What's new

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

solace

I thought I should share this in case anyone else who has similar issues as myself is looking for a very relieving smoke.

Today, I was able to get some master kush - unfortunately not as crazy looking as pictured but still damn pretty looking and top notch (but not from a medical dispensary - not like it matters).

Anywho, I havn't used any cannabis for the past 4-7 days- on purpose to see if it could have been the herb causing some stomach problems. It is evident to me, that cannabis was not one of the causes.

Well, I smoked a bowl - but really only needed the first hit, cause the moment I exhaled it was like the entire weeks worth of stomach aching had just evaporated through my stomachs lining and left my body completely... I was NOT expecting that at all, i was very surprised and not to mention in a state of complete solace. My stomach was smug and feeling oh so great:kos:

Guess what. It's been four hours since then, and I even ate some chocolate coated raisins and had NO PROBLEM, it actually felt settling cause I had started to get hungry. I'm not feeling any problems and the high wore off 3 hours ago.

Hope this helps someone with related issues. I'm about to buy myself some master kush beans.:smoke:
cheers!

tfs_mm_masterkush.jpg

johnurse

thats great news, glad you found a strain that helps, ive personaly had times where i can only hold down a can of ensure a day so i know how much medical cannabis can help, now we just need to get our states to get some med laws

johnurse

just saw your above post, wasnt sure as it should have been checked each time you went in to get seen but if its our left your right of belly button and a little lower it could possibly be appendicitis, its called rebound tenderness if you push in and let go and the rebound is very painfull, if its your other side your left our right then its probably your large intestine, i hope your feeling better soon

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
There is a post that says "Which strain does what? " Look at that post and hemp hearts are very helpful for IBS and lots and lots of fiber and water peace out Headband707

j6p

Good to see that the Master Kush provides relief. I ran a quick web search and noticed some recommendations of Hindu Kush and Master Kush for treating IBS. Sorry that you were feeling so bad. Acute insomnia + IBS, well I sure am glad you found some relief. Hope you're getting some rest now, and HTH.

G

guest101

Hi solace. First, i gotta admit i didnt read everything on this thread.
Just by reading your first post, i came to the personal conclusion that its all happening in your head and your just dealing with the symptoms rather than treating the cause.
If you continue that route your life style will just get worse.
Stomach issues, than digestion, insonia... does your heart rushes some time without you even trigering it?
Mental unbalances start queitly, so dont think just because you cant feel it, that theres nothing wrong with your brain.
In your situation i would symply quit cannabis for a while.
Reading you was like having a flash of the future me if i wasnt paying attention to the silent anxyety.
Even if this is not your situation, believe me, cannabis is much better suited for a good recreational moment when everything is ok with your body and soul.
Hope you get better.

j6p

Hi solace. First, i gotta admit i didnt read everything on this thread.
Just by reading your first post, i came to the personal conclusion that its all happening in your head
frank, do you know this lady? With all due respect, it seems that you are just trying to promote your own agenda. Maybe I'm missing something?

johnnyla

Veteran
you could have chron's or colitis.

stress is definately exasberating the problem. try to eat fewer meals and you have to fix the insomnia. get on a routine of sleeping and eating and your body will normalize.

medicating and eating less and sleeping and YOGA are the only things that help me. oh and WHOLE FOODS.

if you eat garbage you will not be right.

G

guest101

Hey j6p!
I started with something similar and went to a gastroentrologist friend and he straight told me that the disgestive system is wired with the brain in a way that when your having nervous system problems, its that system who shows the first signs.
Sory if it sounded like "promote my own agenda". Im ok cause as soon as i tried some calmants all problems slowly vanished away. And i even had a endo and colonoscopy agended... if i went that way just focusing on symptoms and not on the real cause, i could be hitting a point with no return with a lot of paranoia even making the situation worst.
I really gotta point that nervous system problems start very silently in its origin.
Just tryin to help mate, really!
I cant see how my post can hurt solace, so i guess every output is wellcome in this place called a forum.
Best wishes.

jessrabit

While I personally do not have IBS I have friends who suffer from IBS, colitis and crones disease. As a naturopath I am always seeking ways to help them and asking for input on what helps them. I am sorry to say I don't have an extensive list of strains but I do know that the Diesels are strong and effective. I am venturing any hash plant would be a good bet for you. Big Book of Buds 1,2 or 3 would be a great resource for you to explore options,especially for what you may opt to grow.
I would like to suggest a tincture as this can be added to a cup of tea or water. and can deliver thc when you don't want to cook something or smoke. You can make it yourself or find it at most dispensaries.
If you aren't already addressing your diet you might want to watch 'A Beautiful Truth'.
I hope you find the solutions you are looking for.

I hope you find

solace

I really appreciate the input and encouragement from everyone!

This is also something i forgot to add - if you go onto webmd.com - and click the "symptom checker" on the bottom lefthand side - then you can go through this nice technical list of things that really pinpoints the possible problem. It tries to narrow it down to 20 results. I went through all of them - peptic ulcers, intestinal obstruction, diverticulososis and gas pains were some of the main ones that caught my attention, i did this just for because - and i know i don't have peptic ulcers, just some of my symptoms matched up with it but they also matched up with others - gas pains i related to quite welll. But what bugged me was at the very top... .simply said IBS. lol.... and that one had all my symptoms, which bugs me cause its generalized for such a vast majority of people i've noticed who have different tummy probs.

Anyhow, just thought i'd mention that for anyone who comes accross this in the future in need of some help..

Here's some results from a test i did last night.... basically i stayed up till 5 am in the morning - like i use to (3-5am) - and woke up today at 10am. I ate the exact same breakfast as yesterday, lots of parsley, 3 eggs some ham... this time it didn't feel to good AT ALL.

This, as mentioned, is evidence that my sleep and meal routines effect my stomach greatly... I must go to sleep before 12 midnight, and only have three meals a day at even intervals. I believe this is both mental and physical. I just need to stay on top of my life.

I got myself a yoga matt 2 days ago actually, funny one of you mention it heh - once i move into my new place i'm going to be doing that often. And drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day.

IM GOING TO GET SOME SNOWSHOES! cause otherwise i'll be bogged down in the usual 6 feet of winter snow - so exercise should help alot.

Jessrabit, thanks for the list i truely appreciate it ^^ Lucky me i might still have my nyc diesel beans from 3 years back!

Storm Crow

Veteran
Here are the first five studies......

Here are the first five studies......

From the "Crohn's/ IBS / UC" section of my "Granny Storm Crow's list" (linked below).

Cannabis-based drugs could offer new hope for inflammatory bowel disease patients
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/28584.php

Cannabis may soothe inflamed bowels
http://www.chanvre-info.ch/info/en/Cannabis-may-soothe-inflamed.html

In the Human Colon: Cannabinoids Promote Epithelial Wound Healing
http://www.gastrojournal.org/article/PIIS0016508505009297/abstract

Crohn's Patients Report Symptomatic Relief From Cannabis
http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/4650

Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease
http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/cannabis_helps_ulcers_and_crohns_disease

There are more that you should read. And growing your own is the only way to go! :2cents:

Granny :joint:

solace

THANKS granny! Good stuff!

From the "Crohn's/ IBS / UC" section of my "Granny Storm Crow's list" (linked below).

Cannabis-based drugs could offer new hope for inflammatory bowel disease patients
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/28584.php

Cannabis may soothe inflamed bowels
http://www.chanvre-info.ch/info/en/Cannabis-may-soothe-inflamed.html

In the Human Colon: Cannabinoids Promote Epithelial Wound Healing
http://www.gastrojournal.org/article/PIIS0016508505009297/abstract

Crohn's Patients Report Symptomatic Relief From Cannabis
http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/4650

Cannabis Helps Ulcers And Crohn's Disease
http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/cannabis_helps_ulcers_and_crohns_disease

There are more that you should read. And growing your own is the only way to go! :2cents:

Granny :joint:

Sinecure

Great thread here. I'm new to icmag.com so please excuse if this has been covered.

I have Ulcerative Colitis (UC). I mostly have it under control with drugs like Lialda, plus vitamins/supplements like vitamin C, E, Fish Oil, Calcium, Multi-Vitamin, and I take some Glucosamin Chondroitin for my beat up joints (too many years of skiing really hard).

It seems that each form of IBD is slightly different. What works for some doesn't work for others. Treating it is as much an art as a science.

That said, I'm looking forward to trying some of the strains Storm has listed. I got started with MMJ because of pain issues the year I tore my achilles and broke my hip both in the same year. Now I just started growing on my own with some help from a friend I used to buy from.

I'm following his lead on this first grow and probably the next time around so that I start learning what to do / not to do. But as soon as I can, I'd like to start experimenting with different strains.

Oh, and my volcano vaporizer is very cool. Although I do enjoy smoking a fattie as well.

Any suggestions on what to grow? Other IBD/UC suggestions?

T

Truthman

Like someone said get you some metamucil or psyllium husk, which metamucil is but comes in different forms, and it should help you.

What it does is coat your intestines with mucilage which slows down food absorption as well as help prevent inflammation which IBS is. I think it's best to take it right after you eat instead of different times in the day because what you eat will most likely be the cause of irritation. If you take it with your meal it prevents the irritation. Just make sure you take it with a lot 8-160z glass of water because it sucks up moisture which is how it does it's job.

You will also use the bathroom with no problems and stay consistent.

If you do get metamucil try to get the original because the flavored kind has a lot of sugar in it and it gives me heartburn. Plus you get more psyllium husk in the original smooth textured kind.

johnurse

if your having a flare up you deffinetly dont need fiber, this is IBD not IBS ive found that indica based strains are the best for me, even so much as to put a flare up into remision w/o other medications, i believe its due to indica's having a higher level of cannabinoids that respond to the cb2 receptors that we have more of, hope you find a strain that works good for you...peace

E

EvilTwin

jessrabit,
Hi, I'm a retired health practitioner. Not a doctor. I only mention that so you know I understand the symptoms and frustrations of dealing with those symptoms.

I'm only recently starting to understand the different effects and therapeutic value of different genetics.

I don't know if smooth muscle reacts the same as skeletal muscle, but I'd expect that a person would get the most relief from a purely indica strain such as Afghan.

A really stimulating strain like C-99 or any pure sativa could actually increase symptoms.
ET

I know this thread is rather old, but I thought I'd add my two cents.

I suffer from a GI problem. I've had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy, etc. So far I know that I have ulcers in my small intestine (not UC) but they have proved negative for crohn's in biposy. Now I need a CT enterography.

My symptoms include a lot of abdominal pain and nausea. Everyone seems to have some form of IBS that doesn't make you have to go to the bathroom all of the time. I wish I was so lucky. It has been difficult to commute to work 40+ minutes and stay productive.

That being said, my relief comes from strong indicas. OG helps in the day, when I need the narcotic effect of the indica but don't want to fall asleep. Sativas seem to cause spasms and muscle contractions in my abdomen. For the evening, I have White Rhino.

I also suffer from insomnia, related to the digestion issue I believe. On nights when it's really awful, I pull out Trainwreck, which is probably the only strain that impairs my ability to drive.

I definitely suspect some sort of mind/body connection here, and believe that stress is a major factor. That isn't to downplay anything. UC is caused by stress and my mother lost her colon to that.

Latest posts

Latest posts