What's new

is anyone mixing alot of different nutes in one bottle to make there own 1 part?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dansbuds thats a great idea. what if we mixed everything in a gallon of water first before its dumped in the res? this works fine for me if possible. im thinking half water and half nutes/additives
this is what i'm doing now but in 2 1/2 gallon jugs instead of 1 gallon . i pour 2 1/2 gallons of RO water into my 5 gallon then mix my nutes in a 2 1/2 gallon of tap water & add that to my 5 gallon then let it bubble for awhile then PH the whole 5 gallon jug before using it . but i want to concentrate the 2 1/2 gallon mix down more so i can use a cup of it or less to get my 5 gallon where it needs to be . didn't think there was gonna be this much controversy over doing this . :(

i'm basicly concentrating it now with no probs but in 2 1/2 gallon jugs . just want to concentrate it even more if possible . guess i'm just gonna have to try it & see .

T

TREE KING

this is what i'm doing now but in 2 1/2 gallon jugs instead of 1 gallon . i pour 2 1/2 gallons of RO water into my 5 gallon then mix my nutes in a 2 1/2 gallon of tap water & add that to my 5 gallon then let it bubble for awhile then PH the whole 5 gallon jug before using it . but i want to concentrate the 2 1/2 gallon mix down more so i can use a cup of it or less to get my 5 gallon where it needs to be . didn't think there was gonna be this much controversy over doing this . :(

i'm basicly concentrating it now with no probs but in 2 1/2 gallon jugs . just want to concentrate it even more if possible . guess i'm just gonna have to try it & see .

how much liquid of nutes are you putting in the 2 1/2 gallons?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
all my nutes are liquid . & I put enough for 5 gallons of nutes .
i'm using cns17 grow , bloom & ripe all at different stages of course
protekt
calmag
hydroplex
rhizotonic
& liquid koolbloom
the calmag , hydroplex & LKB are fed at no more than 2ml per gallon for the cations that occur in coco .
all @ small dosages & feed to coco hempy buckets but am switching to 2 gallon coco & perilite drip to waste so i can use my blumats to feed with .
am also thinking about dropping the cns17 line & going back to canna nutes A & B cuz they're not as thick & i can use them all through the growth stages instead of 3 different bottles for 3 different stages of growth .

the only problems i can see by concentrating this mix down more would be between the calmag & protekt , but with the way i dilute them first & add one first & the other last i doubt i would see any real problems ... i don't when i do it in 2 1/2 gallons ... but who knows .

WoW This has to be the WORST idea I think Ive seen to date.....LOL!!!

The chemicals will react as mentioned, and only lockout will occur IF your lucky, your not going to discover something new....why not try something productive that has a chance of working and would be productive and improve your growing skills and knowledge???? Instead of wasting time and nutrients.....

Then learn doing something that is productive that you could actually "learn" from...that is my entire POINT!

There is a fine line between "experimenting" and just being foolish and wasting time.......

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude ... go find another forum to troll on will ya ? nobody need your bullshit .

have a nice day .

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Bio ... we're here to learn ... not be ridiculed !!!!

Anyone who can read a label has already 'learned' that mixing chemicals is bad.

'We are here to learn', but i'll pass on the finger painting and wooden blocks; that was covered in kindergarten.

I dont need to put my hand on the stove to see if the burner is hot...

T

TREE KING

all my nutes are liquid . & I put enough for 5 gallons of nutes .
i'm using cns17 grow , bloom & ripe all at different stages of course
protekt
calmag
hydroplex
rhizotonic
& liquid koolbloom
the calmag , hydroplex & LKB are fed at no more than 2ml per gallon for the cations that occur in coco .
all @ small dosages & feed to coco hempy buckets but am switching to 2 gallon coco & perilite drip to waste so i can use my blumats to feed with .
am also thinking about dropping the cns17 line & going back to canna nutes A & B cuz they're not as thick & i can use them all through the growth stages instead of 3 different bottles for 3 different stages of growth .

the only problems i can see by concentrating this mix down more would be between the calmag & protekt , but with the way i dilute them first & add one first & the other last i doubt i would see any real problems ... i don't when i do it in 2 1/2 gallons ... but who knows .

no what i mean is you have 2 1/2 gal of water and how many ounces of nutes/additives do you poor in? im just trying to figure out how concentrated you feel comfortable making it cause i would like to poor like a half gallon to a gallon of nutes in there if possible, that is minus the sensizyme and Rhino Skin. do you have a ratio in mind? 5/1 water to nutes ratio or 10/1? even if i was gonna do something like this it would be for only topping off just to makes things easier.

gregor_mendel

I have thought befor that mixing FloraNova bloom and grow together might work. They are derived from the same ingredients, and work as one parts, so they may mix at no dilution without problem.

A 4:1 ratio of FNG to FNB gives close to a 3-1-4 profile.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
no what i mean is you have 2 1/2 gal of water and how many ounces of nutes/additives do you poor in? im just trying to figure out how concentrated you feel comfortable making it cause i would like to poor like a half gallon to a gallon of nutes in there if possible, that is minus the sensizyme and Rhino Skin. do you have a ratio in mind? 5/1 water to nutes ratio or 10/1? even if i was gonna do something like this it would be for only topping off just to makes things easier.
I am mixing in the 2 1/2 gallon jug .... the nutes needed for a 5 gallon rez or in my case a 5 gallon jug that i pour from when i top feed .
for 5 gallons of veg nute we'll say ... i use
100ml of cns17 grow
10ml of cal mag
40ml of rhizotonic
15ml of protekt
then these nutes sit in the jug & i use an air stone & let it bubble for awhile usually an hour or more . then i'll shake it up good to make sure theres no sediment in the bottom then i'll add that 2 1/2 gallon jug to my 5 gallon jug . then i'll add the other 2 1/2 gallon jug of RO water & bubble that for awhile .my final step is after the 5 gallon jug has mixed awhile i will PH it to 5.8 usually about 2 pipettes full does it . most times i won't need to feed till the next day & I check the PH before I feed & its usually up to 5.9 so i leave it & feed with that jug .

now this i have to do 3 times with 3 different nute mixes ... 1 veg 1 early flower & 1 late flower . about every 2 days veg mix is prolly every 3 days ... but thats still a hell of alot of mixing . which is why i want to try & concentrate my nute mixes down to like a 10 to 1 or at least 5 to 1 so i can just put a cup or so of the concentrate in the 5 gallon jug & PH it after its bubbled .

im just trying to figure out how concentrated you feel comfortable making it cause i would like to poor like a half gallon to a gallon of nutes in there if possible, that is minus the sensizyme and Rhino Skin.
i do this every other day but with bigger jugs ....2 1/2 into 5 gallons . but according to just about everybody else in this post i'm wrong so ... i dunno

treeking .... it looks like i've hijacked your thread here .... didn't mean to have it come out this way . all i was trying to do is get a simple answer in your topic but it seems ... that ain't happenin ... sorry dude :(

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
first off, why complicate things

-plants don't need thee different ratios of nutes
-if you don't want to mix alot, then why not just go a 1 part or 2 part?
-why not get a doser if you don't want to mix ?
-always avoid mixing nute companies if possible
-don't air bubble nutes

for the question, yes I'm no scientist who knows the solubility rate of the different chemicals. but I think it can be answered by different methods, as I'm not sure what your gaining by concentrating nutrients from different sources into a jug

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone who can read a label has already 'learned' that mixing chemicals is bad.

'We are here to learn', but i'll pass on the finger painting and wooden blocks; that was covered in kindergarten.

I dont need to put my hand on the stove to see if the burner is hot...
I'm not trying to be an ass here but are we not mixing different chemicals into the same rez here every day .... everybody ??????just in larger concentrations, all i'm trying to figure out is if ...... i can concentrate this mix down further without causing lockout or precipitation problems . i'm not worried about using different chemicals to get reactions cuz as i said everybody does it every day wtf ????
by chemicals i'm meaning different nutes additives etc..... there are guys here using so many different nutes & additives together i'm surprised the the plastic containers aren't melting .... but i want to ask a simple question about concentrating down the same nutrients i & others are using every day ..... & i get flamed for being an idiot . I understand some chemicals cannot be mixed together .... thats NOT what i'm asking .

let me put this as simple as i can .
can i concentrate the nutrients i'm using every day (concentrated to 2 to 1 now with no problems ) can i concentrate them down to a 10 to 1 mix or even a 5 to 1 mix ?????

i could mix all my nutes in a pint jar & add that to the 5 gallon jug & get the same results . but the mix that is in that pint jar .... i would like to have on hand in the frig & held in a larger container . like a 2 gallon jug & be able to take a pint at a time from it to mix my 5 gallon jug .is this really that bad of an idea ????

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran

-don't air bubble nutes

habeeb .... i'm really not trying to complicate things , i'm trying to make it easier is all .
i'm running three different mixes cuz i have 3 different stages . i have veg & 2 flower cycles i run a perpetual set up . so 1 rez won't work for me . i'm using the cns17 line which has grow bloom & ripe ... perfect for my perpetual . but i have to still mix @ 3 stages ... 3 different 5 gallon jugs . A doser isn't gonna work in my situation either .
why not bubble the mix ???? its a bitch to shake a 5 gallon jug @ 40lbs .

T

TREE KING

-don't air bubble nutes

for the question, yes I'm no scientist who knows the solubility rate of the different chemicals. but I think it can be answered by different methods, as I'm not sure what your gaining by concentrating nutrients from different sources into a jug

all im tryin to do is follow the advanced nutrients 2 part program which requires different things certain weeks. you would need 3 bottles to do it

and i said earlier in this thread that i am getting a doser but i would rather not sacrifice the nutes i wanna use. doesnt that make sense?

can you please explain why you cant air bubble nutes? i actually thought that would be a good idea when i start using the doser cause it would be mixing together constantly from the water moving around

T

TREE KING

habeeb .... i'm really not trying to complicate things , i'm trying to make it easier is all .
i'm running three different mixes cuz i have 3 different stages . i have veg & 2 flower cycles i run a perpetual set up . so 1 rez won't work for me . i'm using the cns17 line which has grow bloom & ripe ... perfect for my perpetual . but i have to still mix @ 3 stages ... 3 different 5 gallon jugs . A doser isn't gonna work in my situation either .
why not bubble the mix ???? its a bitch to shake a 5 gallon jug @ 40lbs .

yeah it makes perfectly good sense that you wanna do this too knowing your doing a perpetual grow. with all those res's that would be a bitch to measure out all those nutes all the time. and then ph-ing all those res's too and separate water chillers. man, thats the reason il never do a perpetual grow

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
with all those res's that would be a bitch to measure out all those nutes all the time. and then ph-ing all those res's too and separate water chillers. man, thats the reason il never do a perpetual grow
nope .. ya must have misunderstood . i top feed cuz there's no way i could handle 3 rez's . i have 3- 5 gallon jugs i pour from into a sprayer to top feed with .

i think thats alot of whats going on in this thread , these guys aren't getting what we're trying to accomplish . maybe we're not putting it out there correctly & its lost in the translation somewhere ..... i hope or i really am that stupid :)

G

greenmatter

I'm not trying to be an ass here but are we not mixing different chemicals into the same rez here every day .... everybody ??????just in larger concentrations, all i'm trying to figure out is if ...... i can concentrate this mix down further without causing lockout or precipitation problems . i'm not worried about using different chemicals to get reactions cuz as i said everybody does it every day wtf ????
by chemicals i'm meaning different nutes additives etc..... there are guys here using so many different nutes & additives together i'm surprised the the plastic containers aren't melting .... but i want to ask a simple question about concentrating down the same nutrients i & others are using every day ..... & i get flamed for being an idiot . I understand some chemicals cannot be mixed together .... thats NOT what i'm asking .

let me put this as simple as i can .
can i concentrate the nutrients i'm using every day (concentrated to 2 to 1 now with no problems ) can i concentrate them down to a 10 to 1 mix or even a 5 to 1 mix ?????

i could mix all my nutes in a pint jar & add that to the 5 gallon jug & get the same results . but the mix that is in that pint jar .... i would like to have on hand in the frig & held in a larger container . like a 2 gallon jug & be able to take a pint at a time from it to mix my 5 gallon jug .is this really that bad of an idea ????

yes it is really that bad of an idea ....... its simple chemistry. two part nutes come in two different bottles for a reason. you should do some reading on mixing your own nutes, it won't take you to long to answer the why and the why nots. in high concentrations elements bond together ....... really! ............we are not trying to bullshit you..... and we understand the question.

not trying to flame you but it sounds like you have the word concentrate a little twisted up. you are not concentrating anything when you mix it with another concentrate/solution you are only mixing them and forming a solution with more ingredients. to concentrate a solution you remove some of the solvent so there is a smaller volume of solution with a higher concentration of dissolved chemicals in it. what you are doing when you add any chem or additive to your rez is diluting that chem or additive with water ........... it is no longer concentrated so it does not react with the other chemicals as well......

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

yes it is really that bad of an idea ....... its simple chemistry. two part nutes come in two different bottles for a reason. you should do some reading on mixing your own nutes, it won't take you to long to answer the why and the why nots. in high concentrations elements bond together ....... really

thats without water. he's talkin about mixing them in water

Latest posts

Latest posts