What's new

IP Addresses & getting busted

boroboro

True Scopio, but there are no more addresses to use. I even used my own once when I got my first hps light. There doesn`t seem to be any more options. Maybe I should just quit after this one & just let him grow me a plant or two. Ive already made plenty mistakes.

Sure there are more options:
  • Drive to a store and buy in cash, in person.
  • No car? Take a bus or cab to the store.
  • Can't travel, no safe addresses? Rent an address at a mailbox facility like The UPS store. If flagged, at least its not the grow address.
  • Don't like any of the above options? Well, at least buy stuff from inconspicuous suppliers. Specific bulbs, reflectors, and nutrients are most easily found at hydro shops, but everything else can come from non-hydroponic suppliers.

L

lysol

kinda off topic but my friends and i download new bluerays off piratebay. well needless to say he got a letter in the mail stating that if he didnt delete it there would be lawsuit from lionsgate film... if they can monitor that, then im sure they can see this message im typing right now. all u gotta do is get a lil bit of fuck it in your system.

Because bittorrent is a p2p protocool meaning you connect to each seeder or leecher as you download parts of the file, as such the people setup mule torrent clients that operate as normal but log the IPs, then all they need to do is a whois on the IP and then subpoena the ISP, since they logged evidence of a crime they can do it

oregon bob

I'm paranoid & go through the whole bit to protect my identity (trucrypt/jap-jondos/washers). Used to go so far as to visit internet cafe's to do anything related... even browsing. Crazy ivans from the local shop, cash-mo blind in the mail, etc, etc, etc. I've chilled after putting it all into perspective, but still feel it is best to err on the safe side, as a general rule.

Several posters are absolutely correct in that the gov has complete access & computing power to monitor the internet activities of all it's citizens. It does not have the manpower to chase but a very small percentage of these "leads". No one is watching a particular medi-pot site & writing down isp's & back tracing to your home, then watching you, then getting a warrant, then prosecuting you for a small set-up (period). The fed is watching for the big fish... terrorists, money laundering, drug cartels, human trafficking, cults, etc. The local has a stack of crap on his desk that need to get done before his lt chews his ass out again. If you fall into his lap, sure, but he's not looking for you.

Best & bsafe.