What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

Jbonez

Veteran
OG is at the top of the list in terms of demand usually..and it starts at the dispensaries. most california clubs have a half dozen different kushes in their selection, moreso in SoCal but even norcal is similar...but usually when i used to go to dispensaries, some of the strains are really just basic bland unflavorful hybrids of some sort, so going with OG kush is kind of like a known product because its uniform and you know what you are getting some nice lemony kush smoke with a strong potent high, which arent guaranteed when you buy some random polyhybrid...OG kush makes many strains taste flavorless, and since the med scene has seasoned many smokers now they smoke for flavor and not just a high...

as far as status symbol (and cali is a prime example of people wanting brand name stuff) its like drinking natty ice (blue dream, green crack) compared to drinking a fine IPA or foreign beer....but often people are so caught up in the name game they will smoke a subpar cash cropped OG kush over something that is actually better but just doesnt have a fancy name...

when OG kush hits the east coast, it usually goes to the high end clientele like the rappers and the rich college kids....so thats why most smokers wouldnt see it around as common. because on the east coast with the way the laws and market are, i would rather run some cash crop heavy yielding strain because the bottom end is better. in cali the cash crop bland strains dont sell so in order to make $$ you have to run the fancy harder to grow gear..

Thanks for that, very interesting indeed.. Lookin forward to this og cut I got then!....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Ya to be honest I'm leak the truth bout sumthin... a lot of og on the eastcoast just gets called sour cuz that's what the market wants to hear... If it is bright green and got ne kind of lemon fuel sour type smell it's gets called the sour... Don't get me wrong there's tons and tons of real fire sour diesel but almost every time u do see og out of high class smokers hands it will be been sold under name as sour .....

!!!!! SFV FTW!!!!!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Heres some points on this legend run:
My first run w this cut
I grow old school..vertical bulbs in parabolic reflectors 2-3 ft above 4-6 ft(avg) plants
Straight hydro...rockwool..canna nutes..sensical...dyna mag..dyna silica in veg
Hand water rtw
Fresh nutes daily.. ro water..clean water once every 10 days or so
Daily nutes never run over MINIMUM recommended by canna
Flush program begins at day 50 w half strength nutes(=1/2 of min) + 1.5 tsp per gallon cal..day 55 start straight cal and 4 mils per gallon canna boost..day 60 thru 68 or 72 straight ph balanced ro water
This particular plant wasnt under a hood..in between two but no real direct light...plus no lst...i think when i do her proper she will yield.
The smell is..god i hate new canna slang..but its loud! Very lemony..but not citrus...uuuuuuuummmmm...lemon jelly...like sugar took over the sharp citrus edge..

man, thats crazy. its in hydro that my ghost nugs look like that. and the ghost has a more sugar/sweet smell than the lemon fuel of the sfv. really makes me think. this is how the ghost came out last time i ran her hydro... sorry for the blurry pic.. just for structural reference.

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Question: Was the old Original OG from years ago,not super lemony? Was it more like the Daywrecker Headband?

Marn

I always keep at least one OG in the tent. It's one of the best all around strains imo. Even if it wasn't as deadly potent as it is i'd still keep it around for the taste alone. I'm a sucker for that lemon fuel. It's also one of the most recognizable smells out there. Whenever i'm at a show and get a big whiff of kush it puts a big smile on my face. Even before I knew what OGK was I knew it was the epitome of dank when I first smoked it. There's a reason it's the most talked about strain of the past decade.

jiggywhompus

Subrob-That pic of legend is breathtaking. Amazing work brother.

....damn...that is some seriously badass looking herb....damn....

So is the cookies a fad? OG clearly is not, but I have not smoked enough batches of cookies to judge yet. Only smoked one that I feel was legit, and I wasn't too impressed. The nugs did look good though.

They are all fads, some just last longer then others. OG Kush will be replaced as a fad as well.

Considering the size of this thread, we could easily make the next fad if we could all agree to like and grow a single cut for a while. My vote would be for Kannabia's Smile. We could also make a classic like colombian gold or a landrace sativa the next big thing. Personally I think those are the cream de la cream considering how long they take to mature and their quality. They are like a fine whiskey, well worth waiting for.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I started smoking in the late 60s. Had lots of red, green and gold columbian. It was great but never gave me white out. It never dropped me on the floor, semi unconcious

Heres something I made. Its 25% OG, 25% Afghan, and 50% Mango Haze. This one will drop You like a tranquilizer dart. White out city

picture.php

I have about 1.5 weeks to go on that one

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Heres some fire

Heres some fire

I did a poor job growing these S1s, and I do appologise for that. I was sick for a month and neglected them
picture.php

picture.php

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
its from the same crew the Diablo cut comes from. RDC. Its another one of there 'house' strains. It was just a OG, the growers initials were SW, so it would get labeled SW OG on the bags. They would refer to it as swoogy, and eventually SouthWest. Batches of it sometimes get labeled Mack 10 og, White Diamond OG, Platinum OG, Private Reserve OG, Triple og, SouthWest og. Bascially whatever the flavor of the month... When i got the cut from them, i knew the backstory, and figured SouthWest was the easiest/most logical thing to refer to it as.
Its the most lemon candied og i have ran. (except smelling subrobs Legend, is like the southwest x 10000, super lemony).
Anyways, the southwest always has a little bit of a lighter lime green color to her in veg, and has a slightly different look to her. Whereas most of my other OG cuts look almost identical in veg with only minor differences. Definitely one of the more picky og cuts, but can yield quite well when happy.

Latest posts

Latest posts