What's new

Into The Wild

theclearspot

This was a great film I like films or documentaries about living in the wild, anyone know of any other similar films available, ta....:thank you:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
that was about that kid that went to alaska and lived in school bus right????? sort of sad and he wasnt prepared enough...a 22 is fine but you need a long range rifle with takedown power too....you cant just wander into wilderness and expect to survive ... its quite challenging and like he did most people will fail...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I read that in Nat'l Geographic (I think), before seeing the film. Really sad. You have to be prepared for the worst possible situations, even if they never occur.

Just watching the PBS series...metro families spending a Spring/Summer/Fall in the wilds, cooking, foraging, hunting, wood gathering. Most did not have what it took to sustain long term. And, I think they had little cabins to begin with.

"Man in the Wilderness" Northwest territory excursion gone berserk. A man escapes a grizzly attack and seeks revenge on those who deserted him in the wilderness.

"Into the Wilderness" Christopher graduates from college and decides to head to Alaska. When his car breaks down, he hitchhikes across the United States along the way. This film, which is based on a true story, is partially focused on wilderness survival with a major emphasis on his journey to the wilderness.

"Alive" "Alive" is a true story of a rugby team from Uruguay who crashes into the Andean mountains in a plane. The resulting adventures introduced the survivors to the art of cannibalism.

"The Gods Must Be Crazy" A Coke bottle thrown from a plane becomes "a gift from the gods" to a primitive tribe. Also on the island is a South African teacher, a microbiologist and a group of guerrilla resisters. This is a crazy comedy movie that is remarkably reminiscent of Tom Robbins novels.

"Alone in the Wilderness" This is a documentary about Dick Proenneke, a 60s back-to-the-lander who lived in the wilderness that is now known as Lake Clark National Park. Dick recounts his daily activities in this true wilderness survival movie.

"The Edge" Another plane crash brings a group of men on an Alaskan adventure. The pilot dies and another person is killed by a grizzly bear who stalks the remaining two survivors. The scenes are filled with suspense and mayhem.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
i seen almost all^^^^^.....even peeps with experience have issues at times in the wild.....just reading books makes it seem simple...none of it is..... go try some basic survival shit and see how well you do ... i have recently and its a bitch....making a fire with bow drill was a real pain..... yeehaw