What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Inexpensive, Wet/Dry, Veg/Flower, 8-Minute CBD Test You Can Do At Home!

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
The result is up top of the test tube..clear. the bottom is the material and charcoal and lye mixture...well actually it was still a bit cloudy in that pic but it was clear when it settled.. no color change though...
you testing for cbd or thc? oops you said lye so cbd

EastCoastGambit

Just ordered some materials to give this a go. Because I am growing what I hope is a strain that contains some CBD as its a Thunderfuck mountain x Harlequin cross.

I'm also growing some Bodhi gear Pinesoul and Cocoon.

One of my supposedly Pinesoul plants looks suspiciously a lot like the TFM x H plants and the terps are not tell tale as there is a little similarity between all of them. Hoping this test can help me sort out if I mixed up on my labeling or not? LOL

EastCoastGambit

Samples are dry
20230524_110223.jpg

EastCoastGambit

My results are in and they are.....confusing.

Seems they either all have notable CBD or I messed something up in testing.

I don't know all the strains by # right now because I'm in dark and can't check the tags but I do know 7 & 8 are the harlequin crosses.

Attachments

• 20230524_194815.jpg
    20230524_194815.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 44

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I had cross contamination issues a few times. Scissors, and since I only have a couple of them, bottles and caps from quick (meaning incomplete) cleaning between tests. ;)

It does look like you had good results with a lot of cbd in some.

EastCoastGambit

Yes but just not in the plants I was anticipating. It's actually a mix bag between the 3 strains. I may have some cross contam as well. I tried to rinse my gloves between handling diff samples. All in all its a cool test. It's informative. It didn't help me sort out if I mixed up strains because I was not expecting CBD from Bodhi genetics but definitely was from Harlequin crosses. I guess it's an added bonus that all the plants have some considering my back pain and inflammation issues. The terp profiles on all the plants have similarities as well.

acespicoli

1704691971790.png

Fig. 1. Reaction between THC (a) and Fast Blue BB (b) forming the THC + FBBB (c) product chromophore/fluorophore [13].

@Douglas.Curtis got anything for terpenes? ;)
spice ginder and extracted plant material, nice post, hope your well @Douglas.Curtis :huggg:
Just thinking about you the other day !

anyone have a link to the paper ?
regulated chemicals being the limiter...

Last edited:

acespicoli

recommended reading

google for pdf's
The light you use affects the visible color results? Full sunlight vs narrow spectrum led ?
1704693787491.png

a variable that needs to be added to results is light source?
think Doug hinted at that in a earlier post, his results favored full spectrum sun light?
Indoors at night with led narrow width.... :thinking:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts