What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gingerale - you want an idea what an OG is SUPPOSED to be like - you'd be 1000x better snagging up a pack of Rare Dankness Scott's OG than you would be growing some 14wk whatever that is...fwiw - I don't think that looks ANYTHING like an TRUE OG at all...whatever that hybrid is, I agree that the OG seems to have been lost in the process, even if it is all you've got on hand.

You really gotta chill out man - making enemies all over the place is no way to live a life.

dank.Frank

Last edited:
the dude did come off kind of assholeish but no need to respond like that? makes you look just as bad. you stooped even lower then he did. just chill. this thread is is a senstive topic and has been going very smoothly without people coming in kicking up all the dust. (edit: this was intended for gingerale not you dank frank, if u get offended just shake it off)
anyways.. i got a new og.. labeled "i kush" stupidest name ive heard yet lol. but the dude showed me the nugs and they were super fire og kush buds so i grabbed em up.. dont know where the name i kush came from?

when i asked about it, the guy said, well thats the name we get it as and i know we could change it but we'd rather just keep it how it is so its i kush.

and like i said, the buds were flame so i cant wait to see what kinda og kush this i kush produces. thats why i get so many. i am a firm believer with that quote "the best og is the one you dial in" and "all you need is one good one not a hundred variations on the same thing" but since i have access to them its hard to pass up haha and im just so curious to see how they come out and a lot of times ive passed up on clones that became the trendy rare cut of the month a while after and regretted it. lol. so i just take em all now and test em out with my other grows. one plant doesnt take up much room when u got 15 thousand watters.

so recently ive acquired.

snoop doog og (not abusive, could be faceoff og tho, dont know why they call it snoop og other then snoop prolly passed the cut out like hes been known to do with a few others.

manderine og - definitely og kush but could very well be a hybrid, has a msg, chinese food, orange chicken type flavor to it, prolly why its called manderine. i dig it cuz its different then the usual og's but still very much og. just orange instead of lemon. if that makes sense. kind of like my cherry og is cherry fuel instead of lemon fuel. better structure too so far, cant wait to finish it.

hollywood og - dont know shit about this one although ive been seeing it here and there for a minute now. few years back i knew some guys that had a few grow houses in the hollywood hills and they were calling their cut of og hollywood og.. i wonder if this is there cut that eventually got around or a different one as its not a really original name cuz a lot of people put there area or town on their og cut. and og kush is all over hollywood. saw the buds though and they were definitely top notch og fuel.

hollywood bubba - this came from a completely different source then the hollywood og so its not like i got the hollywood og and hollywood bubba from the same guy and that was what he tagged all his cuts. dont know what makes it different. still barely a teen but seems stretchier and a more viney then the pre98, not viney but just not as thick as the pre98. the source always has the dankest cuts so im sure its gonna be the flame. also got platinum bubba and king bubba. so the winner stays the losers go.

91 pure kush - this is an og kush for sure.. i think it was just floating around before the og got its name and it was called pure kush so they just kept the name rather then changing it to og. but definitely one of the original ogs. from 91 i guess. and without a doubt one of the best og's ive ever seen. you can get the flowers at mmrc in stuio city (formerly green angels of malibu) epik pk, legendary pk, malibu pk, hollywood pk, pk ripper, etc pretty sure its the same cut grown by different people so they have different tags like malibu, hollywood, beverly hills, etc. obviously rich kids grow this one hahaha. finicky plant, in soil at least, wants to yellow up and get weird. i think i gotta hit it with more calcium.

pure kush - dont know if this is the LA pure kush or suges pk or what but its definitely different then the 91 pk i mentioned above. in the last few years ive gotten the cut a few times but never finished it, its finicky in the same way as 91 pk but way different. wants to turn yellow and get weird, also super stretchy and floppy with branches wanting to grow downward or straight out instead of up, every branch needs to be tied or they will flop down. annoying. the guy i got it from said it grows strecthy like an og, looks like a bubba and smokes like an og and has one of the weakest yields hes ever seen but some of the most potent herb tho. so definitely headstash. i got a few cuts, although one is shitty, i got 2 looking good and like i said, ima hit em with some cal mag and hopegully keep em green and nice.

sac og - wanna compare this to my b real cut and cypress hill cut i grew a while back. from the sac og's ive gotten, seems like a good strong og but nothing special in the looks dept compared to say the tahoe or skywalker or true with the fat calyxs and copious amounts of frost. the sac is more plain looking but still retains og fuel flavors and potent high and supposed to yield good. we'll see.

og kush - just called og kush and said to be the original one that went around LA before all the names. im curious to see if its the same cut as the "true"

3 kings - og x sour d x headband cross. looking like a straight og kush structure. hella stretchy and like damn near a foot between nodes haha fuckin og's man. heard good things and am happy i came up on this gal. i wonder which headband they used? hopefully the original diesel daywrecker.

ive gotten so many recently im prolly missing a few new ones.. but these are the ones stuck in my head. also just passed up on the michael phelps og kush cuz they wanted me to buy the whole tray at 10 each, didnt feel like dropping 500 just cuz i wanted the cut, wish i coulda got one or two tho cuz judging from the flowers ive gotten of michael phelps og its a strong one.

also got triangle kush, banana og, hazy og, i kush, burkle, ghost, skywalker, king louie but most of those are familiar gals.

anyone have any info on the ones i listed please chime in cuz im just all curiosity right now. thanks.

and no matter how stupid the name is, if yall got any new og's lately lets hear about em. maybe we got the same ones, just dont wana mention the cut cuz its called something stupid like rick james og.. fuck it.

gingerale

Veteran
Gingerale - you want an idea what an OG is SUPPOSED to be like - you'd be 1000x better snagging up a pack of Rare Dankness Scott's OG than you would be growing some 14wk whatever that is...fwiw - I don't think that looks ANYTHING like an TRUE OG at all...whatever that hybrid it, I agree that the OG seems to have been lost in the process, even if it is all you've got on hand.

I'm happy with what I got. And yes, it's OG, even if the three small pictures I posted don't show it to some people.

You really gotta chill out man - making enemies all over the place is no way to live a life.

I'm quite happy with my life bro....and I don't need cocksuckers like TickleMyTwat jumpin on my ass because they woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and just wanted to be a prick to somebody. I just posted up some pics to share, and posted the guy's name who made it because it's a great cut and he deserves credit. If someone doesn't like that they can fuck off. I couldn't give two shits less if some asshole on the Internet thinks I'm cool or not.

L

LumpStatus

I just picked up a new one...

They're calling it the "fake og"

It's supposed to be the real deal!

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Never heard of that one Lump. Looking forward to seeing pics of it. The OG cut I have is supposed to be the original but who knows. I have yet to find another like her out of all of the different OGs I have grown or seen grown.

gingerale

Veteran
Yeah nothing OG about this at all....... But you know those internet warriors can just take one look at a tiny blurry pic of a few nugs and immediately tell the lineage of a strain, and whether it's fire or not. lol

Attachments

• IMG_2707.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 15

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but whateveres clever man who cares im a dumbass for posting that

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which OG?

all of the "real" ones...

so far the ones i have experience with havent been blowing up the scale at a rate id call "high yeilding"

example:

tahoe
fire
sfv
valley
hells angels
sac2
diablo
southwest

ive brought some new ones into the yard that are being put thru their paces but again the word on the street is lower yeild higher quality flowers

triangle kush
legend og
unknown og
louis xiiv

Last edited:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you were complaining about not being able to go down to corner store to get select cuts
remember

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
How about a 14 week OG? Fraggle Rock is OG Tahoe x Sour Cream (which is Sour Diesel x G13 Haze) bred by D. Trevino of Hydroworld Mt Pleasant. This pheno forms enormous, loosely packed nugs with heavy haze influence. The high has a hazey onset, slightly racey, jumpy/zoned out vision but mostly clear headspace, slight head pressure, fading into a pleasant body feel without too much knockout. Works for me as all around excellent day or evening smoke. Smells a bit flowery with a hint of pine and tastes great.

Lol. Danny Trevino bred herb. Get that shit out of here. This thread is full of fire, not 14 week floral sativas. Looks like that retained zero og characteristics. Let me guess, Cali connection Tahoe mom too...?

Looks to me like TMB is the one who said shit about your strain..... I dont see anything where Greyskull had anything negative to say towards your post. :confused:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah nothing OG about this at all....... But you know those internet warriors can just take one look at a tiny blurry pic of a few nugs and immediately tell the lineage of a strain, and whether it's fire or not. lol

Okay...okay...

OG Tahoe - Assuming cali connection...

That means Tahoe x SFV OG Bx4 - that in itself is a minimum 5 plants - Tahoe, SFV, and whatever various males used to make the SFV outcrosses...

DNA Sour Diesel x G13/Haze - Considering that Sour Diesel is:
NL/Shiva x Hawaiian x ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)

and that was paired to another hybrid G13 x Haze - which Haze is a hybrid itself...

You are talking 15+ plants in that hybrid, Gingerale....

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL that plant is an accurate example of an OG Kush.

I'm not hating on you, or being a dick - just stating an OBVIOUS fact. When you mash that many plants together in a cross and expect it to be a shining example of a singular family line - that is just absurd and shows and extreme lack of knowledge to say that it "IS" an OG.

If it was even an OG dominant pheno, it wouldn't needed flowered for 14 weeks.

Again I say this - knowing, and you yourself admitting - that you have NEVER had a true OG clone - how can you accurately assert that that Fraggle Rock is an OG - you simply can't. NOR can you call an plant an OG simply because at some point someone pollinated something that was found in a random OG seed line by Swerve...

MAYBE the plant is good and a pleasure to smoke - not going to argue that - BUT I can say with all sincerity and 1000% accuracy - THAT PLANT, is NOT an OG.

Again, if you don't have access to clones and you want to try something from seed that is going to give you a TRUE OG experience, I will, humbly suggest you try some of Rare Dankness Scott's OG - it seems to be very true to the family line in it's representation. I would also bet money you enjoy the plants you find it those seed 10x more than the plant you currently have, and you could enjoy the fruits of your labor an entire 4wks sooner....

Again, not being a dick - but you, in this case, are simply incorrect. Sorry.

dank.Frank

whodare

Veteran
Wowzas this thread blew up quick

Half pound og plant, if anyone has an idea what cut it is please let me know, I'm leaning towards Tahoe but idk.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gingerale

Veteran
Okay...okay...

OG Tahoe - Assuming cali connection...

First off thank you Dank Frank for your respectful and polite reply.

That means Tahoe x SFV OG Bx4 - that in itself is a minimum 5 plants - Tahoe, SFV, and whatever various males used to make the SFV outcrosses...

Both Tahoe and SFV are OG....so that makes Cali Connect Tahoe OG just as legit OG as any other.

You are talking 15+ plants in that hybrid, Gingerale....

Bro...it's Tahoe OG x Sour Cream....there's no "15+ plants"....it was two strains together and ONE of those strains is true OG in every sense of the word. Is it the original Tahoe OG that was used? Maybe, maybe not...but this strain is still an OG regardless.

I'm not hating on you, or being a dick - just stating an OBVIOUS fact. When you mash that many plants together in a cross and expect it to be a shining example of a singular family line - that is just absurd and shows and extreme lack of knowledge to say that it "IS" an OG.

Half the plant is OG. It's in the OG family. I thought I would share it here and maybe some folks would appreciate it. Oh well, apparently not.

I

Iron_Lion

OOOOOOGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Swerve;s OG's are weak. Real OG dominates in crosses, even when crossed to something like Haze it's hard to get away from that OG look.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Then you don't understand how hybridization works, mate. All those plants....I listed are what make up the plants that were used to make that cross. You don't get A + B = AB - well you do, but when B = C + D + E + F , you have the potential of finding AC, AD, AE, AF ...not to mention ABE, ACF, or perhaps even no representation of A at all.

That cross is NOT a TRUE F1 - it is a poly-hybrid F1 - and as a result, you have VERY poly-hybrid offspring...not true representations of A or B.

The plants used to make that cross themselves are MASSIVELY poly-hybrid. You can't take two massive poly-hybrids and breed them together and expect a true representation of ANYTHING....this is a fact.

What you have is NOT a 1 to 1 cross. Maybe when looking at it simply - but that is why I took the time to show you the ENTIRE lineage of what went into those various plants.

Trust me when I say this - that plant - the OG is lost in there. Not saying it's garbage or anything else - but THAT PHENO - that selection - has very little to no OG expression visible.

I don't think folks are saying it just to say it - just to get under your skin. You have people here that have taught me TONS about the OG families (like GreySkull, TMB) - and I'd listen to them. Truly - these guys know their plants...THEY KNOW.

Don't take it so offensively, but understand your hunt for a GREAT OG - one that REALLY shines and rings true to the pursuit this thread is about - is not over, nor has it yet been fully realized by you. THAT PLANT is NOT OG, brother. Again, sorry.

dank.Frank

gingerale

Veteran
lol @ people talking about "true representations" of OG....a strain that has a billion copies all of which are various inbred cousins of one another. OK whatever guys enjoy your "TRUE OG" ... whatever that is

I

Iron_Lion

1 thing most of the copies have in common is they all share similar characteristics. A knowledgeable eye can pick them out from a crowd.

Thin floppy stems, very stinky, dark leathery leaves, round buds with high calyx to leaf ratio, many small buds instead of 1 big one and the buds grow up the stem in a certain way, one on each side a few inches apart etc....

I agree with the others, your strain looks nothing like OG. You have a thread full of pics to compare, if you dont see that one is not like the others then you must be blind.

At 14 weeks why bother, when a good OG is done in 10-11.

Latest posts

Latest posts