What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

burmese

picture.php

unexpected germinating from falled seed of nandadevi/etiopia//kumaoni around 20 days 12/12 from seed in 5Liter soap canister
nandadevi/etiopia mother has that extremely quick developing seed etiopia side//3days to develop seed// and nandadevi fallof seed wild side,
kumaoni was creamy carotty fruity male,dad

Last edited:

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I know it's a young plant but I'm stoked! :woohoo:

Strain: Viet-Lao
Genetics: Pure Southeast Asian Ganja Plant
Latitude: 20°N
Regional Maturation: December to early February
Height: 3m - 5m
Aroma: elderflower, musky, light alcohol-like scents (?)
Characteristics: extreme 'sativa', loose leafy buds, very heady high
Grow Type: Outdoors or greenhouse
A village ganja plant with a great heady 'sativa' high grown in the highlands of north-eastern Lao, very close to Vietnam.
This strain grows within the Greater Mekong region of Southeast Asia, but should be of particular interest to collectors as it is found close to the northern-most extent of traditional ganja cultivation in Southeast Asia. Further north, and cannabis cultivation is defined by typical Chinese 'chinensis' hemp cultivars.
This strain is grown for personal use in Lao villages, not for commerical production. Buds are loose and leafy, with fair resin production on calyxes, and a very nice 'sativa' kick.
The standout characteristic of this strain is the distinctive heady high, which 'sativa' lovers will relish.

Coughie

Strain: Viet-Lao
Genetics: Pure Southeast Asian Ganja Plant
Latitude: 20°N
Regional Maturation: December to early February
Height: 3m - 5m
Aroma: elderflower, musky, light alcohol-like scents (?)
Characteristics: extreme 'sativa', loose leafy buds, very heady high
Grow Type: Outdoors or greenhouse
A village ganja plant with a great heady 'sativa' high grown in the highlands of north-eastern Lao, very close to Vietnam.
This strain grows within the Greater Mekong region of Southeast Asia, but should be of particular interest to collectors as it is found close to the northern-most extent of traditional ganja cultivation in Southeast Asia. Further north, and cannabis cultivation is defined by typical Chinese 'chinensis' hemp cultivars.
This strain is grown for personal use in Lao villages, not for commerical production. Buds are loose and leafy, with fair resin production on calyxes, and a very nice 'sativa' kick.
The standout characteristic of this strain is the distinctive heady high, which 'sativa' lovers will relish.

This will be fun to watch, I have some of these to pop as well

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Yeah, definitely a small pot is the way to go. I usually wait until the stretch is over before providing more root space.

These can be kept reasonably small, at least some phenotypes.

I have these pictures posted by Namkha, I hope he doesn't mind me sharing them. Outdoors in Spain:

And indoors:

I'm actually hoping they would show some chinensis traits like bulkiness and good resin. I have 14 more seeds but I planted this one to see if they're still viable, it took a good two weeks to sprout so I had almost given up on it. I'll do a proper reproduction when I'm done with other projects.

thejact55

More is better. They are used to strong sun-rays. These plants also hate smaller pots, but due to their size, 1-2 gallons is max. They also dont like heavy feeding.
Its a delicate balance, but fun and well worth it.

Any hps 400/600/1000 will get you there based on the space you are growing in. LEDs are suffcient also, again power based on space. Flouros, eh, no. Except for early veg.

therevverend

Veteran
Wow. Just checked out RSC's website they have 13 varieties right now. Haven't ever seen them this stocked with varieties as well as seed from many different regions.
6 different Himalayan strains, including feral jungli unhybridized. It appears the ancient Himalayan hemp cultivars are alive and well. And multipurpose hemp-fiber/seeds/charas varieties.
Their Parvati cultivar is the one that catches my eye, finishes late sep/early oct and wet resistance.
Here's my Sinai hoping it's a she. Doesn't like the cool or too much water. She's slower then everything else but keeps on doing her thing..
album.php

Looks like it made a little friend..

48N

Does the Sinai flower as early as the Lebanese?
Sinai might be a good way to get tropical strains to flower and finish earlier
Lebanese has so much cbd, so i guess it wouldn't match the sativa as good because of too much cbd in the offsprings?
Has anyone tried such a hybrid? Lebanese x sativa or Sinai x sativa?
Thanks

CannaZen

Well the Sinai is 29° N and the Leb is 34° N so its maybe 3 or 6 weeks behind? Imo you need a lot of seeds to start with to find a male and female both with the cbd or thc dominance from these.

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
The Sinai I grew before were male, they practically autoflowered, very early. I think at higher latitudes the flowering may be skewed because the day cycles are so different. I'm thinking anywhere from late August to mid October. Lebanese may finish even earlier.
I'm hoping for the THC types, I haven't been growing CBD strains. RSC reports potency of up to 16% THC with 1% CBD. Much more potent then Lebanese and less CBD dominate though I'm sure there's quite a few CBD types.
Perhaps the best potential in this line is an early CBD dominate outdoor variety. Through selection goals of up to 15% CBD with minimal THC and a late August finish might be possible. Personally I'm looking for early THC varieties for northern latitudes. Probably difficult to breed without testing.
There is/was a Canadian seed company with a strain called Lethal Purple. It's possible it's a red/purple Lebanese variety although it was advertised as a strong KO Indica. Medium to thin fan leaves, 3-6 feet tall, good mold resistance, finished early-mid September. Airy buds.
The high was intriguing, it was like caffeine. I made the mistake of smoking it before bed a couple time.
No one wanted it except for my friend who worked night shift. He'd smoke it at work, it'd help him focus on his job and stay awake. I'm guessing either THCV or CBD was at work.
Not useful for me because I'm interested in THC strains but I should do a seed run before they get too old to sprout. Until it's tested everything is speculation but I've always had a hunch it's at least part Leb.

thejact55

Sinai started flowering for me in june, but didnt finish until october. I wouldnt use any "x-weeks" flowering time measurement with it. Itll finish early, but starts flowering super early. I cut one mid september, it was too early. Mid october was perfect.the next year, same scenario. They pack on resin late, just let em go as long as possible
Sinai structure is very dominate in crosses. Seen is and/or done it with a few different sativas and it shines through.

troutman

Seed Whore
Crossing the Lebanese with the Sinai may give you something cool.

I was thinking of crossing the Chitrali and the Mazar one day.