What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Announcement Introducing Veteran members

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
As we said before this is to reward contributing members, not just a participation medal where you make an account, wait 10 years, and you got it. I think the conditions to get it are pretty easy to meet for those that do post a bit more than you.

revegeta666

As we said before this is to reward contributing members, not just a participation medal where you make an account, wait 10 years, and you got it. I think the conditions to get it are pretty easy to meet for those that do post a bit more than you.
Hi @exploziv I somehow missed the explanation for the 420 point score. Would you care to explain it to me or link me? Thank you :)

This is kind of a bummer. Just because it has always been encouraged to find answers in the "search" rather than overload the forum with repeat posts. I doubt anyone got into this with a mentality of "waiting 10 years" for any status.

Anyway the forum and the search option are a wealth of knowledge.

Mr Jay

Veteran
I had only 400 posts when I read this and managed to get my likes up to over 420 in less than a week by casually posting a few pictures of the grows I've done over the past few years. The bar is INSANELY low for entry, You're basically pushing on a door that has a pull sign on it.

FarSide_PushPull_1986.jpg

Mr Jay

Veteran
I get it. So less old ICMAG behavior and more instagram behavior.
I have been posting pictures of Cannabis grows here on ICmag with my buds since before instagram existed, which if I recall is part of the entire point of this place. The bar for entry is so very low, so so low. I didn't even know what this was until I logged in and it was suddenly on my profile. I posted a few pictures on here of the grows I've done since 2020. About five in total, a tiny fraction of what's sitting in my computer, hardly what I'd call influencer attention grabbing.

None of this matters for you until NOV 2015 2025 anyway, that's plenty of time to casually post about your grows and get to know other folks here. But hey, if you really want access to the vet forums before you've passed the ten year limit, you can always gain access by becoming premium member. No matter which direction you want to go with it, the very simple steps are yours to take.

Last edited:

Pactivist

Dear valued IcMag users,
We are excited to announce that members who have been with us for 10 years or longer and posted at least 1000 messages will now receive special benefits as a token of our appreciation for their long-standing support and dedication.

These benefits include access to the Premium VIP subforum, Trading Post and full IcMag archive. It comes with a nice "Veteran" tag on your username. We are now working on setting up those benefits and adding new ones as well.
We want to thank our loyal long-time members for their continued contributions to our community.

If you want to get same benefits and support our forums, you can do so by subscribing to our patreon as a "Premium Supporter" here: https://www.patreon.com/internationalcannagraphic
Don't forget to send us a message with your username on patreon or contact me to upgrade your membership status. We look forward to celebrating and rewarding our most loyal members for their continued commitment to our forum. Thank you for being a part of our community!
Been here since day 1 basically, but not a huge poster. Do I still need to get my count to 1000? Just curious.

sbeanonnamellow

Dear valued IcMag users,
We are excited to announce that members who have been with us for 10 years or longer and posted at least 1000 messages will now receive special benefits as a token of our appreciation for their long-standing support and dedication.

These benefits include access to the Premium VIP subforum, Trading Post and full IcMag archive. It comes with a nice "Veteran" tag on your username. We are now working on setting up those benefits and adding new ones as well.
We want to thank our loyal long-time members for their continued contributions to our community.

If you want to get same benefits and support our forums, you can do so by subscribing to our patreon as a "Premium Supporter" here: https://www.patreon.com/internationalcannagraphic
Don't forget to send us a message with your username on patreon or contact me to upgrade your membership status. We look forward to celebrating and rewarding our most loyal members for their continued commitment to our forum. Thank you for being a part of our community!
I noticed a mention of the Icmag archive, would this include the defunct breeders sub forums like for BOG and Breeders Retail? I was disappointed to see them not publicly available anymore.

Many members like myself have been visiting this website since it's inception but have come and gone under various usernames so don't qualify under the current requirements. I was even once a lifetime subscriber of the site. I think that's the title it used to be. I remember doing it for the privilege of using an animated gif for a profile avatar. Cash sent global express. I hope those archived forums don't stay behind a paywall forever. There is so much shared knowledge and information in them. Many blessings and much love