What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Critical Mass just a pheno of Big Bud?

Jaqen H'gar

That’s the way I read it, Shanti made selections from Nevil’s Big Bud/Skunk #1 seed line, probably selecting to the Big Bud side.

Both Shanti and Nevil can be a little cryptic at times. In reading Shanti’s descriptions:

Reading shanti's posts between the lines, i think 99% of what MNS sells now are made from selections from P1 seed stock. Perhaps they selected parents that 'look like' the original parents. Ive seen shanti mention that his parents are "backed up in 5 different countries" and i think he was referring to seed rather than mother plants.

They are never going to admit that though as it would be suicide.

That said, i like Mr Nice, ive grown out various strains and there is generally some variation but always very good plants. Only had hermie issues on one line but it turned out i had a light leak.

Tipunch

Anyone know which Afghani was used in CM and Big Bud?

Critical Kush was ready by end of sept outdoor, was also the first one to start flowering amongst 7 other strains I have. I would bet that it's because of that Indica and I wonder if this indica has been used in other hybrids MNS and SS have for sale?

If you're looking for an outdoor hybrid that performs well or if you're looking for A strain to cross with late sativas or indicas then it's a good place to look IMO.

:tiphat: