What's new

International CannaGraphic 420 2013 Entry pictures

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
yeah it becomes harder and harder to find any help the more conditions you put on things. had growcodile not been allowed to enter, he'd probably have prefered not to help prepping, same with ojd, and i did want whitnesses to be there that we were all always working together. but i agree totally, in hind sight it was not wise.

OP has suggested using his son and his mates next year to do the prep work. as i really do see what you are saying. but to be fair we had the same situation last year with ChaosCatalunya being there to pack as well as entering, but i suppose the more serious its run the better. for sure there have been many lessons to learn organizing this cup.

Last year I deliberately entered a nice smoke, that I was sure would not win, so there would be no problems. The problem remains, unless we insist on getting prebagged entries and someone neutral [like OPs lads] to help get the JPs together.

We also ran an "average score" system that replaced an average score for any score entered by a judge on their own weed. This year, OP effectively did this himself, others did not. It is still by far the best system as it avoids arguments and nobody is disadvantaged.

Gaius, when I read this in post 1, I did wonder if you truly understood this principle then, or now....

yeah OP, having it so entering judges couldn't score their own at all would probably have been best. i had this idea in my head that every sample would get voted on 32 times and that the points they would lose if they were not allowed to score their own, would be felt deeply in the case of a tie of averages. but as the probability of a tie occurring is like thousands to 1 i figure it will be the way to go next time.

I also think there was some mix up with the entries, the No3 [JH's Cheese] was 100% certainly not Cheese. I checked my notes, was certain that at the time that there were no Cheese entries.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the quoted post was regarding this years rules CC, not last. i know what you did last time and Skip reckoned it was not acceptable for anyone to be able to go in and change scores, which seems sensible to me, he gave the choice of letting judges vote or discarding their votes automatically, as i said already i took the wrong option, would have been better to just disregard entering judges votes. but that still wouldn't stop someone down voting other entries, as it turns out the outlier votes wouldn't have changed a thing in the end results, so they are there for all to see.

funny i had cheese in my entries, even if it wasn't the best cheese i'v smoked.

but yes i think next year the volunteers need to be all people that are not entering and not voting. this is the only way to insure no stupid suspicions. but for sure mistakes were made and a lot was learned by them.

as for the numbers, we always kept the entry in the original labeled bag it came in, so no real way to mix up the numbers. and again that entry from Jah Hoover was prebagged. so no chance of getting it mixed up as all we had to do was add labels.

mack 10

Veteran
There where def cheese samples in my bag. one was nice the other was so harsh it was near unsmokeable, I took a hit then passed it to Mr Haze, Should of seen his face when he took a hit!!! I thought he was going to slap me(for passing him the joint!) whahaha! Sorry Mr H. that was some harsh cheese for sure!
mack.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Yes Gaius, I know what Skip said, and that you went along with it, but I strongly believe that it is wrong and not properly thought out.

Nobody is "changing scores" ... As you pointed out, late arrivals got to fewer judges, so you got less than 32 votes for those... But the system produced an averge score for the missing votes perfectly happily did it not ?

You are right that it does not stop downvotes, nothing can, but the publishing of the scores has shown interesting points of view, as has Skip's Standard Deviation test, shown as highlighting [in yellow] This he told me simply highlighted the vote, but did not replace it with an average score.

Jah will shortly be getting a PM about his bagging :)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
your a funny one, you always complain after the fact, never then when the time for input is at hand, you prefer to spend that time sulking, so you can come in and say i told you so after wards? well fine, i admitted that not everything was perfect, but i do think it was better then last year, which will allow next year to be even better yet. we live and learn. i was very sad to not have your help this year and i think it's churlish of you to complain after the fact when you refused to have anything to do with it once people had decided to divide breeder and grower categories. but to each their own i guess.

H

Hoover_lungz

Yes Gaius, I know what Skip said, and that you went along with it, but I strongly believe that it is wrong and not properly thought out.

Nobody is "changing scores" ... As you pointed out, late arrivals got to fewer judges, so you got less than 32 votes for those... But the system produced an averge score for the missing votes perfectly happily did it not ?

You are right that it does not stop downvotes, nothing can, but the publishing of the scores has shown interesting points of view, as has Skip's Standard Deviation test, shown as highlighting [in yellow] This he told me simply highlighted the vote, but did not replace it with an average score.

Jah will shortly be getting a PM about his bagging :)

You should also contact true coz that 022 was no way triangle kush or did it represent it it anyways??? i know the snake threw in a few grams of chemmy jones to make up the 33g entry! and my proof is my pictures i took of the entries. Im shocked this moron gets away with it lol

Pmd you back bro:)

I checked all buds before packing, I harvest the cheese 3 weeks before 420 and she did not get the 3 week flush but instead got 2 weeks and no time for a proper cure. My intention was to enter original diesel, exodus fuel or my od s1 but did not have 33g, so I entered the cheese. All bags was double checked and sent to dam.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i'm thinking that pic you posted as the 22, was actually the 33 JahHoover mate. as you can see the label is cut off and it could just as easily be a 33. maybe thats why it looks different to other peoples 22?

saluki

ICMag Donor
I would happily volunteer to help out with the preparation. I'd take my time and make sure everything gets labeled and categorized correctly.

I wouldn't consider it a chore in the least :)

buffinski

I read through the results and is quite apparent people were voting tacticaly. Wont name names but one person in this thread put really low marks for a lot of good stuff dont think people entering there own stuff should vote its obvious there going to vote everybody else down. Seems like this seed business is ruthless

buffinski

I see Chemmy Jones mentioned as being used as an additive as though its a a bad strain. Chemmy Jones is now a staple keeper in my room and would warrant being an entry in its own right.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's so great when the newbies come and tell us all how things should be done.

HURRAH for well meaning ignorance!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
what ever man, those of us that were there had a superb time and the results speak for them selves, as can be seen in the score sheet links, most people agreed about the winners, that should tell the story really.

there was a grower category as well as a seed seller category, so yes some entries are just from some member, while others are from seed banks, but in the end they are all judged anonymously. so no one is judging by hype. even in the industry the ic cup is known to be hard to win, as no strain names or breeders names are included, only a sample and the sample number that sample was given.

so i really don't get the negativity. it's a really smokers wet dream of an event, can't be compared to the commercial high times cup at all.

Pragma

Here since 2007 and you're this clueless ?
Breeders set prices and they are the same on other seed banks if not even a bit more expensive, you make it sound like a conspiracy here lol.. no one is forcing you to buy anything.

If you have problems with breeders take it to them, what does it have to do with this thread ? Sounds like you just wanna hate or demonstrate your spectacularly big chip.

As for tactical voting, you can't stop people from doing what they do, but you can put the results public for all to see. Can't really ask more than that ? If you attended and smoked you'll know for yourself what was the best and that's what counts anyway.

Enjoy the hating. We'll enjoy the event.
:wave:

pappy masonjar

Veteran
its simply about trust. That´s all. You know, the censorship in the main breeders forums and deletion of accounts that disagree with "the system" around here. - Taking that into account I could never see an IC Mag Cup as being a fair competition. Its a personal opinion, but based on how this place is run. So its not about negativity, its about trust.

I really appreciate that this website is a melting pot of all things pot, but you cannot negate the business impact on all things here. The ads, the placements, the fundraisers. How can it be otherwise with the cups?

How are they supposed to stay in buisness? Pay outta their pockets? Of corse there's ads and fundraisers. They didnt want the site to rely on seed sales, and gypsy was puttin money out of his pocket. So i dont know how your mad about that. You do after all get to benefit (free of charge) from the "most vibrant forum out there". (your words, but i agree).

About the censorship. weak. But it's certainly far and away better than having nothin but trolls on the site. Like that rollitup garbage ass place. I guess nothing is perfect, right?:2cents:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
so now the cup was rigged eh? LMAO.....nice to see your true colors shinning through. you obviously have no idea how this cup was even done, otherwise you wouldn't be spouting such insulting bs. not sure what you are doing here if you have such a low opinion of this site. in fact i'm surprised you haven't been shown the door before now, let me know if i can help with that. it would be no problem at all, LOL.

no judge pack ever for JazzMatazz thats for sure, hehe.

Pragma

Love how he wants people to send in their judge packs, pay a thousand or two euroes in travel&expenses, and then go and sit on their asses and watch other people smoke judge packs ?
And then he tells each person how he thinks they should judge weed ?

Let me know when you make a great event like that bro, so I can avoid it.
:wave:

Also, I've had disagreements and gave bad reviews to quite a few big breeders around here and I never got banned (before I changed my nick). Wonder why ? Maybe because I have the decency to word it politely and not look like a huge phallus ?

I've had some thank me for honest reviews as a matter of fact, but w/e, no point in arguing since you have it all figured out :biggrin: not the thread to do it anyway, soz peeps.