What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is coco really maxing out hydroponic potential?

Drop That Sound

Maybe i'm way off track Loc.. lol.

Ive never stuck with one type of coco, and had all kind of mixed results with different nutes. Started out with botanicare slacker few years ago, ready bagged and was using nectar of the gods and had the healthiest looking plants ever. Tried all different bags and bricks since then, some seemed to attract bugs in it, some worked ok, some i was later told got contamintaed while it was being shipped! Outdoors was a pain in the ass watering all the time and i lost a whole coco crop few summers back so i just switched to soil for OD and problems went away. I do want to see how a straight coco run does in my new room before it gets plumbed to the brim with totes. I love straight cloning in it, gonna pick up a brick tomorrow. I am also afraid to stick a cutting in my brand new cloner, like getting dirt on a new ferrari.

Since i switched to DWC I dont have any problems like that anymore, and most the time I also need a heater instead of chiller :) . Im trying the grow stones instead of hydroton this time around, not impressed really..

Drop That Sound

I been growing massive trees for like 7-8 months indoors b4 i even flip them so most you guys are getting a lot of runs in, but I've used the time, minus a 2 plant dwc i snuck in early(didnt want to stir up dust around it so lst a few months of work) this year, to build what I hope is the best fastest growing system ever! At any stage of I can pick and choose or transform to suit the plants needs. I keep learning more and changing it and its been over a year now for the build, from the ground up all from scratch. Seems like it never ends but i'm close to being functional. I'm about to just flip a monster of a mother in a double 20 gal rdwc with 2k and a scrog to make her happy, and a bunch of her cuttings into coco on the side to fill up the once used flower room. Gotta get atleast 1 more good harvest this year or the project will never get done.

She is almost ready, the mother of all hydro perpetual sytems in one. All Inspired by a big bad outdoor coco run that didnt make it, and a few half ass indoor setups that never panned out. Done right or not at all, this first time I've had the luxuries and proper gear at my disposal, and despite what I think is my now OCD tendencies towards growing, my soon to be dream setup and plant experiment lab will be alive, i tell you.. ALIVE!.

She's also on wheel's, stay tuned ;)