What's new

Internet Tapping Now Lawful. Read This.

G

I found this article, on internet tapping with a warrant, on digg.com.

The deal is, the law REQUIRES ALL I.S.P.s to install and maintain equipment that makes TAPPING YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION POSSIBLE with a warrant.

REQUIRED BY LAW.

The issue isn't the with/without warrant. The issue is what do you have up on the net?

I think it'll do you guys some good, to read this, think about what it says, and clear your shit.

Am i paranoid? mm yea. Are they still out to get me, you, anybody they can? mmm yea.

So, let everybody know, ok? This is immediately going to be BAD NEWS for freedom.

Here's the digg article: please: go start a digg thinglie so you can digg up and digg down articles, too. There's a lot of pot articles, and you can enter comments.

http://digg.com/tech_news/Tomorrow_the_FBI_will_be_able_to_wiretap_all_internet_users

Here's the actual article, if you don't want to go to digg.com.

http://www.zeropaid.com/news/8758/Tomorrow+the+FBI+will+be+able+to+wiretap+all+internet+users

LISTEN: i read the FCC rules OUTLINE of the statute: the CALEA statute INCLUDES broadband internet traffic. This ISN'T just VOIP telephones.

iT Is YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION.

You have been warned.

Last edited:
G

kingmaker thank you for posting this...couple of q's:

1) i have turned off the referrer feature on my mozilla, can they still track me?

2) would a service such as idzap (www.idzap.com) be sufficient to prevent them from following my web activity?

3) would u mind reposting the article so we don't have to click the link?

thanks!

G

This is tapping. Tapping. They see, what YOU see.

The law is called CALEA: it is a set of standards for i.s.p. providers- it is the legal requirement for them, to HAVE IN PLACE, and READY TO BE USED in event of warrant, the EQUIPMENT: so that LEAs, LawEnforcementAgencies, can TAP your internet connection.

This isn't tracking ip addresses. It's TAPPING. They see what YOU see if it comes or goes, on your internet connection. It's serious business and it means you need to assume that whatever YOU see, over your internet connection, THEY see.

It applies to instant messaging; forum posts, anything that you type. Anything you read. Anything you say over voice. ANYthing.

The article posted above, is from a tech site and the guy there, is going on about file sharing and the RIAA.

Look up CALEA on Google. The CALEA site is on the first page about two or three returns down.

Go down to the Wikipedia entry for CALEA.

The short story here is that the internet services hardware standards organizations, did not include standards for LEO to be able to intercept what comes and goes on your internet connection.

In 1994 the law was passed which laid down the standards but the law was weak.

in 2004 the F.B.I. pushed to make the standards fully mandatory and set the time frame for compliance by the i.s.p.s

Yesterday was the deadline for all i.s.p.s in the U.S. to have that equipment in place.

What this means, is that LEAs are going to be reminded by their management, that since there is mandatory compliance established, no i.s.p.s will be able to simply say "we don't have the means for you to tap."

They now are required by LAW to HAVE IT IN PLACE REGARDLESS. With the deadline LEAs can start suing i.s.p.s for not having it in place.

In extreme cases LEAs such as homeland & f.b.i. have been footing the bills for providing their own tapping equipment. But it's expensive and only the most extreme cases, etc etc.

The deadline for the standard means that now, the i.s.p.s have to foot the bill to have the equipment in place to TAP kids: TAP. THEY see what YOU see if it goes out onto the net.

So: when LEO wants to TAP WHAT YOU SAY & HEAR & READ, they no longer will be (effectively) responsible for rounding up the equipment, and finding the i.p. experts to install it.

They'll just go get a warrant, and HAVE that tap put in place by the i.s.p. itself without the LEA having to do all the technical work.

This is Wiki's page for "Lawful Interception". Go down halfway to "Laws".

This is Wiki's page for "Network Monitoring Interface Card" and is one aspect of what we're talking about here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Monitoring_Interface_Card

What this means is that although Internet Tapping has previously been legal, the means to do it was out of LEA's scope a lot of the time. Now, all the LEO has to do is gain authorization for the tap. They don't have to be able to understand the technical aspects of how to do it, which has held back internet surveillance to a great degree. They just get authorization, and the i.s.p. has NO excuse not to do it FOR THEM.

Which means that INTERNET TAPPING is going to spread out WIDELY from where it is right now: right now it's only the most extreme cases.

With this deadline in place, it means that tapping becomes as easy as a phone tap.

I really dont give a toss about this bs, I strongly believe it is aimed for commercial growers that are already under suspicion but the cops don't have enough evidence to bust them so they get a warrant to tap their internet activity to see if they land themselves in the shit.

This is scaremongering at it's best imo and nothing for small scale growers to worry about.

SEEDYNONO

Veteran
how many people they have monitoring this? sitting watching my screen all day long?

millions of employees? tens of millions?

yeah. that's what i thought.

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
well a proxy site should keep you safe regardless of there "tapping" just make sure you have a bunch out there. firewalls will keep them off your computer its really not all that complicated to get around..... no need to freak out just learn so computer skills.....

Neuronaut

They won't need tens of millions of workers... they have special filters that will automatically bring any questionable material to their attention. IF your not outraged, well, you should be. Nice fucking country.

tngreen

Veteran
this country is starting to scare me more and more with all this big brother watchin goin on.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
teddybud said:
well a proxy site should keep you safe regardless of there "tapping" just make sure you have a bunch out there. firewalls will keep them off your computer its really not all that complicated to get around..... no need to freak out just learn so computer skills.....

I am probably abit wrong on this but.... When you log on to the internet don't you have to go through your ISP to get to the proxy server then to the info you want to view? If this is the case won't they just hit your initial log on, follow your info to the proxy and then still be viewing what you are seeing when it is returned through your proxy to your ISP connection and then to your screen? If wrong and like I said, I probably am, please correct where I am.
In the mean time, here's something for them to look at, hehe.

Last edited:
G

What this spells is the end of an era: the era when, like the 1960s, the LEs had to provide their OWN technicians and equipment in a lot of cases to implement taps.

Toward the end of the 60s law was made just like this one, for the telcos: undetectable, and full integrity taps made possible by the integration into the hardware the telcos used, of circuit design which precluded detection; which ensured others' traffic wouldn't be monitored, and which gave good detection of whatever went on, pertaining to that particular phone number.

The standards are similar in this case. Undetectability; not requiring the telco to store the information; not monitoring anyone other than the subject; and full detection. And, - ease of implementation.

What this means is that over the next few months, inside a year, the old techniques of 'scare busts'- not meant to actually stop the largest traffickers but those who are the meat and potatoes of the pot culture: the small and medium user/grower-

these are going to become more common.

There is more to the matter than weed busted, too. If someone puts up a thread, which hundreds of people visit, in which details of how to grow are given, that's a threat: and indeed constitutes conspiracy.

Previously, these cases were hard to press because of the expense -in expertise and in equipment. As soon as the last round of petitions seeking extension of the timeline are over, ALL ISPs will be charged with making tapping your internet traffic, just as easy and reliable as tapping a phone: and LEAs are going to exploit that, by going on 'conspiracy raid' sweeps.

The end of saying whatever the fuck you want, about whatever the fuck you want, to whomever the fuck you want, confident that it's too expensive to chase you down, has arrived;

and, will be ramping up, shortly.

People who doubt that are simply unable to grasp the meaning of simple words like 'conspiracy' and 'low cost, easy internet tapping'

-and are also unable, for whatever reason, to understand the sheer evil that exists in a motherfucker's heart who would lock an honest citizen into a concrete box for having/extolling/promoting pot- for MONEY. And a retirement pension that doesn't involve that shitty Social Security program in place for the 'regular' people.

If you know what's good for you, then you'll consider just wtf that deadline means.

Not much has changed as far as the lunacy of law enforcement. What's changed, is the ease with which, they can come onto a site like this, determine probable cause, then PROSECUTE that probable cause activity via a warrant.

This means that everything you say should be reviewed with probable cause in mind. Everything you post has been being gone over since the internet began, and you know, and i know, and LEO knows: probable cause is everywhere in a place like this.

It's just been too expensive to do anything about it. That problem has been solved with the widespread foisting of the cost- of implementing the infrastructure -off onto the ISPs. You might have heard about a crazy li'l thing called the Patriot Act: ramped up security is a direct result of the attacks on the World Trade Center.

You'd do well to consider that this isn't going to be instantaneous. As per the norm, the politicos will be staying busy, and trying to time their sweeps so as to have the least negative impact on society's view of them. They have a job and part of that job is tamping down the fires of rebellion; that goes for file sharing, illegal commerce, and conspiracy to grow pot.

Your medical card isn't worth anything to a federal pig. It means nothing. There are a lot of people making a lot of money over-growing med cards. They aren't going to be immune.

There are a lot of people who take great satisfaction, teaching people how to grow. They aren't going to be immune, because when the quantity of weed is a misdemeanor, the conspiracy charges aren't going to be.

Ever heard the term "unindicted co-conspirators?" And they're not going to be so stupid. They're going to pop at least one or two other people with you, so there's no doubt that conspiracy in fact existed.

Think about the internet the way you did years ago when you assumed you could be tracked. Because the implementation of that fact just became written in stone, and it IS going to result in a rash of arrests for people doing nothing more than posting, with others, in such way that conspiracy can be charged.

Federal knob gobblers want it to be illegal for you to THINK. Free thought is the devil to them. Particularly freedom of thought among several. That's called conspiracy. Rebellion. Terrorism.

It'll take awhile before the first rash of sweeps occurs, but you can mark my word, it'll be happening, and a lot of people are going to start vanishing off this, and other sites, never to be found posting again.

Because once you're found guilty of conspiring on the internet, you will be forbidden to USE the internet. Just like a hacker who uses the internet to do his crimes, just like a pedophile who cruises the net to pick up children, just like an online scammer is forbidden to have, or use the internet.

If you think that because YOU have good sense, that means that the parasite government trash who profits-by not having to get a real job- that profits- by punking harmless citizens, instead of fighting real crime, just 'wouldn't dare': then you probably don't need to be in the pot growing hobby anyway.

Things change. And they just did. And, me saying it a dozen times isn't going to make a difference. You're going to have to wait and see for yourself.

My last word about this, is You Have Been Warned. Clean up your probable cause content, and start playing like the internet isn't a free pass to talk and share information with your friends. That free pass just got revoked.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
SEEDYNONO said:
how many people they have monitoring this? sitting watching my screen all day long?

millions of employees? tens of millions?

yeah. that's what i thought.

Hey bro.. those damn computers can SERIOUSLY diminish the need for humans.... UNFORTUNEATLY

Peace
BB

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Did anyone bother asking the question.. when was the last time you heard the FBI bust small time pot growers?

G

Typically i hear about the DEA busting people

In the United States verite we have a Drug Enforcement Agency that handles our small time drug busts, medium level drug busts, and high level drug busts.

Small time drug busts can be often handed off to state DEA for the function of letting the smaller units, handle the smaller busts. This lets the little pedo mustache guys get to play like the big boys in their blue ninja suits.

I know it seems crazy but the FBI doesn't do the drug busts. The Drug Enforcement Agency does.

Last edited:

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
9% of US citizens use weed every year, there are over a million individual pot growers here. Leo will be happy to harvest low hanging fruit if we are so stupid as to show him who and where we are, and to follow any big fish they think they see.

This is a good thread for anyone who had any illusions of security, trust no one, no place, no how.
H

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
The thing about this tapping stuff is that LEO would already have to know who you are in order to proceed with any internet tapping. Think of it like this....you post a thread on IC with pics of your 739 plants. Can the feds do anything? Nope, because they dont know WHO you are. They would have to obtain your IP and its registration info in order to know who your ISP is and then serve them with the warrant to start the tap. Its not like they can just show up and say "hey tap that guy ItsGrowTime on ICMag.com and tell us what he does" (which I do fully expect to become possible at some point though).

Posting to sites such as this that are maintained OUTSIDE of the US LEO's jurisdiction is still relatively safe. Bottom line, they cant start a tap until they know who you are or at least the very least what ISP you are using. And proxies DO help in this instance since the IP recorded in the server's logs will be the proxy's IP, not your real IP. And you should be using proxies based in other countries anyway. Just stay smart about where you visit and post on the net and you will continue to be safe and can ignore this tapping business.