What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
ive seen so many drastically different MK Ultras. MK ultra is a popular name i see a lot of clubs tag onto master kush or bubba kush. Also seems like the majority of peoples MK Ultra from seed is less than stellar, and not very og leaning.
However, i know its possible to find something insane. A friend used to rock the shit out of some INSANE MK Ultra. This was in like 05-06. I havent seen this friend since about 08 probably. But he used to always have the bombest MK Ultra, was VERY OG dominant, but definitely had something different going on. I have some pics i could dig up.

As for the original og, there is no way to ever know. I suppose DNA testing maybe? i dont know what sort of detailed info that provides, but maybe that will one day answer this. At this point there is No original ogkush. Its all he said she said. Everyone has there 'original' ogkush. The majority of the different cuts on the scene were simply "og kush" and im sure people would debate that each one is the original. The california medical clone explosion prompted many people to 'release' cuts they otherwise hoarded for years.
Ok im stoned and dont know where i was going with that. What i do know, is that the Legend og is probably the best smelling ogkush i have ever smelled. And is without question 5x more lemony than anything i have smelled. Not saying its the original, but GOD DAMN that shit is beyond dank smelling

Mia

I was chatting with a guy yesterday whose a member on here, don't know his handle though, who was telling me his favorites are the legend and the triangle.
He said his legend is the same cut as crazy composers. So throw another one in there for the legend I guess. :)

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear ya on the origins thing smoke...just theres noone left to moniter the stories that get started here on ic...i hope dna testing is the key because as everyone can see...the human factor and ego and commercial interest have completely blown any chance of anyone figuring it out...been going on for years and its just so....silly now..
Best thing about it is the ridiculous names that come out...anyway..on w the show...

Smoking Gun

mk ultra is g13 x og kush. a search would have told ya that. just sayin.

a buddy of mine who lives up near shasta ran a cut of it a few years back. it was a fast finisher. smoke wasnt half bad but nothing like og either.

I knew what the cross is, but that had nothing to do with my question, so I did not mention it that is all. I was curious because I have heard some very mixed reviews about the variety, as Smoke Trees made clear. Since the MK is almost never brought up in these conversations it kind of has me curious about the OG that was used. It was introduced in 2003 or 2004, before the OG craze really took hold. And with so many other OG crosses being in these discussions why not the MK?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
before the OG craze took hold....lmao....OG has been IT since AT LEAST '98.... at least for those that knew anything about good herb.

dank.Frank

^ it might have been well known in 98 but in most circles it was extremely hard to get, and if you did get it it was definitely over $500 a zip.. maybe other circles closer to the sources were getting it all day in 98 but im saying, the average weed peoples.. it didnt really start getting around and accessed until the early 00's imo. and was still over 500 a zip lmao. and we were happily paying that.

i dont think they used a real og kush for the mk ultra.. maybe a pheno from the oger kush seeds that wasnt very good.. cuz although i have seen good mk ultra none of it really strikes me as og kush. doesnt have the fuel.

so i guess the TK was the mother of all og's but im more curious to what the cut was that was going around in the late 90s early 00's as just "og kush" before the name game. or maybe they were still different og kushes but all dubbed "og kush" and then when people started realizing that they were slightly different thats when the name game started???

i dunno, but there must have been a few different ones going around under the name "og kush" and they were all called just that. raskal got the fire og cut simply labeled "og kush" as did most of the people that released new og cuts to the scene.. they just added their tag. such as fire or high octance or sfv..

i assume the sfv og was the cut that was generally around the LA area but then again i dont remember it being super lemony back then like the sfv is.. the tahoe reminds me the most of the old og's i would get.

someone asked why the skywalker doesnt get much attention.. as it should.. and maybe doesnt get much online but offline in the LA area that cut is hella ran through.. i used to not even wanna run it cuz it was played out and everywhere but then i realized there was a reason it was everywhere. cuz it was FIRE!!! stupid me.. i am currently running it now and its easily one of my favorite og's up there with the tahoe. if i would guess, i would guess the skywalker to have a little diesel in it like og kush x ogkush/sour d or something.. seems a little more sativaish and foxtaily a little.

someone was saying earlier that the irene= sfv cut. ill find that out soon cuz i recently got both cuts and there about the same age.

and as far as dna testing.. its hard to believe that that'll even be possible to do but if it is i cant even imagine, that'll be rad.. i gaurantee ill go from having 25 different og kushs to like 8 haha after finding out a lot are in fact the same.

someone mentioned hells angels og.. as most know the hells angels cut was released by the same people out of orange county that released the larry og. those are the oc og's lol. and i guess those folks were actually hells angels?? or maybe knew some i dunno. either way its dank.. stretchy viney thing that yields a little better. i used to think it and the larry were the same but they are not. i would reccommend the HA cut if u can get it, its dank.

now i wonder what came first in the name game with the og's.. was the sfv and tahoe some of the first ones to have tags in front of the og?

and its funny there is a sfv og, valley og and 818 og, all different cuts but all refer to the same geographical area. i recently got the 818, the guy said it was og kush x sour d x bubba kush, could be wrong, could be right but he seems to know his og's so i believe him, ill see if the cuts any good very soon.

and ive known a few people to come up on crazy insane dank og cuts at collectives in the valley in the past few years.. so i know getting cuts at clubs isnt the best idea but i swear, sometimes you can catch some shit slippin.

ok, one more question lol.. theres an old school og kush ive heard about a few times, i think bodhi mentions it in one of his lines. they say its an iranian cut form the 70s but is dead on to og kush?? anybody know anything about this or have any info on a cut like that?

ok im done for now.. nice thread peoples, keep it up i love this goofy stuff.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
The first OGs that I ever saw names in front of were sfv and ghost. We know ghost was from ghost, the overgrow member. What we need to know is what he was given that cut as. It's one of the most rare and least talked about. But easily one of my favorites.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
ogkush didnt start getting different names/tags attached to it until 05/06. At least all the clubs in hollywood started to go bullshit crazy with names around that time. And before that it was simply just og kush. At least in my experience.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I love smoking OG, but absolutely hate growing it. I have a tent full and I lagged on supporting it correctly. Its flopping all over. I have branches breaking. I pulled one plant out to pollenate, and was across the room. All of a sudden I hear "CRACK!" The fucking plant broke in half and the top half hit the ground.
That one was supported by bamboo, and it fell the other way.

Its not an old clone, as we grew a S1 we got from a a reliable older buddy in San Francisco that only has the best quality. He told us it was a S1 of the Original cut. He said its not any of the new special names you here now days. Its not a super lemony. Its like OG was back in the day.

I love to smoke it, but abhor the structure and brittleness of the stems. It will definately give you a white out, and thats what I like, if Im in a safe place. Ive fallen before, and stay close to the ground if I bong hit a large bowl.

My kids chew me out and say Im going to have a stroke or something, if I keep doing that. It feels real good though. There has been times that I dont know what I am, little lone who, for several seconds.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
That's the only og draw back. I've lost track of the ounces that have just broken off of plants when I accidentally brush a branch or ones that just break off overnight.

I

Iron_Lion

That's the only og draw back. I've lost track of the ounces that have just broken off of plants when I accidentally brush a branch or ones that just break off overnight.

Yes this is one sucky thing about OG's and OG hybrids. I just accidentally snapped a branch off the other day and I barely touched it.

They always break at the joint where it meets the main meristem.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I have a cut from Progressive Options called 91 OG... suppose to be the OG cut from C.A.L.M from Malibu.... I havent flowered her out yet ...but in Veg shes so whack...weak ass stems that are viney as fuck.. compared to the Tahoe Cut from P.O. this one is so fragile and weak looking.... its supposed to yield big ass OG Kush Golf Balls though

We'll know in a few weeks if shes worthy or not

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
growing OG outdoors was a big mistake this year...definately go with a hybrid like OGxChem or AlienOG....

small yield, small colas, lots of branches, takes longer to process and longer to trim, and folks arent paying more than 200 more per pack compared to commercial stuff like blue dream.....OG is staying the hell away from my outdoor gardens next year..

indoors however she will stay....love my new Louie 13 cut...golden lemony kush nugs,a little branchy but nothing a nice trellis net wont solve...she likes to flop all over the place but it keeps them farther away from the light which helps prevent foxtailing and such....once OG gets too close to an HPS bulb she loves to get all airy and foxtail which is bad for bag appeal.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
growing OG outdoors was a big mistake this year...definately go with a hybrid like OGxChem or AlienOG....

small yield, small colas, lots of branches, takes longer to process and longer to trim, and folks arent paying more than 200 more per pack compared to commercial stuff like blue dream.....OG is staying the hell away from my outdoor gardens next year..

indoors however she will stay....love my new Louie 13 cut...golden lemony kush nugs,a little branchy but nothing a nice trellis net wont solve...she likes to flop all over the place but it keeps them farther away from the light which helps prevent foxtailing and such....once OG gets too close to an HPS bulb she loves to get all airy and foxtail which is bad for bag appeal.

Really?

I know I am in a bit of a different place for outdoor grows maybe its not "fair" to expect the same type of results...

I have been rocking the Valley OG outside all year and its growing just it did inside for me.
Its yeilding well, easy trim... moving easy peazy....

picture.php

picture.php

Really?

I know I am in a bit of a different place for outdoor grows maybe its not "fair" to expect the same type of results...

I have been rocking the Valley OG outside all year and its growing just it did inside for me.
Its yeilding well, easy trim... moving easy peazy....

View Image

View Image

you are very much in a different place. i guess i would have to experience it to know for sure but ive always assumed hawaii outdoor to be better then indoor. like the perfect weed. is this a myth? judging by your pics i'd say it was the truth.. ive never seen og look that good outside.

ive never really seen good og from an outdoor grown. definitey not worth it.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I'd say it would be due to the whole place being composed of lava and fertile ass soil

I need to go there once at least

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grow in pots of coco or sunshine #4... Not in the ground.
The ground in my yard is all worn out from pineapple crops... Id have to amend my soil and a bunch of othet stuff im too lazy to do.

Yes. Best done outdoor here is very comparable to the best indoor anywhere else. With a bit fuller more developed high. Its not a myth. I always heard it thought it was stoner talk. Its fact apparently. Stone cold fact.
But microclimate is everything.... Not everywhere on the island yields the same results i get. Different temps. Winds. Rainfall. Humidty. Etc...Just like inside having a shitty environment will yeild poop but get your shit right w ac and co2 BLAM money...

Theres a HUGE indoor grow scene here. Its crazy. Im very blessed to live where i do. Being in the right spot to maximize my cannabis growing outdoors i guess kinda gotta put an asterisk next my shit lol

Sorry to bring it off topic fellas....

More OG pics yalls!!!!

Oh btw
Just harvested another Valley... Finally!!!! Got some purple on the leaves its getting cold here 60f at night so i think thats what did it. That and i feed my plants nutes at 68f that probably helped to.
No purp on the buds... Just the fans.
Crazy. I know pics or it didnt happen... No pics
But it happened!

And thanks for the kind words ;)