What's new

Integrated Pest Management - is it just for chem heads?

mad librettist

Veteran
Journeyman that's an awesome concept and I've seen that on TV so it must be true!

Some plants also signal to predators for help. That you can find on youtube.

Do you think a mimic pheromone would be a pesticide? semantically interesting, eh?

J

*Journeyman*

Some plants also signal to predators for help.
Yeah I did read that a plant, I think corn, emits a certain chemical when attacked by a certain pest, caterpillar maybe, that attracts a predatory wasp to come clean up the mess...lol.

Gotta fly!

mad librettist

Veteran
Also interesting... There is a fungal disease in corn that covers the ears in a black fungus. In America, we control it and discard it. In mexico, it is an expensive delicacy.

Which culture has the better relationship to corn?

DARC MIND

Veteran
beneficials

beneficials

was out in the garden today and i found this little dude.

i remember back in the day, when id spot these guys i crushed them, thinking they were eating my plants. i found this guy walking around on my walk way, i remember it being a good guy so i swooped it up and took him to some plants that were infested. instantly this little dude showed his true colors and took out several aphids. i got my camera and tried to get some good shots, after this dude devoured one he would start to chomp on another after another after..........
any way i thought these pictures might be entertaining for the organic IPM heads.so wish i had a better cam like Jay or others here..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here he is either showing off to the camera or trying to swallow the little guy whole
picture.php

for those who wonder what it is, well it comes from these dudes
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

was able to get a nice amount of lady beatles for free from the woods, then i was able to have them mate and lay eggs on some of my insectory plants.

the insectory plants help alot, i also have lots of other beneficials breeding in my garden thanks to not using harmfull pesticides.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

also had a hornet devour a hornworm in front of me, took him maybe 2 minutes to eat a worm the size of him self. i was too much in aww to go and get my cam. amazing things going on in my garden...well thats it, hope you enjoy, see yea guys im blown:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts