What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Inside DrBud's Lab every 48 hours W/Pics**

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackfoot said:
Hey, Cool man! About how tall are they? look around a foot at least maybe 16". your gonna have me making another box so I can get mine to stretch like that:D

Lights are off right now but I will take a tape to them tonite for ya'...I'd say 14"

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
grapepunched said:
still checking out this awesome thread!
thanks doc and mrs! peace!
oh yeah, one of you can shoot me a pm now if ya want,,,

-gp

Thanks for stopping ..... :wave:
and we will get that PM out to ya asap.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Thundurkel said:
Hey Doc I have a lighting question for my new cab which of course I have copied your 72 plant cab on a littler scale.. My flower cab measurements are 28"T 26"W 14.5"D so what I want to know is how many 42 watters would you put in that space??

I would think 5 x 42 would work well if ya can keep it cool

Thundurkel said:
Also my buddy tells me it's horrible to reveg a plant and that it will cause hermies down the line and messes up it's traits is this true?

False ....very False.....a reveged plant has MANY advantages.
1) already established root system. Just waiting to "Go back to work"
2) Speed of return to 12/12
3)Hermie's are stress/ related....or inherent traits (ie Strong Thai genes)

I have PUSHED this Hard trying to make bad things happen and I have created some scary situations.....and once the plant gets back in "Favorable Conditions"....all returns to Normal

I have run a Chesaw thru 5 times(in the same 16ozs of soil mix) and then made a Mother plant out of it.
If your Friend has had problems with reveg....it was Human caused...don't blame the plant....look towards "Operator Error"

Thundurkel said:
We argue all the time about growing cause he's a HID guy and thinks a cab with a few t5's is better to veg with instead of a cab full of daylight cfl's like I use so I was curious what you thought about t5's vs CFL I think CFL's are a better buy cuz they are cheaper and give more points of light cuz we were gonna build a mother cab using 4 2ft 24w t5's costing $22 and they only put out 2000 lumens and it's stretched out across 2ft so I was saying wouldn't it be more logical to use 8 26w daylight cfl's in Y sockets for the same price? Also wouldn't the light be more intense coming from those points since they aren't stretched out?? A lot of questions I know but I look at you as my mentor for now cuz everything I've got from you has given me great results so I'm trying to soak in all I can and thanks in advance...

T5's are great.....But what about replacement costs? CFL's are under warranty for 9 years from date of purchase.
T5's run cooler.
But CFL's allow you to "Tailor" the lite for the situation
you can have anywhere from 9-42 watts of lite per cleat
they both have their good points.
But for me Cost over the long run is what sells me on the CFL's

Thundurkel said:
I'm jealous as hell of those 6 girls by the way I'm dying to find my sweet spots

Bro ...you are Sooooo on you way to success

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
G0d5hand said:
I too have a question for you dr and maybe others know as well. I noticed on the package for the 42 watt cfls that they say not to use a timer because sometimes timers use dimmer switches and this could have negative effects ( what I dont know?) so I was wondering if you guys knew a good timer to use or if you care about this warning? Thanks by the way dr. I have been lurking in your threads and also a few of your followers (Like thundurkel and blackfoot) and I am currently building a cab like yours but smaller.

If they knew about me their would prolly be a (WARNING: Don't put 10 of these in a 5 sq ft box and shut the door) you could burn yer house down.....lol
CFL's run fine on just about any timer....just don't buy something to fancy

G0d5hand

deal. thanks for your reply. Dont know if you mind me asking some more questions. I am bout to start construction on my box ( i have a old cabinat)and have two plants from seed about 5 inches tall and was wondering would you just throw them into 12/12 first to find the sex or would you clone them both to gain more plants? Also for one of your boxes what do you have pulling air out? Thank you yet again for your help.

blackone

Veteran
Your plants have a nice stretch, seems like you nailed it pretty good.
I would love to see the rest of the cab again- the other plants in there were starting to build some early buds, it would be nice to see how they look now.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Thundurkel said:
Also my buddy tells me it's horrible to reveg a plant and that it will cause hermies down the line and messes up it's traits is this true??

Your buddy don't know diddly. and DAT'S A FACT.

My buddy grows floros and I and I am a dyed in the wool HPS user. Both of us do ok and our plants are pretty happy. Who's right?

We are.

Keep your buddy around, but tell him your going to get some Bull Shit repelent if he keeps spreading false wivestales. :muahaha:

oh,, keep doing what your doing!

Last edited:

G0d5hand

Depends on what you want. If you go to homedepot you can find bulbs. I found the philips 42 wat there for like 15 dollars. For more info look at Dr.bud posts and other thread there is much information in there.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackone said:
Your plants have a nice stretch, seems like you nailed it pretty good.
I would love to see the rest of the cab again- the other plants in there were starting to build some early buds, it would be nice to see how they look now.

See that ....someone asks nicely....and ya' git what ya ask for

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Doc - they look really long and thin - but healthy and happy. I'd tend to think it's a genetic trait - but beware,, when the flowering stretch kicks in - you will need to tye them down or raise the roof. (exageration - kinda)

folage looks great, plants look happy - kick in the warp drive and let them cruise.

Might want to trim a bottom branch or two and see if you can get them to root.

Can you say clone?

read your post - sounds lik,e you know about stretch ; carry on,,, - now the fun begins.

I gotta show my buddy your cabby, ya did good! :muahaha:

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
RockyMountainHi said:
Doc - they look really long and thin - but healthy and happy. I'd tend to think it's a genetic trait - but beware,, when the flowering stretch kicks in - you will need to tye them down or raise the roof. (exageration - kinda)

folage looks great, plants look happy - kick in the warp drive and let them cruise.

Might want to trim a bottom branch or two and see if you can get them to root.

Can you say clone?

read your post - sounds lik,e you know about stretch ; carry on,,, - now the fun begins.

I gotta show my buddy your cabby, ya did good! :muahaha:

R U new here? :confused:
These cuts will not finish much taller than they are maybe 2" taller if that...now they will begin the fill in stage.....none of these strains are new to the SOG cab....they will require no "Tying down or Raising of the roof"
The secret is Control over staggered start height...so all different strains finish at the same canopy height

Why would I take clones of what is flowering? I have an established Mother of each of the 18 strains :canabis: I have Current SOG data on....and many more being tested.....this is not a new set-up Nor am I a new Grower....I've been playin w/MJ since 1978 .....Thanks for stopping by..... :wave:

Last edited:

kii

Hey Doc just wanted to say your past and present grows look amazing.
Thank you for providing so much information for not only me but the
others that are new to growing :D

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
RockyMountainHi said:
Your buddy don't know diddly. and DAT'S A FACT.

My buddy grows floros and I and I am a dyed in the wool HPS user. Both of us do ok and our plants are pretty happy. Who's right?

We are.

Keep your buddy around, but tell him your going to get some Bull Shit repelent if he keeps spreading false wivestales. :muahaha:

oh,, keep doing what your doing!

Well thanks but DrBud already answered that a few post's back and what are you trying to tell me? I really didn't get any facts out of what you said and I'm not being a dick either just wondering what the point of that post was? What are these pics? Is this a reveg? and the comment on HPS and Fluoro use I don't get either what do you mean you both are right?

By the way DrBud doesn't need tips and this thread was started to show all the haters that his method works great with all strains when dialed in and you can grow great quality nugs as good as HID with no contact with grow shops.... :rasta:

Danksta408

Lookin' good Doc...........Where do use for your "cleats"??.........And where could I buy some because I'm using keyless light fixtures........They work, but those cleats look like they would use less space..........Keep up the good work