What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Announcement Introducing Veteran members

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I noticed a mention of the Icmag archive, would this include the defunct breeders sub forums like for BOG and Breeders Retail? I was disappointed to see them not publicly available anymore.

Many members like myself have been visiting this website since it's inception but have come and gone under various usernames so don't qualify under the current requirements. I was even once a lifetime subscriber of the site. I think that's the title it used to be. I remember doing it for the privilege of using an animated gif for a profile avatar. Cash sent global express. I hope those archived forums don't stay behind a paywall forever. There is so much shared knowledge and information in them. Many blessings and much love
Yes, they all in there or they gonna be (we still sorting through the bits that got hidden over the years and freeing them to the archive).
You could try to get back your old account, if you know enaugh details. If you were a lifetime subscriber, it probably wasn't on this username.
The main reason those forums were hidden is not to be made available to veterans and subscribers only, but they were hidden because the respective vendors stopped paying for their subforums. Only 3 or so vendor subforums were public (by mistake, admins didn't manage to hide them when they should have) and we had to put them in same place with the others as to have them all in one place, as to have it tidy and not create confussion with having 2 diferent archives in diferent places. Most forums would have chosen to delete old content, especially when the cost to host it and keep available grows more and more, we decided to keep it available to our older contributing members and those that want to support our forum. Sorry if that is an inconvenience to you, but afterall we are trying to make money to keep this forum going and available for the future. We can't leave paid subforums available for years after they stopped paying, as we are running a bussiness not a charity. And we have a way of rewarding our hardcore users as well, with this. Hope you can understand.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Aww man, I was so bummed to hear about BOG. I really should have stocked up when I had the chance, RIP to an actual magical garden gnome.