• My grow is more like a hot rod

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • a grow is just a work of art that takes a a couple months to complete

Votes: 63 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

grow nerd

I once considered the practice -- or the entire process -- an art. Nowadays, I think it's way too easy. Primarily because of the laws... heavy prohibition and the laws were what kept the information "secret", and only would the truly daring be able to navigate and work his way up. Very little/none of that really applies anymore (even in "illegal" states); now it's almost like growing a tomato. IOW, it no longer takes a life dedication, or as big a percentage of it, to be deeply involved in this field.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
I once considered the practice -- or the entire process -- an art. Nowadays, I think it's way too easy. Primarily because of the laws... heavy prohibition and the laws were what kept the information "secret", and only would the truly daring be able to navigate and work his way up. Very little/none of that really applies anymore (even in "illegal" states); now it's almost like growing a tomato. IOW, it no longer takes a life dedication, or as big a percentage of it, to be deeply involved in this field.

The more practiced in the art you became the more you took your talent for granted. I know people that have been taught right over and over, and still have trouble keeping it all going.

Growing tomatoes is an art, too...
I always took pride in having the first red tomato among my peer group each spring, or the biggest tomato or the heaviest laden vines...

being good at something may make it seem easy, but if there were no art to growing flowers then there would not be all sorts of competitions for growing all sorts of legal flowers.

Seeming easy just means you've mastered the art.

RESINvention

A hydroponic system is like drawing with chalk.

A well diversified, fully supplemented, self-sustaining, all nurturing plant is a masterpiece.. And then again, it's all in the eye of the beholder.. That's why art is beautiful, it's the extension of the consciousness of the creator.. When we dive into the artwork, we gain deep insight into the creator.

Art is everywhere and I feel nature expresses it best, while us humans try to replicate the beauty we see.

rafterman

Growing weed is a horticultural pursuit, for some it's a business as well, for most here it's a hobby comparable to growing roses or orchids or perhaps making your own wine or beer where you consume the product of your labours.

Why is there no poll option for SCIENCE?

Too many potheads on the forum never bothered to go to school? I'm sure Gregor Mendel had no scientific pursuit, it was only art, when he was studying genetic traits.

:rolleyes:

Le sigh, we are cultivators of plants, weed farmers if you will. There is no art involved. You aren't being creative when you are recreating a science experiment you read about on the forums.

Growing is a formula. light + water + food + ??? = PROFIT!

If you want to be accepted for what you do, don't try to sugarcoat it. It only makes people think worse.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Le sigh, we are cultivators of plants, weed farmers if you will. There is no art involved. You aren't being creative when you are recreating a science experiment you read about on the forums.

Growing is a formula. light + water + food + ??? = PROFIT!

If you want to be accepted for what you do, don't try to sugarcoat it. It only makes people think worse.

So winning the growers cup would simply be a random event, not because you were more practiced in the art of gardening?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Anyone who says flower growing is not an art is disagreeing with the new oxford american dictionary.
see definition #4.

art 1 |ärt|
noun
1 the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power : the art of the Renaissance | great art is concerned with moral imperfections | she studied art in Paris.
• works produced by such skill and imagination : his collection of modern art | an exhibition of Tibetan art | [as adj. ] an art critic.
• creative activity resulting in the production of paintings, drawings, or sculpture : she's good at art.
2 ( the arts) the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance : the visual arts | [in sing. ] the art of photography.
3 ( arts) subjects of study primarily concerned with the processes and products of human creativity and social life, such as languages, literature, and history (as contrasted with scientific or technical subjects) : the belief that the arts and sciences were incompatible | the Faculty of Arts.
4 a skill at doing a specified thing, typically one acquired through practice : the art of conversation.

IWanaGetHiSoHi

you gotta live in a med state ha
To grow weed as an artist? To vote on this poll? To be recognized as credible? What Exactly does your statement mean? Not everyone can just pack it up and move to a "Med state". I'm certainly not going to ... or stop smoking/growing because you (or anyone else) says I can't or that I "gotta" live in a Med state ... unless of course you meant Medicated State ... but I don't "gotta" do that either ... I choose to.