Harvard Chan School, Environmental Science and Engineering at SEAS, and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. “In addition, the actual number of people exposed may be even higher than our study found, because government data for levels of these compounds in drinking water is lacking for almost a third of the U.S. population — about 100 million people.”
http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/08...els-of-toxic-chemicals-in-drinking-water.html

I feel humbled that ic mag has members far superior re in depth scientific knowledge to those dumb ass Harvard Phd's and doctorate students..

thank you for instructing us.

thank you for wanting a thread on water enhancement to be binned.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is too funny, and ironic.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is how the quote goes. Which is funny because..

During Shakespeare’s time, protest did not mean denial or objection. "The lady" (you) AFFIRMS too much and loses her credibility. In simple words, her vows are too artful, too elaborate or too insistent to be true.

That being said, I totally think there should be a "pseudo-science" sub forum. Plant memory, water memory, magnetism, rain-dancing.. all very interesting topics, but I don't think they should be littering the "grow room equipment and designs" or "hydro" forum.

Everything you say might be true, I really don't think anybody is offended by the possibility that magnets could have a positive effect on their water. Most people would like to believe something like that. You just sound like crazy person. This takes all credibility from anything you might have to say, and I say that with every drop of empathy and compassion I can muster. I am also crazy. We all know or love somebody like this, and it's almost as sad as it is annoying.

If you wan't to learn to write and speak cohesively, you first have to learn to listen and read. If you spent half as much time reading through the forums as you do posting about every little tiny mishap that happens to your grow, you would see that these dudes are often highly educated professional and pioneers in mmj cultivation, who's knowledge and experience clearly trumps your own a thousand fold.

You are dissing dudes who are here to help others so you can brag about your gay ass Himalayan salts and your little dainty stain-free shits. That's 3 strikes in my book.

Be humble. The more you learn, the less you know. Never go full retard.

Thanks for the quote clarification, but my point was there

I care not whether you (or any of the ignorant haters) THINK I am without credibility

I simply pass what I have learned along, those with minds to think outside the box will get it, the rest of you are blinded by the light

T

TreehouseJ

The John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) is a school within Harvard University's Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS).

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2016/08...els-of-toxic-chemicals-in-drinking-water.html

I feel humbled that ic mag has members far superior re in depth scientific knowledge to those dumb ass Harvard Phd's and doctorate students..

thank you for instructing us.

thank you for wanting a thread on water enhancement to be binned.

Nowhere in that article does it say anything about running your water through a tube filled with crystals and magnets. Nor did anybody say that tap water was without its contaminants. Nobody here is offended by "the truth" or the possibility of magnets actually working. What is offensive is when someone who isn't civil or methodical, wants others to abandon empirical evidence for his (or her) anecdotal evidence. This behavior is extremely common among insecure dildos who feel the need to be smarter, superior, or "more-in-the-know" than everybody else. This is a common side effect of what I would call a "David Icke Overdose".

I'll add that I am totally interested in plant memory, water memory, magnetism, aliens.. I'm a crazy dude! But I am NOT going to pretend my anecdotal evidence is empirical. That's not just crazy, it's abrasive and it's irresponsible. I just want everybody to be at peace enough with themselves to have a normal and civil conversation. If anything I WANT petflora to share his wacky experiments, but in a manner that is conducive to learning and also does not impede on anybody else' ability to reason for themselves.

This is a public horticultural forum. This isn't a magic or wizardry forum. We expect hard evidence of your magnets and marbles ability to clean your poison water. If this were true, it could most definitely be quantified. We want magic water too, but most of us aren't so fool hearted that we are going to start drinking water from a marble tube because "George K" or whoever the f*ck said so. If you can't make civil, concise and cohesive arguments, you are wasting bandwidth.

That is all.

Live long and prosper.

\\//

idiit

Veteran
Nowhere in that article does it say anything about running your water through a tube filled with crystals and magnets. Nor did anybody say that tap water was without its contaminants. Nobody here is offended by "the truth" or the possibility of magnets actually working. What is offensive is when someone who isn't civil or methodical, wants others to abandon empirical evidence for his (or her) anecdotal evidence. This behavior is extremely common among insecure dildos who feel the need to be smarter, superior, or "more-in-the-know" than everybody else. This is a common side effect of what I would call a "David Icke Overdose".

I'll add that I am totally interested in plant memory, water memory, magnetism, aliens.. I'm a crazy dude! But I am NOT going to pretend my anecdotal evidence is empirical. That's not just crazy, it's abrasive and it's irresponsible. I just want everybody to be at peace enough with themselves to have a normal and civil conversation. If anything I WANT petflora to share his wacky experiments, but in a manner that is conducive to learning and also does not impede on anybody else' ability to reason for themselves.

This is a public horticultural forum. This isn't a magic or wizardry forum. We expect hard evidence of your magnets and marbles ability to clean your poison water. If this were true, it could most definitely be quantified. We want magic water too, but most of us aren't so fool hearted that we are going to start drinking water from a marble tube because "George K" or whoever the f*ck said so. If you can't make civil, concise and cohesive arguments, you are wasting bandwidth.

That is all.

Live long and prosper.

\\//

^inaccurate synopsis of my structured water experiment.

I've been very clear that my experiment is way out there in woo woo land and even if I get some positive effects it is not empirical evidence supporting structured water.

I don't have to prove shit. i'm experimenting and I gave myself permission to experiment.

Snake oil...bullshit...lies...delusions....700$ magnets...skidmarks...projection...unable to listen to reason...this is the most pathetic thread on the mag. It would be entertaining if it wasn't so sad.

T

TreehouseJ

^inaccurate synopsis of my structured water experiment.

I've been very clear that my experiment is way out there in woo woo land and even if I get some positive effects it is not empirical evidence supporting structured water.

I don't have to prove shit. i'm experimenting and I gave myself permission to experiment.

This was directed at petflora. I also at one point threw magnets on my feed line. Who the f*ck cares its YOUR GROW. You didn't start a fear mongering thread to convince other people that you were some sort of pioneer or master grower to be followed or mimicked. Something tells me our little man struggles with personal relationships IRL. It isn't up to us whether or not we sound like dickheads. That is up for other people to decide whether we do or not, and then whether or not to be honest or helpful enough to delicately relay that information back to us. But I'll digress. There is dab to dab and cartoons to watch.

Last edited:

idiit

Veteran
we gots structured water.

we gots dirty water.

we gots different experimental methods to restructure water.

we gots different methods to clean our water. some proven empirically over decades.

I don't have access to a microscope that is advanced enough to show if my water is actually restructured by the hippy dippy crystals.

I don't have access to a microscope to see if my blood levels are more oxygenated ( I think I might have hypoxia).

ever since I started drinking carbon cleaned ( activated, bone char and finally got my bincho charcoal) restructured water using crystals I am experiencing almost miraculous health recovery in several areas. it's a big deal to me.

none of my experiments prove anything.

I don't use restructuring water as a water purification system. I use 3 different types of charcoal concurrently to clean my water.

I don't know how restructured water can be used as a water purification system.

maybe it does somehow, maybe it doesn't.

There are claims without supporting empirical evidence that restructured water helps detoxify the organism using restructured water.

since I think we can accept as fact that lots of tap water is filthy and unfit for human consumption (toxic lead amounts in water is not just limited to Flint Michigan) we hopefully can endorse cleaning the water before drinking it.

now, do plants accumulate toxic poisons from the toxic water and secondly, does smoking bud material from a plant that has been watered with toxic poisons get into our system and poison us?

FRIDAY, Feb. 20, 2015 (HealthDay News) -- Contrary to what many people think, hookah water pipes do not filter out most of the heavy metals in tobacco, a new study warns.

Tobacco plants can absorb and accumulate heavy metals, such as copper, iron, chromium, lead and uranium. Long-term exposure to these heavy metals can increase smokers' risk of head and neck cancers, as well as other diseases, the study authors said.
http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessat...hookahs-filter-out-tobacco-toxins-think-again