What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Inside DrBud's Lab every 48 hours W/Pics**

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
XFieldofDreamsX said:
So Dr BG what do you expect for yield from each plant in your setup?

This system produces anywhere from 5-21 grams dried from each from each "Plantlet", My System is not new or "Untested" it works quite well to produce a constant Supply of Canna Products for myself and my wife.
We Comsume a Large amount per week, We smoke ,Eat ,and Drink Canna everyday....it's part of our life

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackone said:
The high number of lights has another advantage - it actually increases "penetration" of the light in at least 2 ways:
1. Most leaves/buds that would otherwise be shaded out will probably be illuminated directly by one or more lights.

You are 100% correct

2. "The inverse square law" changes as the number of lights go up... If the grow area is large enough (actually infinitely large, hehe but let's forget about that for now...) then it doesn't matter at all what the distance to the lights are... You can emulate a very large multi-highbay light grow on a smaller scale.

Ding....Ding.....Ding......Blackone WINs the prize he has fiqured out the "Secret"
of my Method....you got it Buddy...."Light Saturation" in a given space.
The Inverse Square law....Is why a plant can start out 12's from a light inside one of my cabs and be just fine.....I put them a lil' closer Just to control stretch at first....so I don't need to bend them over

3. (speculative) Plants receiving the light from all sides might translate into fewer chlorophyl molecules getting hit by a photon while they're still busy taking care of the last one... photosynthesis isn't an instantaneous process.
:jump:

G. Sensi

Thank you Blackone,

You can probably see I was askin Doc about that the other day...

Both of your explanations make perfect sense!

Blessings

-G

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Day 13 Update

Day 13 Update

Hello and Welcome to day 13 of our lil' photo show.

Plant #1 is a LadyG1 x Casey Jones

Plant #2 is also a LadyG1 x Casey Jones

Plant #3 is a LadyG1 x Sour Diesel IBL

Plant #4 is a Geisha #3

Plant #5 is also a Geisha #3

Plant #6 is also a Geisha #3

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
blackfoot said:
Nice man, They look lanky as hell I never would have thunk it. I can hardly wait to see how they much they swell for you. Good luck with your outdoor I hope y'all get dry weather from now until harvest. What strain is that? Is it in the strain or are you getting cold nights already "purple"? peace

Thundurkel said:
What strain is that in the back yard???

Gentlemen that is a Chesaw Outdoors....she starts to turn like that later in the flowering cycle even inside...a lil' one next to her is 2 weeks behind and is all green

one other thing about the cfl's the higher the watts you go the lower/watt lumen you get

looks great i love colors all i get so far is green and yellow

Last edited:

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
About that Chesaw..I have a outdoor bagseed that looks remarkably similar to that, with the the coloring and all, I just thought it was some weird deficiency or something. Wish I had pics, will definitely take some if she's still alive next weekend. Checking the indoors, the plants look alot taller than I've see you grow in the past, looks great! I'll be lurking :)

S

split kooks

YEAH HOW WAS THAT RAIN!?!
It poured over here yesterday evenin into the late night, soo stoked for the lower temps heh ^^

Lookin rad! Were on the exact same schedule, stoked...
rock on

sk

phrank

kudos

kudos

Someone once said that the essence of cool is making something out of nothing. By that standard, the good Doctor has to be one of the coolest cats around! I am astounded by the productivity derived from such relatively small spaces. Great yields, many mothers held, large numbers of clones produced, and numerous strains tested! Dude, you got it going on!

Hey Doc, I hope you don't mind a few questions.

Why don't you mount your lights at the center of the ceiling?
Do you think that CFL produces as fine a flower as HIDs?

peace out,

phrank

Last edited:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
phrank said:
Someone once said that the essence of cool is making something out of nothing. By that standard, the good Doctor has to be one of the coolest cats around! I am astounded by the productivity derived from such relatively small spaces. Great yields, many mothers held, large numbers of clones produced, and numerous strains tested! Dude, you got it going on!

Hey Doc, I hope you don't mind a few questions.

Why don't you mount your lights at the center of the ceiling?
Do you think that CFL produces as fine a flower as HIDs?

peace out,

phrank

Thanks Man...
I have mounted lites in the middle B4....those were the first ones I tried eliminating in the testing and saw no loss of flowers or size....But a Big temp drop (about 7 degrees)...so now I just have them around the outside facing in.

Yes CFL's produce as fine a flower as an HID....end result is up to the Grower to make the Gurls as Happy as Possible

G

grapepunched

still checking out this awesome thread!
thanks doc and mrs! peace!
oh yeah, one of you can shoot me a pm now if ya want,,,

-gp

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hey Doc I have a lighting question for my new cab which of course I have copied your 72 plant cab on a littler scale.. My flower cab measurements are 28"T 26"W 14.5"D so what I want to know is how many 42 watters would you put in that space?? Also my buddy tells me it's horrible to reveg a plant and that it will cause hermies down the line and messes up it's traits is this true?? We argue all the time about growing cause he's a HID guy and thinks a cab with a few t5's is better to veg with instead of a cab full of daylight cfl's like I use so I was curious what you thought about t5's vs CFL I think CFL's are a better buy cuz they are cheaper and give more points of light cuz we were gonna build a mother cab using 4 2ft 24w t5's costing $22 and they only put out 2000 lumens and it's stretched out across 2ft so I was saying wouldn't it be more logical to use 8 26w daylight cfl's in Y sockets for the same price? Also wouldn't the light be more intense coming from those points since they aren't stretched out?? A lot of questions I know but I look at you as my mentor for now cuz everything I've got from you has given me great results so I'm trying to soak in all I can and thanks in advance...

I'm jealous as hell of those 6 girls by the way I'm dying to find my sweet spots

G0d5hand

I too have a question for you dr and maybe others know as well. I noticed on the package for the 42 watt cfls that they say not to use a timer because sometimes timers use dimmer switches and this could have negative effects ( what I dont know?) so I was wondering if you guys knew a good timer to use or if you care about this warning? Thanks by the way dr. I have been lurking in your threads and also a few of your followers (Like thundurkel and blackfoot) and I am currently building a cab like yours but smaller.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
dragonborn said:
sweet looking , liking your new tea better then the Shultz ? looks like the ladies are enjoying it..

It is a lil' more trouble...than the Schultz/FE combo.
But....it puts me in control of the Mix....not some "Company"...and that part I like alot.