What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it me or is the growth valley beefier than a lot of other og's? Out of the ghost, valley, 818, pure kush, tahoe and sfv I've seen the valley seems to be growing the nicest thus far. Curious your take on it... I'm sure she'll get floppy as all hell once flipped either way...

hey coastal
of the cuts youve listed i have grown legit tahoe and sfv...
i like everything about the valley better in the "growth" department.
its seems to me to have a tad more vigor than both tahoe & sfv
the stems are stronger...
the buds are beefier!!!! noticably beefier i think you see that too huh hahaha
and the smell,,,,, hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
it translates to taste youll see YOULL SEE hahaha

bro to me, in the end, even though the tahoe is a nice ride, and sfv, too.... those are far to earthy bland boring tasting lacking the lemon goodness that i always associate with real crip og
when i was first getting the ogs it was all lemoney all the time... thats just how i was conditioned hahaha

anyways,,,,

so besides having superior aromatic qualities that translate thru to flavor, the growth and basic "yield" of the valley is a notch or so above the other ogs, too. youll definately need to support the buds whether you chose trellis or stakes or cages....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^thats weird the cut we have circulating under SFV, originally given to us as "pure kush" is super lemony....a few other folks here have the cut as well. but i agree that a few OG cuts lean on the earthier side and im looking for one of each..i want a nice lemony OG (already found in the "SFV" and the L13" and i want something from the other spectrum along the fire OG side....something like how that SW OG looks like.

maybe the cut we have as SFV is really something else who knows....i was gifted as pure kush with some crazy backstory about it being smuggled out of a triad operated warehouse in socal....grew it out a few runs and showed a bunch of people including SFV natives who all said it was the best OG they had seen up here in norcal in a while that reminded them of what they smoked back home..
the smell is all minty lemon diesel fuel...very strong smell that carries over well when smoked and leaves a strong after taste that is addicting. high is strong, borderling anxiety inducing that levels out into a weed coma body high..
picture.php

TPFTFW

Veteran

hells angel is straight poddy earth flame.. little to no lemon.. earthy dirt and dill pickles.. like earthy and tart.. idk its weird.. def what i would call the opposite spectrum in OG's IME.. smokes like a dream(super smooth.. you think you arent gonna cough then about 3 seconds after exhale the lungs implode and react) and sounds to have a similar high to ^^^ that SFV cut.. which is my favorite kinda high

irobot sd

That Sfv you grow looks (and sounds) kill Prop.
Here was the SW a week from chop. All round crown shapped on this one. Not so much lemon more so candied og.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^thats weird the cut we have circulating under SFV, originally given to us as "pure kush" is super lemony....

maybe its not the same sfv that i had...

am i understanding that what you are calling "sfv" was originally labeled "pure kush" but is currently being passed on with an "sfv" tag?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
prop, you understand what im saying about the name changeswitchamaroothingamajig right?

i mean unless im totally missing the boat
which happens.

now i am more than curious.....

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I've been after a legit OG-of-some-sort cut for quite a while... and it seems as though the OG craze isn't as apparent here in the PNW aside from a few seasoned veteran growers. In my neck of woods at least. I did get graced with a cut of a strain dubbed "LA Kush" which was reportedly LA con x OG. I have one cut 7 weeks into flower, and to me it very much resembles all the OG I've seen, although this is limited to IC pics, etc and finished product I've smoked in NorCal. Grows viney, same leaf pattern, very similar colas and calyx structure and with a earthy/lemony/sandalwoodish hard to describe but DANK smell. Im gonna get some better pics than I have of it in my gallery, especially as it nears chop time. So far either way its an awesome cut and super dank, all that matters in the end.

coastal

Props cut is what I was listing as "818", we've been calling it the 818 for a while now since it came with so many different names attached to it (pk, sfv, $100 OG, 818, yada yada yada)... I've flowered it before and it is more certainly very lemony, but it's a very different plant from the valley. It's very lanky, stretchy, and delicate (as they all are, but you know what I mean). But yeah, to clarify, that cut is not the same thing as "swerve's sfv" (the exact cut that swerve brought to the online scene) which is what 99% of peeps mean by "SFV". From what I gather it's another OG from that area. Been passing/labeling it as 818 to end any confusion, especially since the actual sfv is around as well...

N-P-Kali

you understand what im saying about the name changeswitchamaroothingamajig right?

copy that.

Hey prop,

Great nug shots. Thanks

IME. The Larry is the earthy fuel laced hit man your looking for. Seems to be as close the original cut I have seen. It is not however, the original.
And the "G" well, try syphoning a gas tank with pine needles marinated in lemon, swallow and exhale.
And Pure Kush is usually the 8-weeker. Some folks say it's limey with fuel undertones. I don't necessarily agree but, that's what they say.

Also, IMHO The more desirable characteristics may be more a product of the environment, grower skill, plant density, medium, and nutrient schedule than the cut.

I have witnessed the finest cuts massacred by incompetence.
It's not your pencil, it's how you write your name.

@thirdcoast - niiiiiiiiicccee :biggrin:
What is your cut named?

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
From what I gather it's another OG from that area. Been passing/labeling it as 818 to end any confusion, especially since the actual sfv is around as well...

ah man
rotflmao

the confusion is multiplying. the multipliers are the confused.
we're all fucked. the plants wont even know who they are.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE GET IT TOGETHER hahahahaha

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
btw coastal (and anyone else) that was just a general "blurp" outloud
please do not take any offense to my post as it is not directed at you homie
youre doing youre part :respect:

(and if you were offended, good FUCK YOU lol)

N-P-Kali alls it takes is one shitty grower one shitty grow....
lots of pictures on ic prove it LOL

Last edited:

One Love 731

Veteran
lol, yeah I was confused as all hell a few years ago when I brought on the "818 aka aka", I stuck with the 818 if I passed it as it was not the same as the SFV(swerv). she's a solid cut though, the only OG I currently run. She does make for a nice trellised tree. 1:ying:

!PeAcE!

About to get some gifted from a good buddy, all these pictures are making the wait til I meet her UNBEARABLE!!! OGK bringing sexy back

and it gets worse.

i think a lot of people get og kush and they try to figure out which one it is and throw a tag on it as what they think it is and this confuses things further and why not all sfv's and tahoes and ghosts and skywalkers are the same. theres like 10 of each. lol. it makes it hard to get the real one. u just gotta keep running em till you win.

Latest posts

Latest posts