What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is boxing dead,did UFC kill it?

Joint Lock

im not too big on UFC, Boxing is the sport of real men. not pumped up thugs that took a couple kick boxing and jujitsu classes.

but it seems to appeal to the people more which is too bad.

Us jiujitsu guys will eat a boxer . Enjoy your athletes while we enjoy being fighters . A boxer is nothing more then a athlete . Nobody to stand your ass back up in MMA :thank you:
Yawn the ppl who want to see ppl beat by strikes have a nack for violence . That's why u don't enjoy the ground fighting side of mma

Joint Lock

arm bar = bitch move..choke hold = bitch move...slaping the shit outta someone? = oh yea!

Only a bitch move to those who don't understand it . I slap u , u get up . I armbar u your going for reconstructive surgery FACT. One more thing . Nobody is tougher then a choke everyone goes to sleep . So if that's a bitch move ? I guess im full of bitch because I know about 150 different chokes and variations

Uchi Mata

Us jiujitsu guys will eat a boxer . Enjoy your athletes while we enjoy being fighters . A boxer is nothing more then a athlete . Nobody to stand your ass back up in MMA :thank you:

Really? I saw quite a few standups last weekend.

And this has long since been resolved:
-A trained fighter will usually beat an untrained fighter in a streetfight.
-Trained fighters never get into streetfights with one another.

trucker

Wow this forum went to 2016 from 2009.I want to see KOVALEV beat WARD. I respect the fact that other country fighters don,t seem to do the showboating like American fighters do.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't know if I've already posted here...
I love mma...grappling...wrestling...boxing...all of em...it's what makes mma great
But mma did not kill boxing...boxing killed boxing...in America...Scum promoters and fighters whos only power would have been to unite...fucking shame too...boxing had become America's martial art...