What's new

Is Krome's The White still king of the hill when it comes to frostiness???

Miraculous Meds

Is anyone still growing the white? I've been looking for cuttings or some seeds for years!

ive got a pack of s1's going from ograskal. day 39 flower tonight I believe. frost is starting to pack on heavy. reminds me a little of the last white widow cut I ran. some of them are getting a little aroma going on.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I grew a few of the OGR S1s this year outside. Two are taller and one is very short and squat. I could only take pics of two taller ones before the batteries in my camera ran out. Here's one that has a couple more weeks to go. This plant has some really dense nuggetry...

picture.php

Another one...The caterpillars seem to like this plant best.

I harvested this one earlier today....

picture.php

picture.php

HB.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Is it fair to say the White is a 'fashion' strain, so it brings bag appeal and frostiness to the party but what else?

Ronni

Is it fair to say the White is a 'fashion' strain, so it brings bag appeal and frostiness to the party but what else?

probably most of the stuff the industry brings to the market are fashion strains. persistence is a rare thing in a world always demanding for more and better things.

Some phenos of The White are very grapefruit in taste and smell. Relentless Seeds Elmer's Glue came out that way for me. Very frosty too.

Dawe

No. It is not a fashion strain. Does look good, but also does the job.
The white is potent. Usually 22-25% thc.
The white is somewhat potent, but the high is very bland and mellow. It has a decent taste, but I personally prefer it in hybrids.

It's an enjoyable strain in it's own way, but if you're looking for what most people think of when they think potent, I'd look elsewhere.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I thought it was boring. Looked good, smelled and tasted like a watered down og. I made a bunch of crosses with her before kicking her out of the collection. Doubt I will be testing any anytime soon. Made too many other crosses I'm actually anticipating.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Seedsman the white OG...feminized.
Looks phatt...

Attachments

• user467693_pic2025357_1586220190.jpg
    user467693_pic2025357_1586220190.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200407_153414.jpg
    IMG_20200407_153414.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 11

mexweed

Veteran
frost and chunkiness for sure, I'm growing out a white slipper bagseed the whiteXglass slipper, glass slipper.. pineapple c99Xc99, I have one larry that is rivaling it for frost and chunk but it's still definitely 2nd place to the white slipper

it has a piney papaya/passionfruit funk to it, like that kind of sour putrid rotting fruit thing

QQNPK

Barneys purple punch

Barneys purple punch

Heres a pheno i got out of a pack of barneys fsrm purple punch, i thought it was pretty damn frosty :tiphat:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408_231427_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408_231427_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20200408_231537_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408_231537_com.android.chrome.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 19

JetLife175

Veteran
The jury has been in on this cut for a very long time.

A solid afghani type plant that has AMAZING bag appeal and resin production. The high doesnt last very long with me personally but it’s great smoke.

The real bread and butter is breeding it. It passes along its resin production trait quite frequently and is a sure fire way to bump the numbers up on a line that lacks potency.

I just thank those Florida boys for being such diligent keepers of these gems so we could all experience them. So much fire has come out of FL. That “Florida man” attitude. Hahahahaha.

HydroOrganicFla

Veteran
The jury has been in on this cut for a very long time.

A solid afghani type plant that has AMAZING bag appeal and resin production. The high doesnt last very long with me personally but it’s great smoke.

The real bread and butter is breeding it. It passes along its resin production trait quite frequently and is a sure fire way to bump the numbers up on a line that lacks potency.

I just thank those Florida boys for being such diligent keepers of these gems so we could all experience them. So much fire has come out of FL. That “Florida man” attitude. Hahahahaha.

Although I learned the majority of my knowledge in the west coast, I got my start in FL and have tons of respect for the underground growers and breeders doing their thing.

I couldn't agree more with your statement. The White is a prime breeding candidate. Let's be honest, most of us here don't mark bag appeal as important for our head stash but that's what the people want. Take a strain with some super stank and breed it with the white and you could find a good daughter.

Years back when the purple craze was big, we had 2 powerhouse strains that yielded well and were acclimated to the local climate. Most people in the area used them. One was purple, one was not. The purple one was much less potent and didn't smell or taste anywhere near as good as the other. Guess what sold first?

I can appreciate the bag appeal but the effects and taste are what I judge a strain on.