What's new

industrial plant under SF2000

Amilcare

Hey mate, nice plant, subbed. I'm starting a run with the same lamp in a 3x3x6 box. I've dimmed the light as I'm having Temperature problems, around 30°C at 70cm from the light. How big is your closet? Do you remember your temperature during her first days of life? I'mnot using extraction yet to keep a good humidity level during first seedlings days. Nice dairy bro!

Amilcare

Yeah, I'm doing it. I first put a fan at light level to cool it down, but i was having high temp anyway. Now I put it below the light blowing from the bottom to the light and that's better. But I'm still around 27C at 70cm with dimmed light. Any other suggestion mate?

bigpeter

Hey mate, nice plant, subbed. I'm starting a run with the same lamp in a 3x3x6 box. I've dimmed the light as I'm having Temperature problems, around 30°C at 70cm from the light. How big is your closet? Do you remember your temperature during her first days of life? I'mnot using extraction yet to keep a good humidity level during first seedlings days. Nice dairy bro!

Thanks Amilcare, my temps did get to 30C at the very top above the lamp and around 28 C at plant canopy level before I added a second 6 inch inline fan and filter at the top of my closet, now with one at the top and one at the bottom both sucking air out temps dont go higher than 25C day and 22C at night, with humidity a constant 45% and plenty of air movement going on. That closet measures 18 inches deep 36 wide and 75 high.

Amilcare

Thanks Amilcare, my temps did get to 30C at the very top above the lamp and around 28 C at plant canopy level before I added a second 6 inch inline fan and filter at the top of my closet, now with one at the top and one at the bottom both sucking air out temps dont go higher than 25C day and 22C at night, with humidity a constant 45% and plenty of air movement going on. That closet measures 18 inches deep 36 wide and 75 high.

Thank you mate, so you're closet is smaller then my box then. How did you manage to get decent temperature and high humidity level during the first days? Because if I turn on my extraction to get the Temp down I can say goodbye to my humidity, which should be around 70% during the first days isn't it? Would 30C be the limit Temp at canopy level? I knew it was around 27,28 but I saw somewhere that with LEDs it could be a little bit higher. Do u know something about it?.

bigpeter

Amilcare, I've never really worried about humidity unless its very high or very low and never had problems with young plants, so unless you live in a very arid desert like place put your extractor on, if your humidity goes very low try hanging up a damp towel and misting. Maybe someone else can offer advice on this.

Amilcare

Amilcare, I've never really worried about humidity unless its very high or very low and never had problems with young plants, so unless you live in a very arid desert like place put your extractor on, if your humidity goes very low try hanging up a damp towel and misting. Maybe someone else can offer advice on this.

Nah i'm not on in the desert :laughing::laughing: Thanks for suggestions mate, I've to be less worried probably!

bigpeter

Day 45. I'm very pleased with the way things are going, buds are rock hard and developing a nice aroma, lemon floor cleaner when touched and when I stick my face in the closet with the fans off a funky farmyard manure smell. I've been doing a little defoliation here and there, every other day or so I've been picking bunches of shade leaves, although I've taken quite a lot it doesn't seem like it. I've spotted a little yellowing on the edges of some of the sugar leaves. I'm guessing this is due to some of the flushing I've been doing in order to keep runoff ppms under 800. If I do any more flushing I'll be adding some calmag. According to Dinafem this plant finishes between 45-50 days. I'm aiming for the end of the month harvest about another 14 days.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bigpeter

Thanks for kind comments, I've been keeping a close eye on the buds, about a quarter of trichomes have turned amber. Two days ago I started flushing with plain ph'd water. Another 3-4 days and I will be chopping.

picture.php

picture.php

bigpeter

Chopped at day 55. Further down the stems there are some very light green buds that were getting little light. I was unable to do any trimming to remove them as I couldn't see them. The foliage was very dense under the canopy. Looking good for 1 plant.

picture.php