What's new

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

solace

I'm excited as hell right now cause i've been suffering from stomach pain and haven't been able to find anything that helps me.

Citric acid use to hurt allot but I just grew some balls and took my mothers advice and had some lemon. It helped. Then I decided to get more gutsy and try drinking olive oil. It instantly helped..... but in 20 min i'll know just if it really did or not.

Anywho, i'm going to be growing soon - since i hate smoking marijuana (the smoke hurts me) - but when it's in food it helps ALLOT.

The only problem with using it in food, on a daily basis - is it is EXPENSIVE cause unlike smoking, you only need a tiny amount. So I have to grow it. I'm excited cause I haven't been able to go onto a stable routine/schedule of using marijuana medicinally in food.

Dont get me wrong, smoking it helps temporarily, but at the same time - it gives me some discomfort. But at least it's better then nothing.

Certain strains of marijuana I noticed make my stomach tense up more and not help. But others i noticed help it relax, feel smoothe and tranquil.

Ohp, I don't think that olive oil worked....feeling some discomfort now.

ugh. IBS is such a fucking pain in the ass it's inconvenient. I don't have the ibs where you gotta run to the bathroom allot, I may have fibromyalgia - at the same time it feels like a stress issue - yet i'm not stressed allot of times - but i know how stress makes my stomach feel tense - it's like that but NOT STRESS. But it's not VERY tense, its more like a feeling of...it's like when your stomach is filled up with breathe.... but not filled with breathe and isn't bloated - it's just like i can't let it relax and feel... smug.

This makes going to sleep hard, I have insomnia as it is - and that is a huge issue, and now with ibs... it's like.... I HAVE TO FALL ASLEEP after satisfying my stomach, otherwise 30 min later it hurts again - but I cannot fall asleep for the life of me unless i pass out.

I need to know of a heavy narcotic strain, that also aleviates stomach pain often times associated with IBS. And also a strain that ISN'T a heavy narcotic but helps with IBS so that I can use it when my stomach acts up.

THANKYOU SO DAMN MUCH!!!!! Any input is really greatly appreciated!

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
solace- I'm in the same boat, and it sucks. I smoke a pretty decent afghani crossed with chronic and we made a bunch of hash with it...the brownies were great for stomach pain, as well as insomnia. I'm sure some mmj folks will be able to help you out more so than I can, but thought I'd share that with you.

B

BioMechanical

I was asking the same questions myself today as my previous strains are becoming less effective. I have full blown crohn's. After doing some reading today and receiving recommendations I am going to be trying to get a pack of sour bubble or sour saver from BOG.

Although this may be hard to do as they seem to fly off the shelf in minutes.

G

gogoplata420

theres no reason to exaggerate the severity of your insomnia, even if you only stayed up for a day and a half it'd still be legitimate

Megas

I used to suffer from something similar but I replaced shitty snacks with fiber type stuff like raisins dates ect. Drink tons of water but I found stress and nerves were usually to blame I dunno why but it would be triggered a lot on test days and if I went to a certain building go figure.

Ironicly I'm 400 miles away from it now and it pretty much went away.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I had a friend who suffered from IBS for 4 years who tried a lot of things. They said that when they started to take a fiber suppliment like Metamucel tablets on a regular basis things started to subside and eventually went away completely.

Is this something you've tried?

- SubN

solace

theres no reason to exaggerate the severity of your insomnia, even if you only stayed up for a day and a half it'd still be legitimate

Sorry if i seemed like i was exaggerating but I wasn't. Once I get to 38 hours of no sleep, I become a drone that isn't tired but just... a drone. If I lay down, I just sit there for hours.... sure, it's rest at least. it helps i know. but it's not sleep. It IS severe, you cannot tell me it's not, cause you are not me. Sorry if i sound rude. I'm just defending my truth.

I will admit, when i'm up for over 38 hours, every few hours I'll get a sudden wave of drowsyness, but it always comes when I'm no where neer a bed or in one of my courses. Or at lunch time over in the courtyard. It's always at a time that i can't just lay down and sleep.

Cyclothemia definitely hasn't helped me out, a person with this disorder may experience euphoric highs, boosts of energy and require less sleep in one phase, followed by a severe mood swings into a depressive state coupled with negativity & sadness for no particular reason. Welcome to my life.

Sorry to say but it is just that severe. I'm able to keep it down to 35 hours average, with the help of melatonin and tons of turkey - and an extremely hot shower after a very rigorous jog. But that's just too much to always have to do, when I can simply just toke a bowl and be passed out in minutes.

I have no doubt that my sleep deprivation has contributed somewhat to the IBS, but even when i'm able to be on a normal 15 hours up/9 asleep schedule - with the help of marijuana, i still get the same IBS symptoms. :wallbash:

solace

try vaping if you don't want to smoke
I have a vaporbox, the bowls are just always breaking. I need a better vape.

spadednfaded- I have suplimented these fibre one tablets into my diet cause they have lots of soluble fibre, they helped at first but seem not do much now. I will look into the metamusel thanks!
Megas - I feel you, I get bad stress when i'm in school. Actually, I originally only ambien back in highschool for sleep, and adderal for focus in school. They both ruined me. It's amazing how alot of this is a result of me trying to do well in school isn't it? trying to get sleep so i can wake up early, have energy and good mental health. Trying to be able to focus. etc etc. All it led to was IBS.
Then comes cannabis in college, and suddenly life is good, sleeping habits are great, I've got energy for classes.... but thats only 20% of the time, cause I don't always have marijuana since it's such an expensive thing in this day and age.

biomech - I actually was looking at that sour and was disapointed cause they were sold out too :(
and thanks for the advice Dubwise, I'll check that out.

solace

So, any personal favorites from those out there with IBS? I need to get these babies ordered soon.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
- since i hate smoking marijuana (the smoke hurts me) - but when it's in food it helps ALLOT.
Solace very sorry to hear of your issues. The above statement has me very curious..what do mean by it hurts you? Can you go into more detail about that. If you don't want to discuss it here please PM me. Thank you..hope you find some relief..DD

Last edited:

AndreNicky

Cured my IBS with a raw high fruit diet, also cured my back pain and laziness. You can continue to mask the problems your whole life or actually take control and turn your life around :)

solace

Doobie -
It's not always, half the time actually it makes my stomach feel settled and relaxed/numb, but since I'm not anywhere near a medical dispensary and what i get ahold of is what the dealer man has got - it's always a different strain, so has different effects from the point of inhalation to exhalation.

When it causes pain, it's the feeling of.....oh say when you have a very empty stomach and it hurts to really stretch it out rather then scrunch it - it's not the kind of ache that causes nasea from being so hungry (i get that if i'm hungry enough) - well say you take a deep breathe in on this empty stomach... it kinda hurts.

Thats kind of a poor explanation, but i guess it's equivelant to when someone drinks milk that is sensitive to it (not in the way that makes you have to run to the bathroom... but simply just discomforting. My guess is it's cause some herbs make me more anxious and nervous, while others don't. I'm not sure yet, cause i'm still investigating this problem and actually found out my cousin had similar problems, so talked with her yesterday - she said she saw over 4 docs, who all said "oh yeah, yea.... you have ibs", BULLSHIT she was tired of this, so saw a neurologist, worried it might be her nervous system or something - she checked out perfectly fine - but was refered to see a psychologist.

She soon found out it was nervousness and the psych taught her how to breathe correctly and not get pains - it went away after that. So i'm going to try this.

So basically, it's not something that slowly sinks in as a result of smoking, it's more instantanious. As if filling up my lungs somehow affects my stomach... so my guess is maybe this is something breathing/mentally related.

Solace very sorry to hear of your issues. The above statement has me very curious..what do mean by it hurts you? Can you go into more detail about that. If you don't want to discuss it here please PM me. Thank you..hope you find some relief..DD

Andre -
I understand exactly what your saying and actually it's funny cause i'm always bitching about how after getting IBS i realized how THERE IS SERIOUSLY NOTHING HEALTHY out there in the stores that you can just eat without getting some abstract ingredient. I'm forced into eating ONLY raw foods cause it seems all of society has been fooled into thinking their food is normal... when it's just.... so goddamn gnarly.

That lemon thing, actually seems to be just fine. Citrus used to really upset my stomach, lemons were my number one enemy. I get the feeling that I have already cured the phsycical aspect of IBS, it's just that now the effects it's had on my nervous system/mind still linger - and i just need to fix that maybe?

I have been eating lots of pairs, pricey pomegranates (my favorite fruit in the whole world luckily), half a banana (wholes use to upset my stomach... to worried to try a full one now lol), apples, oranges, tangerines... i got gutsy and had some of those canned tangerines which always have HIGH sodium (or potasium i forgot which...) - and it went down jsut fine... actualy it cured my stomach ache cause i couldn't sleep that night and was desperate.

I took some fancy probiotics last month. 60 capsules for like 27 dollars jeez. had them every day. Those did me well.

I am on benefiber tablets. 3 tabs, 3 times a day. That soluble fibre is good stuff!! It's hard to come accross things high in monosaturated fat and soluble fibre at the same time - while also low in sugars, sodium and carbs.

I'm not sure if carbs really effect me badly yet though, so i need to find out. I'm going to need to try an exclusion diet when i get the time/patience/self effort gathered up to do it. It can be hard. I got four days into one but just got impatient. I gotta try it again though.

Could you give me an example of what you buy from the store each week, and how often you do it, and what your daily eating routine is like? And the combination of how you eat those things, if you eat all the same things 3 times a day or only certain ones.

Cured my IBS with a raw high fruit diet, also cured my back pain and laziness. You can continue to mask the problems your whole life or actually take control and turn your life around :)

The reason I want cannabis is not to mask it, but to help. Even if I don't use it for IBS, i'd at least like to find a really good sleepy strain - but any indica can do that so long as you flower it into being 85-95% red trichs. But i want somethign that almost has the burnout of swag, but not a burnout, a sleepy knockout - heavy eyeslids, you know, starts to make you space out and not want to move a muscle.

If anyone out there has IBS (not the kind that makes you need to go to the bathroom alot) and has tried a strain that really helped. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Cause even with a very healthy diet, i still get a week every once in a while where i just get pains/discomfort all day. To the point that i get irritated myself, and just wanna lie down and not exist or go kick the shit out of a punching bag. I can have anger problems, if things bug me long enough.

I've turned into a damn Frugivore LOL, i don't have a problem with that - but i'll always be an herbivore at heart:canabis:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Solace thanks for the answer..detailed enough for me. I thought maybe it was muscle pain and I wasn't sure where you were experiancing it..you answered my questions and I wish I had a remedy for you. You might try to get ahold of some of Tom Hills deep Chunk..I grew out Cannacopia Lapis Indica that was heavy stone. I hope you find some relief somehow. Keep your head up...DD

SmokeTheState

I have a similar stomach disease myself. Just wanted to say I know what you are going through, and I feel you on the normalcy that marijuana can provide in the hectic life of having a GI problem.

Stay positive. I take it a day at a time, but it gets harder to deal with every year it seems.

johnurse

i have ibd which is different from ibs but what helps me is a good indica cause people with ibd have a higher # of cb2 receptors in the GI tract, have you had a colonoscopy? i would have one to rule out other things, you could also take an H. pylori test to make sure its not an ulcer, hope you find a strain that helps you out....peace

solace

i have ibd which is different from ibs but what helps me is a good indica cause people with ibd have a higher # of cb2 receptors in the GI tract, have you had a colonoscopy? i would have one to rule out other things, you could also take an H. pylori test to make sure its not an ulcer, hope you find a strain that helps you out....peace

Interesting, good info to know! I've had an endoscopy, colonoscopy and ulcer tests, blood tests for celica disease, H. Pylori tests, no results. But i did get endoscopy done two years ago so maybe something new has developed. Thanks for the info!

I have a similar stomach disease myself. Just wanted to say I know what you are going through, and I feel you on the normalcy that marijuana can provide in the hectic life of having a GI problem.

Stay positive. I take it a day at a time, but it gets harder to deal with every year it seems.

:friends: Breathe easy thanks :]

Solace thanks for the answer..detailed enough for me. I thought maybe it was muscle pain and I wasn't sure where you were experiancing it..you answered my questions and I wish I had a remedy for you. You might try to get ahold of some of Tom Hills deep Chunk..I grew out Cannacopia Lapis Indica that was heavy stone. I hope you find some relief somehow. Keep your head up...DD

I'm skeptical about those details I gave you though, it seems every time I am confident in what I say about my symptoms and what helps, things change and I am left confused as hell once again. The tense unrelaxed feelings i get seem as though they may be muscle/nerve related - perhaps nerve damage from going cold turkey from adderall (a few times actually) back in highschool? Who knows.

One thing I can say for sure is, above my belly button around that area, it's tender if i press around there - and the feeling of PRESSURE i get that irritates me is to the left of that and a little lower..

I appreciate the recomendations, thankyou:smoke:

It's funny.... after reading something on a label of some medicine today, imodium, it said helps relieve pressure and i wondered... wait what 'pressure'? Cause next to it it said bloating.... now i realize, it's pressure - as if i'm constantly going around with a corset wrapped around my belly... but it's not my whole belly just mainly the left portion of my stomache/abdomen.

Bah, like i wasn't skinny enough as it is... 130 lb, i finally was making headway and made it to 137... then stomache started reacting differently and i no longer needed my proton pump inhibitors (protonix). Now i'm at i think 125lb.

Shit sucks. But oh well, I shouldn't let my stomache/intestines (or whatever it is) get in teh way of enjoying life, some self hypnotism to accept the pain and be happy will probably be necessary in the future, i'm sure there's a way to make different forms of pain almost a given and unnoticed thing.. .