What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inside Out Trees, Silo Op, custom RDWC, water cooled

Ttystikk

The canopy is filing in, the buds are thickening and I need to get in there and clean the larfy crap off the back sides of the trellis. Oh yeah; they drank over 50 gallons of nutrient in 4 days.

cyat

Veteran
How is that possible? Organic teas??

Mine stays super stable always 5.2 to 6.0 tops

Good thread ttystikk

:lurk:

i use tap... prob have to ph if using ro water, i guess

i remember heath telling me that he doesnt adjust ph

i dont change my res in hydro either

plants are healthy and dank

Ttystikk

i use tap... prob have to ph if using ro water, i guess

i remember heath telling me that he doesnt adjust ph

i dont change my res in hydro either

plants are healthy and dank

I use tap water here, because the city water comes out at pH 7.1 @ .05 EC (that is not a typo) and 48F most of the winter. FUCKING PARADISE. I pH and maintain balance, I drain, flush and refill with fresh solution every two weeks.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I use tap water here, because the city water comes out at pH 7.1 @ .05 EC (that is not a typo) and 48F most of the winter. FUCKING PARADISE. I pH and maintain balance, I drain, flush and refill with fresh solution every two weeks.
I have to admit to being a Dummy. I've only ran once in pure water.

I did check PH a couple of times.... had to/did raise it. Didn't change water except between grow and bloom, and Zero idea what the EC is other than I'm on Denver Water. Don't know how much Denver water changes from city to burbs, but I'm outlying burbs.

The growth was impressive, but what made it even better was that the bloom time was shortened by 2 weeks, compared to a plant in dirt (same mother). Guess I'm just lucky. lol

Ttystikk

I have to admit to being a Dummy. I've only ran once in pure water.

I did check PH a couple of times.... had to/did raise it. Didn't change water except between grow and bloom, and Zero idea what the EC is other than I'm on Denver Water. Don't know how much Denver water changes from city to burbs, but I'm outlying burbs.

The growth was impressive, but what made it even better was that the bloom time was shortened by 2 weeks, compared to a plant in dirt (same mother). Guess I'm just lucky. lol

Stronger nutes speed maturation.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
My well water is 8.5 ph and anywhere from 400-750 ppm depending on time of year.

Causes instant lock out in plants it seems like.

Dankstang

My well water is 8.5 ph and anywhere from 400-750 ppm depending on time of year.

Causes instant lock out in plants it seems like.

I have to run RO water because I have to use a ton of acid just to get it low enough on the PH scale to use.

Ditto. Water changes in summer, more sulphur smell
Bought the big jugs of AN down. No bueno!
Had lockouts...soil tests and all

This year going ro with outdoor.
Dam shame to waste water but now I can push em harder :biggrin:

Ttystikk

Ditto. Water changes in summer, more sulphur smell
Bought the big jugs of AN down. No bueno!
Had lockouts...soil tests and all

This year going ro with outdoor.
Dam shame to waste water but now I can push em harder :biggrin:

Don't need to waste the excess waste stream from ro water; it works fine for the lawn, etc.

But you gotta do what must be done to get suitable water quality for a high intensity grow.

Ttystikk

A few quick snaps of the recent crop;

Attachments

• 20140410_193231.jpg
    20140410_193231.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20140410_160704.jpg
    20140410_160704.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140410_154600.jpg
    20140410_154600.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140410_193436.jpg
    20140410_193436.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 12

Ttystikk

So with the help of friendly hands, I've reconfigured this room from single bulb/2 panel 4'x4' silos times three, to two Super Silos with two bulbs and four of the same 25 ft² trellis panels.

That's 200 ft² of growing area lit by just four thouies. From recent experience, it's pretty clear that the old sealed and vented hoods simply weren't very effective at shedding heat- and of course as a light fixture for growing, they're an efficiency disaster. In other words, the anticipated need for more cooling to 'compensate' has yet to materialize. Maybe this summer.

Because these silos are taller, it's become evident that my veg tent is not measuring up to the job of growing taller girls. I have the thought of vegging them on the trellis for a week before flip, just to give them time to fill in the space.

I'm going to have to have a hard look at each part of my veg in order to deliver big, healthy plants to these monster silos. On the other hand as problems go, I'm thinking it's not so bad. Could be worse.