What's new

Interesting gems from work or life experience that most people don't know

Could be a fun thread. I'll start:

Pharma factoids:

Percent of candidate compounds/medications that fail to make it to market: 98%

Average cost of each failed compound: $100 million

The animal neck snapper we have at work breaks the animals neck using a 2 tons of pressure. It's like a big hole puncher for animals. If you like rabbits, dogs, or monkeys, don't get a job at R&D in a pharma company.

Pharma companies are legally allowed to purchase cocaine. It comes from government growers, and is kept in locked, guarded compounds. And we're not talking "Some office building with a dead-bolted room". It's a reinforced concrete structure, with a single entrance, with 2 front room guards armed with hand guns, then beyond a bullet proof glass door 2 more fully armed guards with bulletproof armor and full on assault weapons. Any pain medication you see that ends in "-aine" (Sensorcaine, Xylocaine, etc) are all derived from cocaine.

Frozenguy

Veteran
There is like 2200 Calories in one slice of chocolate cake from Claim Jumper.

Oh and 145[g] of fat in the full size black tie pasta.

Oh and 50 [g] of fat in one slice of garlic cheese toast.. ooohhhh godd that stuff is good (hot and made right).

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Pharmacutical coke is a real fine clean high, I only got to try it once. Glad it is locked up.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Pharmacutical coke is a real fine clean high, I only got to try it once. Glad it is locked up.

Most classic unadulterated drugs tended to be that way before prohibition.

The System controls and hides WHAT works!

Glad I can grow these girls at home.