What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

N-P-Kali

this sounds like the OG i love....sounds very similar to my OG cut which came labeled "pure kush" but after showing many growers including SFV locals they said it was the closest they have seen to the SFV cut since they moved up to the bay area...lime green with straight lemon fuel filled with pine needles smell..

interesting story, and i agree 100%. the name game is best shown here...how a cut normally just an OG all of a sudden becomes its own brand name "skywalker OG"...then cuts start floating around at clubs labeleed skywalker that are probably S1s or so far down the line that genetic drift has occured, or just mislabeled. Harborside Health was selling lots of skywalker clones and meds and it did not look like OG to me, looked like headband or a hybrid OG x Sour...

also with many companies releasing OG crosses now we will only see more and more of this happen. for example i just found a nice OG pheno in a pack of rare dankness "Docs OG" its a hybrid of ghost, chem91, and triangle....however its got its own name now. i could give that pheno to another grower who may have 50 lights and then he wants to call it his own name when he markets to a dispensary....the name game is nuts and you can see it happening in its infancy with the GS cookies strain..you have the original cuts + s1 + bagseed finds + mislabeleds + pollen hacking experiments all producing dozens of different phenos from one original cut..

Couldn't have said it better myself. Pisses me off a little the name game does. I have heard the GSC name but have yet to come across it. If I do it will probably be victimized as OG has been by the name game, "Martha Stewart's Ghost Sour Girl Scout Cookie Kush Haze In a LoiusXIII bottle driving a Presidential Tahoe Trainwreck". 6G a "P"

I miss the good ole' days when it was just OG.

Hey there Grownout. Nice to see you. Thank you for that.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
N-P-Kali: Would love your input on my OG cut when you have time. There are pics in my album under Cali Cuts. Thanks!!!

Jbonez

Veteran
Is OG something that is huge on the west coast or something?? Dont get me wrong, the guys growing it and the people buying it here on the east side are certainly not complaining but the demographic on the east coast doesnt ask about og kush, they may refer to it as kush, but i think they just mean its fire herb..

I love OG, just havent had a good cut to play with until recently. On the east coast its a lil harder to get the leets.. but we make do.. Often alot of new growers here start with seeds, and work their way up.. A new grower in Cali has much more access to better stock already in female form. Just a thought.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JBonez - OG came from the east but was made popular in the west, simply due to the start of the medical scene out there. The thirst for money is the only reason that the name game exists...and the high value of OG nugs is what causes every joe plumber to call their cuts something different than what they are. It's not grower ignorance...it's grower profit that causes the mass chaos and the deception in the "name game".

I'm not saying anything bad about anyone or that making money is evil - I'm just simply stating the bottom line. Different OG names resulted from individuals trying to bring something unique to the market that would demand a unique pay grade. How watered down they become - is up to the smokers to discern and keep the bunk out of the accepted OG lineups. Anyone can slap a name on a cut or variant of a cut - but if those smoking it at large don't demand it and don't keep asking for more, it just falls by the wayside like any other cut.

This thread is EXTREMELY useful in helping sort out the ones with appraised value. :respect:

dank.Frank

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Heres some shots from subrob

Legend

picture.php

Raskal & BTY
picture.php

Valley
picture.php

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
That subrob pic reminds me so much of the way the ghost will grow sometimes. Kind of jagged spears. Anyone grow legend and ghost side by side?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So is the cookies a fad? OG clearly is not, but I have not smoked enough batches of cookies to judge yet. Only smoked one that I feel was legit, and I wasn't too impressed. The nugs did look good though.

I dont think so...ive been a skeptic...but krd smoketrees and lumpy have all slowly upgraded my view on gsc and related cuts....but it aint gonna be like og...i doubt we will ever see another explosion that was og kush...

Thanks for the comments on the legend
Those raskals and bty have another transplant and about 3 weeks veg time til they go...

N-P-Kali

legend

Very nice indeed.
Subrob is giving us the legendary finger.
Is this pheno a little dainty, almost viney?

The guys at WVPG have had this cut or one by the same name since back in the Fairfax days. They say its a low yielder, a little dainty, almost viney but, by far their smoke of choice compared to other cuts.

With OG I observed if a bit more NH4 is kept in the nutrient formulation, toward the finish, in conjunction with the extra (P) & (K), the fingering increases.

You know, on the forum I notice loads of people claiming OG to be "hog" when talking about its appetite. I don't necessarily agree. Personally I keep the EC between 1.4 and 1.8 maximum. With a higher EC in growth and through the stretch, then lower as it finishes.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Is OG something that is huge on the west coast or something?? Dont get me wrong, the guys growing it and the people buying it here on the east side are certainly not complaining but the demographic on the east coast doesnt ask about og kush, they may refer to it as kush, but i think they just mean its fire herb..

OG is at the top of the list in terms of demand usually..and it starts at the dispensaries. most california clubs have a half dozen different kushes in their selection, moreso in SoCal but even norcal is similar...but usually when i used to go to dispensaries, some of the strains are really just basic bland unflavorful hybrids of some sort, so going with OG kush is kind of like a known product because its uniform and you know what you are getting some nice lemony kush smoke with a strong potent high, which arent guaranteed when you buy some random polyhybrid...OG kush makes many strains taste flavorless, and since the med scene has seasoned many smokers now they smoke for flavor and not just a high...

as far as status symbol (and cali is a prime example of people wanting brand name stuff) its like drinking natty ice (blue dream, green crack) compared to drinking a fine IPA or foreign beer....but often people are so caught up in the name game they will smoke a subpar cash cropped OG kush over something that is actually better but just doesnt have a fancy name...

when OG kush hits the east coast, it usually goes to the high end clientele like the rappers and the rich college kids....so thats why most smokers wouldnt see it around as common. because on the east coast with the way the laws and market are, i would rather run some cash crop heavy yielding strain because the bottom end is better. in cali the cash crop bland strains dont sell so in order to make $$ you have to run the fancy harder to grow gear..

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres some points on this legend run:
My first run w this cut
I grow old school..vertical bulbs in parabolic reflectors 2-3 ft above 4-6 ft(avg) plants
Straight hydro...rockwool..canna nutes..sensical...dyna mag..dyna silica in veg
Hand water rtw
Fresh nutes daily.. ro water..clean water once every 10 days or so
Daily nutes never run over MINIMUM recommended by canna
Flush program begins at day 50 w half strength nutes(=1/2 of min) + 1.5 tsp per gallon cal..day 55 start straight cal and 4 mils per gallon canna boost..day 60 thru 68 or 72 straight ph balanced ro water
This particular plant wasnt under a hood..in between two but no real direct light...plus no lst...i think when i do her proper she will yield.
The smell is..god i hate new canna slang..but its loud! Very lemony..but not citrus...uuuuuuuummmmm...lemon jelly...like sugar took over the sharp citrus edge..

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah man sounds divine
Ive been hearing lots of good things about the Legend, on and offline.
Its supposedly a 9-10 across the board...

Im glad to be able to it thru the paces and am looking forward to what it reveals to me.

Ive gotten roots on my triangle kush now, so I have a few to run thru...

Triangle
Legend
Unknown
Louis XIIV

Plus the now Maui staple Valley OG

My life sucks when this is tough choices haha

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You gonna shit when you run that tk...its a more intense deeper aroma that is identical to valley...just....louder..shit i did it again..