What's new

indoor organic soil yield/ all others?

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jk,
when growing the same strain despite your efforts to maintain consistency did you notice variation despite the genetics being the same? I've heard some commercial growers talk about even clones occasionally having variation.

yes of course, i lived in socal and grew year around. summer, spring, winter,fall. so it was easy to grow the same clone/strain over and over. the same clone or strain always showed different looks given the time of the year, though ill have to say it smoked 90% the same each season( meaning winter buds were the same as last winters, fall buds were the same as last fall to a given extent) until other variables came into play. to me at least. i don't really grow that way anymore. and i doubt most would even care, but when breeding you have to take in every detail.

a question on using bat shit, do you prefer scratching it into the soil or
mixing it into water? i just began using it for the first time and top dressed
and watered it in but it seemed like it might be better to mix it and let it sit for the night, what is the best way to use it? thanks, HH

i dont use bat shit anymore, but before i found other sources i used lots of guano. i have used it as a top dressing(almost fool proof, just dont add too much at once) mixed in the soil ( takes a bit more knowledge of your soil and the strain your dealing with to get it accurate but works wonders ) and have done liquid soaks (fast acting, i mixed it in water, let soak 24 hours usually, strained and then watered. then after top dressed so you dont burn the plants, the liquid is faster acting and the top dressing scraps are available over then next few weeks) they all work great. id say top dressing is easiest, liquid next and soil amendment last, but its still soooooo easy lol.

maryjohn

Veteran
one year we grew some cherry tomatoes, not my favorite, and since then,
maybe five years ago we have a patch of cherry toms that pop up each summer. i doubt i could get rid of them if i wanted to.
hh

Lol those things are the best consolation. I just throw them whole into a pan with cold olive oil and garlic. Turn on the heat, Soften them up and you have delicious simple pasta dressing. Also nice if you let them dry out a bit first, just until the skin starts to wrinkle.

Latest posts

Latest posts