What's new

Inside 'bodia grow

So, big thanks to a friend (who also posts on here but i forget his username at the moment) anyway, he gave me a female plant (x-18/pine tar kush x brainstorm haze) a 100 watt fluorescent bulb and enough info to keep me going, heres my current set up, it's all a bit "ghetto grow" but living where i do i dont have access to all the western shit to make this a "proper grow up," plus im not totally flash for cash at this very moment in time so i gotta make do with what i can.

The windows are totally blacked out, no light getting in or out of this fucker, i have the bulb on 24 hours at the moment along with the fan, i figured its good to keep some air circulation going and the room gets a bit stuffy, this is cambodia y'know, tropical heat etc

GR2Medium.jpg

heres my super safe rig for raising/lowering the light
GR3Medium.jpg

made some cheap ass tin foil wannabe box
GR4Medium.jpg

Thar she blows!
GRMedium.jpg

Birds eye
_moar02718Medium.jpg

i have dried coconut shaving/soil mix going on and will soon be feeding it some of this mixed in with the water

1box10pckets6000riel1package20liters.jpg

other than that ill buy some bat guano and throw a little bit on top, i figure once i get it to about 2/3 feet or (if it lives) then i'll stick it into 12/12

any suggestions/ideas are welcome, have a good one.

motaloca

welcome to ic bonez. It's me.
as i said get the bulb vertical if possible( as you can see in your pic most light is wasted) and you need to get some side branching going. Those lights don't pentrate deep so you want your plant(btw it's x-18/pinetarkush x brainstormhaze) short with lots of branches and not tall
`search for lst
low-stress-training.jpg
( basicially tie the plant down to force side branching) or scrog
9590March_07_31_cin_scrog_2.jpg

good luck bro,
ps this is my 666th post here:laughing:

Eol

There's no point hanging your bulb vertically if it's directly above the plant. Think about the lumen output, the plant is receiving max lumens from only the tip of the bulb. You should either hang the bulb vertically right beside the plant and then ideally rotate the plant every day or so; or you should just get a normal reflector and hang the bulb horizontally.

Vertical lighting is only more effective when you can surround the bulb with plant growth, so you're using all 360 degrees of light. In your case horizontal with a reflector might even be a better choice, because you get 180 degrees of direct light + the light that is reflected back down by the reflector; as oppose to hanging it vertically where the light emanating from the side of the bulb not facing your plant is wasted.

Alternatively, if you are set on going vertical, look at some vertical scrogs where you train the plant around the bulb (this would maximize your yield) - have a look in the vert forum.

Here are some good vert threads:

Benefits of vertical growing: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=127881
Good micro vert grow #1: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=201777
Good micro vert grow #2: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=201442

Hope this helps

i just changed my ghetto grow, check it yo!
128_1233Medium.jpg

128_1234Medium.jpg

128_1235Medium.jpg

also, if i was to bend the plant do you think i should tie it about where my fingers are and to that angle?
128_1236Medium.jpg

motaloca

go down 2 nodes and tie that biatch down.
don't be afraid the can handle some abuse.
also put a reflector above your bulb and when using tinfoil use the matt side not the shiny i know sounds crazy but its more reflective also flat white paint is very reflective and cheap.
peace

so i tied that fucker down, got an empty coke can and filled it with water to give it some weight, then used a cable tie to tie her down (obviously)

moar071Medium.jpg

moar074Medium.jpg

moar075Medium.jpg

moar076Medium.jpg

see how she goes

motaloca

hi bonez,
getting better.
you can use tapwater just let it stand 24 hours to dechlorinate, also your tap is probably alkaline like mine, so a couple drops( 2 , 3 ) per liter of lime juice won't hurt.
empty a packet of seaweed in a 2 liter bottle, then mix 1 to 10.
grow on
ps i got a female plant i don't have space for if you want

Andyo

Veteran
more light

more light

You need a reflector above that light not enough light as it is .
Im in thailand so i hear you on the heat issue and availibility of kit.
I stripped out 1000w security flood lights and a couple of 400w
You need some air in and out of the room.A

yeah i get paid tomorrow so im gonna go and try and locate some kind of reflector and i guess some small chains to rig it all up a bit better

StupidBoy

Great job LSTing Captain Bonez! You don't need the coke can though. Just bend the wire under the lip of your pot or melt a whole in the lip and tie it. Also, it helps to anchor the base of the plant in the opposite direction of your first bend. The little stakes are a great idea! :ying:

S

Secretweapon

Plants doing well, nice job! Nice update.

Reflector looks boss.

StupidBoy

Looking good Captain Bonez :yes: You should consider adding a bit more soil to cover the roots at the base of the plant. The plant will push out even more roots from the main stem if you cover it with soil. Just trying to help out. :ying: