What's new

Is anyone else tired of this Medical Marijuana bullshit

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
Back on topic:

NorCalFor20, how are you planning on selling that headband and purple barney if you can't get into the dispensaries?

I forgot only dispensaries buy weed now a days dang what am i gona do now :laughing:

picture.php

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
That wasn't my point. Why move out to Cali and get the rec if you don't intend on being compliant with the law? Are you gonna be selling to patients only? Seriously, why go through the hoops to become legal only to break the law again? :confused:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I just don't see legalization happening anytime soon, I think 10 years maybe. If/when it does, I'd expect prices to remain fairly stable or drop slightly as other states begin to import more Cali weed, and in far larger quantities.

Oct 27 is also when the first federal MJ case is heard that will allow the medical defense for the first time, and time to see if Obama's "we will not use precious federal resources to prosecute MMJ cases" campaign promise comes true. This will be in California Federal court too, I can't wait!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I hope that people realize that legalizing herb puts the distribution in the government's hands. When was the last time you agreed with them on this issue? :wallbash:

ourcee

I hope that people realize that legalizing herb puts the distribution in the government's hands. When was the last time you agreed with them on this issue? :wallbash:

this is where you are (kinda) wrong.

legalization in the sense that "oh i'm gonna go to 7/11 and buy a pack of doobies today" is different than legalization in the sense that:

this is a plant. it should be treated as a plant. I can grow a plant in my backyard and burn it, compost it, eat it, look at it, WHAT THE FUCK EVER I WANT WITH IT.

THAT is legalization my friend. When nobody is going to hassle me or tax me or bother me for anything I do related to cannabis.

so I fail to see how full on legalizing (just like any other garden variety produce i.e. carrots, lettuce etc) will put "distribution in the government's hands"

I grow my own lettuce, I dont see the govt touchin my 100% organic romaine and distributing it to me?....
(I give some to my neighbors as well, if I did this with cannabis, and so did anyone else that knows how to grow, you literally ARE "overgrowing the govt")

when I go down to the store and purchase lettuce thats USDA approved. yeah. the govt inspected it and made sure there aint lil aliens or e coli bein shipped out to me. I am somewhat (hopefully) re assured that the mass produced product I am buying is fit to consume.

I am fine with USDA regulating COMMERCIAL marijuana grows (the guys that will be supplying those packs at 7/11). Making sure that plants are not getting bombed with pyrethin during flower, etc etc.

Treat cannabis just like any other crop.

MobbDeep

Yeah Ourcee,thats exactly what a FULL legalization is..if the government taxes,distributes,etc..then thats not legalized,thats REGULATED..the same way the goverment used to tax it back in the day..its all revenue..I seriosly doubt theyll ever really legalize it..theres just wayyy to much money to be made with the cannabis users..

Yes,I believe cannabis is just as medicinal as recreational,IF NOT MORE..just cus SOMEONE specifically uses it to "get high,laugh,act idiotic,then get munchies"..definitely doesnt mean theres isnt people who ONLY use it for medicine..whether its
imsomnia,ADD,depression,pain,arthritis,the list goes on....

ME personally I havn't smoked for "fun" since I was a teenager skipping school and smoking and acting a fool..for some reason,cannabis seems to make me think and act in a very negative way when Im around ANYBODY..so now I only usually smoke when Im by myself..and only at night...I cant sleep,so I strictly use narcotic ass indicas..whether you use it to "unwind"...or any other reason..even to get "stoned",you're still USING CANNABIS FOR ITS EFFECT ON THE PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ASPECTS OF THE HUMAN BODY...

I agree,calling cannabis "weed,bud,grass,marijuana,krip,chronic" etc is kinda annoying..I dont smoke any of this crap..I smoke CANNABIS..

MobbDeep

Oh and I just HAD to bring this up..to the people saying that weed is as medicinal as aspirin..tylenol,whatever..WOW..that goes to show how ignorant people are..an aspirin can be the diffrense between life and death..chewing an aspirin when your first feeling a heart attack can SAVE YOUR LIFE..getting on a daily aspirin regime can save your life..aspirin is a blood thinner..making blood flow more freely,thats why it can save you from a heart attack..oh and WINE?? Not good for you...

MANY studies have concluded,that a drink of red wine once a day for women,and 2 a day for men..can decrease your chances of a heart attack by 30-50%
It is also suggested that alcohol such as red wine may prevent additional heart attacks if you have already suffered from one. Other studies also indicated that red wine can raise HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol) and prevent LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) from forming. Red wine can also help prevent blood clots and reduce the blood vessel damage caused by fat deposits. Oh ,and studies showed that people from the Mediterranean who regularly drank red wine have lower risks of heart disease..so no,red wine IS good for you..

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
mustard - are you saying that you dont want it legalized?

I'm not sure anymore. I can say that I do, but the way things are working I can't say that I don't... at least not the way it's looking.

People seem to be saying that they are in favor of legalizing but don't seem to be aware of just how helpless that may leave us. If the government chooses to legalize it and distribute it what makes you think they won't go Monsanto and leave growing it only up to them?

I could still see them letting us grow but only femmed seed etc...

I was gonna rant but you all tire of me sooner or later so I'll sum it up:

Don't rush into legalization without wondering why the government isn't by the people for the people anymore. I will shit bricks of fear if they legalized today... but like Lazyman said if WE work the kinks out in the next ten years maybe we'll have a better shot than perhaps destroying our chance.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
so I fail to see how full on legalizing (just like any other garden variety produce i.e. carrots, lettuce etc) will put "distribution in the government's hands"

This is what I'm talking about. You don't realize it but that is exactly what could happen.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it is absolutely no wonder at all why cannabis is still illegal....and its not industries fault or the governments fault, at least not nearly as much as it is our own...,,tired of medical marijuanna bullshit? how bout a thread entitled " i have no respect for those people who sweated blood and risked everything to further advance the cause of cannabis" ---its medicine to me. straight up, no bullshit. i can show you an entire list of SERIOUS meds i am no longer taking because of cannnabis.....ive also spent 3 decades on and off smoking cuz i like it, .....and i agree that it should be decriminalized for anyone....and i hate lists and gov't offices and requirements more than most, trust me, im prob on every list the govt has now...but i am not gonna whine and bitch about others who have it a bit better then me....good for those who have it better then me....but lets keep fighting and arguing and bitching at each other, thats the one sure way to make sure nothing ever gets accomplished....i bet prohibitionists get a kick out of discussions like these....score one more for them!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
im not claiming ive never been a dick on someones thread, i am a self admitted asshole, but it doesnt bother me when I sound like an asshole, just when other tools do it...nor do i claim ive never made a snide little comment like the post above^^^^........bitchin about mmj, because one does not like the fact that state law requires you to have an i.d. in the state you reside in(whether you want a rec or not) unless your a full time student or active duty military, just seems kinda whiney to me.....and you know what else? i see some of the perfectly healthy 18 year olds with thier medical rec. that they have no need of...am i jealous? no. good for them....i dont even mind when someone brings up a DECENT argument about why they think mmj hurts the decrim movement, we can all learn something from those disagreements, but this thread accomplishes nothing....the one good thing this thread DOES accomplish is show that as long as we are all divided, we will not have any power, but at least we all have a thread where we can whine for no reason....

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
im not claiming ive never been a dick on someones thread, i am a self admitted asshole, but it doesnt bother me when I sound like an asshole, just when other tools do it........bitchin about mmj, because one does not like the fact that state law requires you to have an i.d. in the state you reside in(whether you want a rec or not) unless your a full time student or active duty military, just seems kinda whiney to me.....and you know what else? i see some of the perfectly healthy 18 year olds with thier medical rec. that they have no need of...am i jealous? no. good for them....i dont even mind when someone brings up a DECENT argument about why they think mmj hurts the decrim movement, we can all learn something from those disagreements, but this thread accomplishes nothing....the one good thing this thread DOES accomplish is show that as long as we are all divided, we will not have any power, but at least we all have a thread where we can whine for no reason....

i've noticed you and a lot of other people miss the point of this therad. You all act like im saying marijuana has no medical benifit what so ever... I might have just as well made the thread title "your all fakers" because your all getting pissed off like im saying medical marijuana has no benifit medically which is NOT what im saying but lots of you want to believe this in your head so you can say that im wrong when im not. Im saying medical marijauna is all fine and dandy it helps people great, but it shouldn't be just for "medical" reasons you guys should try actully reading my posts instead of reading the title of the thread and getting all offended because I said your not special and that your not the only ones who deserve marijuana....

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
when you have been in cali long enough to have WORKED to change laws, and to have risked everything that is near and dear to yourself and your family and your career and your life savings and your freedom, im sure i, and others around here, will have the same amount of respect for your opinions on our states laws, that i have for those who worked tirelessly for YEARS just so you and i and everyone else here has the OPPORTUNITY to be afforded some slight protection from draconian laws that exist in this country. until then, quit whining and do something to affect the changes your looking for. but my advice, do it with a lil more respect then your showing now...it may help in the long run....good luck....sub
EDIT: and i AM TOO special, my momma told me so.....
EDIT: and yes, im one of those "assholes" who pay 200 a year for my rec, another example of the whole 'respect' aspect of my post....

Last edited:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
^^^^^^yeah,if were all fakers..than what are you doing here??? go call people fakers on another forum...

you a perfect example of what i just said, you just totally skipped the rest of my message LOL i love it! you just proved me right. This couldn't be any easier, im done with this thread, since none of you want to read what im saying and just tell your opinion. and subrob you failed to address anythign i said in my previous post, you just continued on about the many people who have been arrested in the fight to legalize cannabis. which completely goes off topic when my thread was not about those people or anything related to that subject. Plain and simple since no one seems to understand, cannabis aka marijuana aka pot aka weed aka ganja is for EVERYONE medical or not if you think otherwise your a hypocrite.

I'm done with this thread like i said, but you guys can continue to rant, digress, and obscure my point if you want i've said what I have to say if anyone wants my opnion then read ALL my posts over and over again and every word not just want you want to hear.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
they say i can't get my ID because i dont' have my ORIGINAL birth certificate the one with my foot print on the back.... i haven't seen that thing in years, so i have to apply to the state that i was born in for a new original which cost 50$+ then i have to wait for it to get here
I know this is totally off topic but I had to do the same thing myself. Cost me $43 and 3 days to get 2 copies of my birth certificate. Obama can't do it though. Hmmmmmm.

Back on topic..... You don't got to the store and buy "Medicinal St. John's Wort". You don't go buy "Medicinal Ginseng", there's no such thing as "Medicinal Cannabis". Ok, I'll concede that most 'Cannabis' you get off the street has quality control issues but the medicinal value is in the plant

Yes, the situation today is ridiculous. Support the California Cannabis Initiative 2010 and help make it go away! :D