What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look at the Friesland they are literally one month ahead of schedule compared to the other strains The foliage is a very dark green and all the females look very similar so I would say that these seeds are incredibly stable....
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Look at the Friesland they are literally one month ahead of schedule compared to the other strains The foliage is a very dark green and all the females look very similar so I would say that these seeds are incredibly stable....

Glad you like them. :huggg:

In 3 weeks, things should be smelling very nicely in that patch. ;)

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Coming along nicely! What's the estimated chop date?
They will be done by the end of September or earlier which is what I’m looking for ...hello PT
Glad you like them. :huggg:

In 3 weeks, things should be smelling very nicely in that patch. ;)

It’s a great strain to have if you were an outdoor grower...I’ll be running her again:headbangeThe plants are very uniform and very stable it is an excellent strain they are excellent seeds

What is the history of this strain? I'm curious where the name comes from. Can't help but picture a theme park dedicated to french fries every time i hear the name...

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I know Is that Friesland is one of these old bona fide Canadian strains specifically breed to finish early in the northern latitudes ...I heard about this 20 years ago shocked to see that it’s available...Trout can correct me if I’m wrong

Green Squall

What is the history of this strain? I'm curious where the name comes from. Can't help but picture a theme park dedicated to french fries every time i hear the name...

Friesland is a Province in the Netherlands. I believe it was originally called M33 and offered by the Super Sativa Seed Company, which was based in Amsterdam. Probably became popular in Canada for its early flowering tendencies and tolerance for growing in Northern latitudes. Here are some old catalog scans someone posted a while back.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=190239

BlackBart

Veteran
Your plants look very nice Star crash but I would have to disagree with you on two things .One the original Friesland Indica came from a area in the northern Netherlands region called Friesland and not Canada not the Freezeland which is Friesland x Pluton 2 2nd and this could be enviromental I have three Frieslands going and they are all different in flower time and in plant structure . I will post pics tomorrow .

troutman

Seed Whore
I think Star Crash meant to say that the present day Friesland Indica seeds are made in Canada. :peek:

But the originals were released in 89 by the Super Sativa Seed Company in Europe. :tongue:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just throwing darts at a dartboard glad to know the original in the presentation...I just remember it from the old days Being referred to as a good northern strain...

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your plants look very nice Star crash but I would have to disagree with you on two things .One the original Friesland Indica came from a area in the northern Netherlands region called Friesland and not Canada not the Freezeland which is Friesland x Pluton 2 2nd and this could be enviromental I have three Frieslands going and they are all different in flower time and in plant structure . I will post pics tomorrow .

Now I understand Blackbart ?do you think that we are running something different? What you have is the original am I correct? If so did these look like the Friesland that you know? :smokey:

My Friesland is stacking frost like an indoor, friggin' beauty, pollinated it with Columbian Black, and Deep Chunk. Fired up for the winter indoor test.

herblux

expect tall plants he say lol
guerilla rasoli

Man they are huge...and beautiful!
Starting to flower yet Harvestreaper? May I ask you for your approximate latitude please?

Was gonna go to grow a few of the Himalayan highland NLDs of TRSC indoors, trying to determine which variety best to try guerilla at about 50° N next season. Rasoli, Nanda Devi, Kumaoni and Nepalese.
I know it's gonna be a longshot at that latitude...still worth a shot though.

harvestreaper

Veteran
Man they are huge...and beautiful!
Starting to flower yet Harvestreaper? May I ask you for your approximate latitude please?

Was gonna go to grow a few of the Himalayan highland NLDs of TRSC indoors, trying to determine which variety best to try guerilla at about 50° N next season. Rasoli, Nanda Devi, Kumaoni and Nepalese.
I know it's gonna be a longshot at that latitude...still worth a shot though.
could not see sighns of flo altho maybe they stretched recently not checked em for a while, the blurb says can get 18 feet tall those about 12/13 well see,, had to bend tops down today,,ive grown nanda devi and kumoani and mazar i shariff an chitral all from rsc here at 52 most are hardy and well worth a shot imo all came in nov exept chitrali which was mid / late oct:tiphat:

harvestreaper

Veteran
I wonder if highland type varietals should be grown at 2-3000m elevation
i guess they probly should but thats half the fun seeing how these landraces perform in alien enviroments,,the mazar for example comes from an arid dry area i expected mold issues in the damp valley bottom they were grown in they had zero mold wereas some strains selected for that enviroment succumbed to it,,when i think of landraces i think of plants grown in large numbers with minimal care and as a result are usually pretty tuff an resilient ,,wether they can produce bud worth having is another story

Latest posts

Latest posts