What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Interesting, different effects.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think Original Haze would work for you. Snowhigh has some Mexican lines that are good, not sure if you are in US or he mails outside of US. Original Haze is good as it has no comedown, no lethargy. I guess if you smoked enough you could get into some drugged feeling.

I assume Oldtimer's Haze is similar but have not grown it, but do have some seeds. The old Mexican lines might have you wanting a siesta after but do not have a hard crash.

First Lady had no crash or fuzziness. C99 and Island Sweet Skunk at lower doses have no crash. Some C99 do lean indica.

G

I think Original Haze would work for you. Snowhigh has some Mexican lines that are good, not sure if you are in US or he mails outside of US. Original Haze is good as it has no comedown, no lethargy. I guess if you smoked enough you could get into some drugged feeling.

I assume Oldtimer's Haze is similar but have not grown it, but do have some seeds. The old Mexican lines might have you wanting a siesta after but do not have a hard crash.

First Lady had no crash or fuzziness. C99 and Island Sweet Skunk at lower doses have no crash. Some C99 do lean indica.

I have First Lady and Queen mother on my to do list hehe.
I would like to try hazes but growing outdoors isn't a possibility at the moment and I don't trust my skills or patience to have them finish indoors. I am moving soon though, the house we are eyeing should allow me to have a couple plants in the backyard go unnoticed. I am in 40N so I think I may be able to finish them properly.

romanoweed

do you search more something, where you still can smoke and do daily active routines , or smomething wich you smoke and the atmosphere changes, like schubidoo fly away up, up up?

the khmer gold is probably rather on the daily routine side, rather

G

do you search more something, where you still can smoke and do daily active routines , or smomething wich you smoke and the atmosphere changes, like schubidoo fly away up, up up?

the khmer gold is probably rather on the daily routine side, rather

I would say the first one. I would like to have a couple of joint while I work. Somehting coffee-like I guesS? :D

Every strain I grow makes it difficult to concentrate haha

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First Lady was like a cup of coffee to me. I grow hazes indoors, stretchy heirloom sativas. I keep the light close and blue or white, no hps, high Kelvin light. I bend them at one or two or three places until they are the height I want.

They grow sideways somewhat or in a curl like a c shape. Never over 24 inches tall. It is easy but you have to do it often and thru flower. Pinch and bend when they are full of water not dried out. Start it when they are in veg if they get too tall before flower. My current grow is 20 inches tall for the Chellakutti, which are a pure sativa heirloom from India. They stretch a lot but still 20 inches tall. They are going sideways quite a bit.

G

First Lady was like a cup of coffee to me. I grow hazes indoors, stretchy heirloom sativas. I keep the light close and blue or white, no hps, high Kelvin light. I bend them at one or two or three places until they are the height I want.

They grow sideways somewhat or in a curl like a c shape. Never over 24 inches tall. It is easy but you have to do it often and thru flower. Pinch and bend when they are full of water not dried out. Start it when they are in veg if they get too tall before flower.

Thanks for the advice! I will definitely grow haze sooner or later. I ordered 7 old-timers haze as a freebie from ace to force myself to grow them haha

What about pot size to keep them small. And do you clone them and then flower the clones? Or the seed plants?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use small pots just because I have limited space and many plants. If having more space and less plants they would be in bigger pots. I do flower clones sometimes or try to. I also reveg them. Nothing to be afraid of at all is what I am saying.

G

I use small pots just because I have limited space and many plants. If having more space and less plants they would be in bigger pots. I do flower clones sometimes or try to. I also reveg them. Nothing to be afraid of at all is what I am saying.

Of course a little afraid but it's exciting haha. Just a big step up from growing 10 weekers.

RenaissanceBrah

Hi all,

What are your favorite effects, and what kind of genetics do you associate to them?

I'm still a bit of a noob, been smoking about 2 years, but I've also been on the search for sativas with the effects your looking for (more "friendly" sativas... amigables).

I used to hate weed (first tried it in a ex-communist block country where it was probably laced with other drugs... was a bad experience, and then in the US just trying weed here and there, but it was always indica stuff, and I'm not a fan of feeling sleepy / stupified).

Recently in Mexico I tried some on a whim and really liked it... it was an unknown strain but it made me realize there's better stuff out there.

In terms of the effects your looking for... you might want to try the Jack Herer crosses (Candy Jack, Galactic Jack are ones I've tried and I really liked... fun strains that were clear headed, functional, yet still very fun). Jack Herer by itself it perhaps a bit too racy for me, but the crosses I really liked.

I've grown out "PuTang" from Mass Medicinal Strains, it was also a really positive, uplifting and fun high. Though if your looking for something more pure, I would say try to grow out some Mexican landraces. Michoacan, Highland Guerrero (which is supposedly the least trippy and most "friendly" Mexican landrace)... Acapulco Gold is legendary, might be up your alley.

Snowhigh seems to be a good source for Mexican landraces, you can hit him up on IG for a full pricelist. I asked him something very similar and he recommended the Zacatecas Purple P2 x Michoacan, Panama Red, Mexican Punta Roja, Black Congolese IX, Acapulco Gold (Purple Stem bx and Double Acapulco Gold), Oaxaca 74 Punta Cometa, and Panama Red.

Saludos amigo, vivi un rato en Espana, me encanto. Buenas cosechas :tree:

RenaissanceBrah

I was talking to a breeder friend in the Jalisco area, and he was saying that the "Jalisco" strain is really just Island Sweet Skunk that got acclimatized.

In Jalisco I smoked their "Huentitan", which I suspect could have been ISS. Good stuff... really "friendly" effect, fun, no negatives.

If it's the same stuff I can definitely vouch for the ISS, I really liked it.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I got a Jalisco strain from Eskobar and it was a nice friendly type of high, balanced. The Island Sweet Skunk I grew was not the same. It was all sativa and up up and away. Lots of different strains in each state of Mexico.

RenaissanceBrah

^^ I got a Jalisco strain from Eskobar and it was a nice friendly type of high, balanced. The Island Sweet Skunk I grew was not the same. It was all sativa and up up and away. Lots of different strains in each state of Mexico.

True, I lived in Jalisco for 3 years (going to head back soon actually), and I couldn't find any landraces there, I know a lot of people there that smoke, and some that grow.

Thanks for the comparison to the ISS, maybe I really did smoke actual Jalisco... they called it "Huentitan", but that's just where they grew it (it's a canyon / forest area in Jalisco).

It's really hard to find the landraces down there, most growers go for yield... even the breeder guy I knew that grew tons of plants and sells seeds told me real Acapulco Gold is impossible to find. I was stoked when I got back stateside and discovered Snowhigh and others. I'm always curious how people find their landrace contacts down there.

F2F

Mango Haze - GREAT daytime. :D uplifting, blissful. makes you smile, love, and “do”.

Peace
F2F

romanoweed

from my assumed smoking of southamerican-columbian long ago and SE asian, the southamerican i call more like a wild party feeling/or caroussel , the SE Asian i could call a spiritual Trip.
BUT i want to point out that Columbian is not like a overdriven party-Feeling, its exotic aloah feel. Aswell SE Asian is not like a spiritual Lesson, its very popular kitschy or Merlinweed.

Thats why i not use those Therms wild Party/Spiritual to describe often. But i could use them with the right corrections like i did. And only for to give you a map to navigate yourselve, as these two are of the very clear mind Type. Middle African actually too, but i did nerver get a Affrican.

Having said that i tend to map Southindian Effect abit more to the SE Asian Effect , anyway, thats cause i think you would like :
Kerala - Ace Seeds

When you say you want giggly weed, then i think the giggles comes from the change of reality. and then i think of SE Asians, but if you want to work whilst it, then the problem could be not that SE Asian high is ultra clear, rather that the experience incooperates you so strong, that at times you are very consumed in some moments with whatching what happens , like :
what i just saw ,
how do i feel special right now,

that simply consumes time, and you are actually doing things whilst watching your inner movie, but not dont do necessarly the right decisions.. and sometimes you also really dont do things while it happens, while that you possibly wander around like in aliceland

if you find the right SE asian, i bet there are also soft lines from that region, wich dont go so deep, but SE asian so rare, i mean old lines, wich are the ones i talk .

the khmer gold is probably still a bit to involving also just a bit not kind (anxietyfree) enough, but again too few on market.

you probably would love the Da We Dalat (Vietnam) wich is possibly also too involving, but somehow kind anxietyfree.

That was my guide to giggles , from the fragments i know of old golden landraces.
mexican can also be that giggle weed i heard. wich one resonates more, i dont know, exotic middleamerican, merlin SE Asian..

and the kerala is more the save and easy vague bet. but prob not like a perfect fit.

romanoweed

A last Thing: some People cant take that uphigh. Some who say they feel negative Sideeffects are often searching a good Landrace high. thats true for all of them. Good old Landrace

but from wich region differs alot, and is pretty divided.. There is basically one Type like me who search that uphigh/ Ok and then there is a Type wich search something with some bit of Cbd in it. Not like fullon Indica high, no: a soft tamed damped Landrace high. Tamed but not couchlocked you will be nicely active on it, and call it : enhanced happy

that type Landrace comes from himalayan, northafrican, middle east region like turkish or usbekistan or lebanese, also south/middleamerican if not mistacken.

And that pure uphigh you find in Sout/middleamerica, SE Asia, and Middleafrica
so, i dont know wich type you are, you will find out

(and when i mentioned soft SE Asians in previos post, it was rather adressed to those uphigh Persons, wich search something for daily routine, something bit more what you smoke besides while getting things done. JUST see all what i said separate, and decide wich Things resonate with you)

Last edited:

Popey

Veteran
Magoluci, if you are looking for a strain that will allow you not to destroy you and you will be able to smoke it during the day, I recommend the Congo strain from Ace Seeds. Another plus is the length of flowering - you will not have to wait 14-18 weeks. like on landraces.

Last edited:
G

Magoluci, if you are looking for a strain that will allow you not to destroy you and you will be able to smoke it during the day, I recommend the Congo strain from Ace Seeds. Another plus is the length of flowering - you will not have to wait 14-18 weeks. like on landraces.

That's great news because I have one of them going at the moment :)
Along with kali china, thai chi, orient express, tikal and nepal jam.

How much of a comedown compared to other strains?

Popey

Veteran
.How much of a comedown compared to other strains?

After such strains as for example: Jack Herrer, WW, Amnesia Haze, Wild Thailand (I prefer sativa), etc. I feel a chase of thoughts, anxiety and a rapid heartbeat.

However, after smoking Congo, I have never had such negative symptoms. Also, the high is very cheerful and doesn't make me lazy like an indica.

I believe I just have a "weaker head" to smoke, and so do you and many others. But because I don't want to quit smoking, I choose strains that are less potent (Congo and others) and then I have fun.

G

After such strains as for example: Jack Herrer, WW, Amnesia Haze, Wild Thailand (I prefer sativa), etc. I feel a chase of thoughts, anxiety and a rapid heartbeat.

However, after smoking Congo, I have never had such negative symptoms. Also, the high is very cheerful and doesn't make me lazy like an indica.

I believe I just have a "weaker head" to smoke, and so do you and many others. But because I don't want to quit smoking, I choose strains that are less potent (Congo and others) and then I have fun.

Yes I can definitely relate to this post. Looking forward to trying the Congo.