What's new

Is OGK still the most sought after cut(s) on the boards? ?

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
right on, soo it was capt. and not swerve... But he raskal definitely refered to it as SFV back in the day before he met up with swerve

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right on, soo it was capt. and not swerve... But he raskal definitely refered to it as SFV back in the day before he met up with swerve

yeah capt was the one to refer to it as fire as he thought it was the best of the best og.

OGsus

love this thread. so much og info. since we're on the subject of raskal's cut. thought i'd cut and paste something interesting he said about the fire cut.

LOL..Thats becuz the same cat that gave me the Fire cut doesnt even come online and doesnt even know the cut got renamed to Fire OG...As far as he knows its still called original OG...So he may have passed the cut but it would have been passed out as original og and not Fire...get it! And this guy wouldnt pass the cut for anything....Like i said before there are 3 differnent Fire OG's out there...Still havent seen one full flower shot or nug shot that even looks similar to the Raskal Fire cut...still waitin..got one?...~ogr

so the fire cut was once called original og?? interesting...

original ghost is still my favorite, with the sfv, and true right behind.

All og s1's I have ever made or grown grew EXACTLY like the mom.....it was only at the very end of a run, that any distinction could be made.....FWIW>......

Ghost stands out...and the real ghost is undeniable.

You got any pics of the Ghost in flower or veg? I've been waiting to flower this and the true for a while now.. The ghost I have has sturdier stems and not as lanky as The true,Valley or Tahoe, does this sound correct..

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Another shot... Kickin it in week 3...

picture.php

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
love this thread. so much og info. since we're on the subject of raskal's cut. thought i'd cut and paste something interesting he said about the fire cut.

LOL..Thats becuz the same cat that gave me the Fire cut doesnt even come online and doesnt even know the cut got renamed to Fire OG...As far as he knows its still called original OG...So he may have passed the cut but it would have been passed out as original og and not Fire...get it! And this guy wouldnt pass the cut for anything....Like i said before there are 3 differnent Fire OG's out there...Still havent seen one full flower shot or nug shot that even looks similar to the Raskal Fire cut...still waitin..got one?...~ogr

so the fire cut was once called original og?? interesting...

and progressive options just so happens to be dishin out limited cuts of an og that hasnt been released to anyone in the last 10 years....callin it "original og" supposed to be a high yeilding(for og) very non-watered down....the bros were tellin that it is "The og cut you will drop all of your og cuts to keep"...

there are still a few og's that I personally would like to run, the southwest, the valley, the bty, the legend, and the victimville...

fwiw all of the og cuts I have ran (tahoe, larry, HA, 707, louisxiii, SFV, and my unknown original cut of og that I'll just call pomona og) have all been VERY close in all aspects of growth/smell/flav/yield etc....very slight differences so I'd say each one of us is gonna have a different favorite og cut depending on your personal preference ie: the tahoe is more of the put some hair on your chest lung expando chem d-ish og funk, where as the larry is a much sweeter, traditional "lemon pinesol"(a bad way of describing it imho...lemon flavs are way too common and og just is NOT that lemony, or common for that matter) with a more soaring sativa hardmode high. different strokes for different folks....but OG and its legacy will not be going anywhere for a VERY long time...it's a staple in the cannabis community and is as close to a "grail" strain as any other.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont find ogr cut lacking at all...it is one of the more complete highs ive found...not just in og cuts but all around..heres a few quick snaps for comparison to those raskal shots..sorry for the dog hair in the shots..she is shedding like crazy..its everywhere!
EDIT..dont know what happened there

V

Veg N Out

On the way...Would be cool if any of you OG Detectives could tell me what cut this is...Maybe when its more nugged out eh?

picture.php

I

Iron_Lion

^ you cant tell shit from that pic.

One thing about OG is that its looks are very dominant. I could show you leaves off of 5 OG's and 5 OG crosses and most of them will look pretty damn similar.

OG has such a distinctive look, it's fan leaves, bud leaves and the way the buds grow along the stem are a dead give away, you can spot an OG or hybrid a mile away.

OG is too polluted a gene pool to just ask what OG is it with out having a few options.

Think of it this way 1,000,000 OG seeds will yield at least 250,000 "new" cuts not to mention all of the S1''s of S1's, clones crosses etc... And because there is so much competition in the growing world I can see shit getting mislabeled or renamed so the holders can feel cooler.

Cannastyle

I dont find ogr cut lacking at all...it is one of the more complete highs ive found...not just in og cuts but all around..heres a few quick snaps for comparison to those raskal shots..sorry for the dog hair in the shots..she is shedding like crazy..its everywhere!
EDIT..dont know what happened there

Bad ass bud shots subrob!

I love the look of Raskal's Fire Cut...

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
really wondering if its even worth posting this,cause don't want controversy with ^^^ you know who.

but here goes, Ive grown the SFV, FIRE and several more for over 10 years off and on."IMVHOThere are subtle differences between those two that i have noticed. Both can be very similar in overall shape and size but the SFV when treated perfect can get slightly larger buds. Both have what i consider to be triangular bud, wide at the base and sweeping up to a tip for one side or the other as seen in Subrobs pics and 420247. Imo the Sfv can fill out to be considered round, whereas in Subrobs pic its generally round but i would grade as Chunky or fluted but round none the less. The Fire when finished seems linear or "flatter". As seen in 420247's Pics.

A second trait ive found IMVHO when both the SFV and FIRE are taken to full maximum maturity. The pistils on the SFV are So Fine and thin that there are very little if any left on the finished cured bud, and the color of the calyx shines thru. SFV IMVHO is a gradient from lime green to yellow, and has a lemon lime hue.

The fire on the other hand has really thick pistil that like 420247's picture when the bud is cured the hairs are red to dark red and look like flames whisping up from inside the calyx and because the red hairs are so predominate the bud IMVHO always has a reddish hue. As in 420247's pics

Last i would never second guess Subrob, but up until i saw his Fire cut I would has put money on it that that was of SFV lineage because of the pistils and shape. It is my opinion that when Subrobs beautiful crop is finished and ready to smoke you wouldn't see any pistils. I have seen quite a few bud exactly like Subrob pics that i know came from the BX1, BX2, and BX3 of the Raskal Cross that Cali C did. Where a plant direct from the fire lineage had the SFV dominance in bud shape (round) and thin filament like pistils that will not be present on the finished bud.

^^^^^^^^^All the above is just this guy opinion. for the help of others^^^^^^^

I

Iron_Lion

Thanks for posting that info Al Botross.

Here are some pics I found here at IC of HOL's Fire cut, Fire seems to have a bit of a different look then the more common SFV.

Fire looks sweet with those thick pistils and knobby but structure. I like the orange pistils, Im assuming thats how it got it's name.

I hope they dont mind me reposting their pics, these pics were posted by Redspaghetti.

picture.php

picture.php

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Here is the Tahoe ... Day 45

Attachments

• DSC07511.jpg
    DSC07511.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC07512.jpg
    DSC07512.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13