What's new

Interstate Travel & Drug Dogs

stinkyattic said:
I will not travel with more than a couple nugs these days.

only what you can swallow... that's my motto for safe travel. and if you're going to carry more, don't smoke in that car... and spray down with ozium... and.. jsut... don't carry more than you can swallow! haha

edit: oh yeah... I have a cat... and i always keep a couple of his toys in the car, and his paws are visible on the windshield. I've passed checkpoints where the dog barked at my car, but when the officer saw the prints would just wave me through. I wasn't carrying then, so maybe the dog wasn't really indicating a hit... but i prefer never finding out.

you guys that do interstate trips can maybe pack an overnight bag, wrap a present and shit, and take a cat with you.. or a dog, might work just as well. Any hit could be blamed on the pet's odor?

double edit: just remembered, i know for a fact i can eat up to an eighth if caught in a jam, if i have water, about a gram if no water, haha

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
NorCalFor20 said:
i can tap into any cellphone conversation over a cell phone within 2 miles of here. I hear all kinds of deals going down, Bf/Gf's argueing, phone sex- never say anything incriminating over the phone.

How????

GSM is digital, not analogic, thus if you want to listen to someone else you need their digital mapping function....

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can tell you for a fact that what NorCal is saying is spot on true.
I have an associate that installs electrical apparatus for a living. He has a gadget that intercepts cellphone signals. It looks similar to a hand held analog scanner, yet it only keys in on the cell signals. I have no idea how, but he can pick the signal that it has and stay on it, or let it find the next one.
He claims it is very illegal to have and operate. He claims that at least one law enfor. agency locally uses one of them that he knows of, and he feels they all probably do.
I saw (heard) this thing in action so I know it exists.

He claims that he cannot choose a signal, that it is a totally random thing.
And no way to know who's phone you are listening to unless they verbally give it away.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
hoosierdaddy said:
He claims that he cannot choose a signal, that it is a totally random thing.
And no way to know who's phone you are listening to unless they verbally give it away.

Although i know that such things exist, i know also, from what i studied at school, that they can exist just in 2 forms:

A) With the aid of the telco companies: you not join the frequence, you join the network, and you stay behind the radio bridge, so the communication arrives to the radio bridge and after being commuted to the line is broadcasted over the reciver and you.

B) Breaking in realt time the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A5/1

Altough it's possibile, as your friend says, you cannot choose frequence, and it takes a LOT of power and time, like a modern 1000 W desktop computer with the latest tech and terabytes of hard disk. By no means it's possible to do it with a mobile device.

Anyhow the act of listening to a GSM conversation it's illegal, but the hardware isn't, neither the software is, since there are no legal restriction on software, as long as it doesn't break the copyright.

THis is for GSM, for other standard differs: the ancient ETACS can be listened to without much effort, but GPRS/UMTS are far stronger, requiring even more powerful hardware to crack the encryption.

If it's totally random/not connected to an account number or cellphone number, how can it be admissible in court as evidence?

Even more so, how can it be used to charge people not charged with actual crimes but rather, just conspiracy charges?

I refuse to talk on the phone about anything, because local DA's here LOVE filing co-conspirator charges against anyone that even calls someone the day of an operation... Scary shit... But i think maybe they use the person's cellphone and view the last calls...

Last edited:

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
I-10 from Santa Monica, CA to Pensacola, FL has check points and DHS Border Patrol in addition to any kind of local/state LEO's. I use a very simple rule if i have anything on me - i follow the rules of the road. If the speed drops, i drop my speed. I use my turn signals. I watch ahead of me and behind me. Make sure your car is ready to drive - no broken windshields, no busted lights, if your towing something make sure its properly secured.

If you know you dont pay attention while driving then just save yourself some hassle and leave it at home. Things change when you cross state lines and you could end up in jail for having a joint, that simple.

idea

gramsci.antonio said:
THis is for GSM, for other standard differs: the ancient ETACS can be listened to without much effort, but GPRS/UMTS are far stronger, requiring even more powerful hardware to crack the encryption.

what about cdma? does it offer better security than gsm?

either way who talks on the phone about anything interesting? i watched the wire.

Lucky 7

Thanks for all the info people . . . . Google Marijuana; they catch somebody around Lincoln Neb. almost everyday with two to forty to 200 pounds. Troopers have a training center there. So BE Careful!