What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Announcement Introducing Veteran members

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Nothing was changed or hidden regarding the join date. Click your username or other username in a thread and you will find the join date pretty easy. Plus the other details about points.

1000025843.jpg

Regarding user milestones and benefits, we will probably add more things to that in the future.

Ca++

Was it really so long ago
oldforum.jpg

Joe joined March 2010. He seems to be an old hand. There is some sort of traffic light system in place, to explain all I really need to know.

I like the simplicity of that.

I'm perhaps out of touch with today's ratings, having now noticed I'm not just active, but starting to get a sweat on. Another user of 7 years has been downgraded though, so I presumed it was a blanket action.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It was just different software, and diferent times. Now a click to get more info seems to be standard move. Will look if that could be changed in any way. If not we have an ideea for the future on how to make milestones more "visible". And that would help with this stuff you asking about, too.

ost

Nice to see many of the veteran 10 years + still around! We thought 100 posts a year is a good number to judge an active user by. You guys puffed too much and forgot to pump those numbers up!
tend to smoke more than type

marmarb

I lurked as a newb because this forum was well over my head, I treated it as my cannabis encyclopedia when I needed to research something. Plenty of it's still over my head tbfh.. 😉

Learned how to convert an old fridge into a grow space, watched the wall of weed transform over a few seasons, seen beautiful outdoor grows flood.. several times. Read some epic threads over the years.

You could always count on an education from icmag..
Still got Marlo logs in my favorites

Ca++

There is a lot of free knowledge here. Beyond that, we can get get 1 on 1 help, or may even ask for long term mentoring. All for free.
That is absolutely great, and as one of the people often giving advice, I can say it pleases me.

What getting lots of free advice doesn't do, is get you privileges. (This isn't the UK welfare system) You have to earn privileges by adding to the forums, not just taking from them. Although that isn't strictly true. Raising enough questions can enrich the forums with enough answers, to get you there. Or if you can't enrich the forums with decent posts, you can enrich the forums financially.

In all honesty, not everyone will need what is on offer. It's just there for those who truly contribute to making this place better. Access to breeders own forums, who have closed them. Extended search engine results, encompassing the old database. Things that have existed in the years gone by, that are no longer featured. As they are no longer current. The real gem, is the trading post. Though don't expect anything illegal to be going on. There are other perks, but if you are just here with questions about growing, you are already in the right place. If you want to be part of the community though, then a bit more effort is needed, than just showing up.

marmarb

There is a lot of free knowledge here. Beyond that, we can get get 1 on 1 help, or may even ask for long term mentoring. All for free.
That is absolutely great, and as one of the people often giving advice, I can say it pleases me.

What getting lots of free advice doesn't do, is get you privileges. (This isn't the UK welfare system) You have to earn privileges by adding to the forums, not just taking from them. Although that isn't strictly true. Raising enough questions can enrich the forums with enough answers, to get you there. Or if you can't enrich the forums with decent posts, you can enrich the forums financially.

In all honesty, not everyone will need what is on offer. It's just there for those who truly contribute to making this place better. Access to breeders own forums, who have closed them. Extended search engine results, encompassing the old database. Things that have existed in the years gone by, that are no longer featured. As they are no longer current. The real gem, is the trading post. Though don't expect anything illegal to be going on. There are other perks, but if you are just here with questions about growing, you are already in the right place. If you want to be part of the community though, then a bit more effort is needed, than just showing up.
It's thoes old post/journals that hold the gold of yester year.

Latest posts

Latest posts