What's new

Indian Landrace Exchange strains

OldGrowOG

Remember the pics are of both #2 and #3 plants. In the 1st post of the "hot" zone plants I did say that the scents are very hard to describe because they aren't of a single easy smell like berry fruits or skunk.

As the Full Power catalogue puts it, "...(#2) shared a similar bouquet of aromas as found amongst most of the plants in the valley, which is quite difficult to put into words, however the best description for it would be to compare it with sharp smells such as ammonia or some of the other industrial cleaning products with sharp acrid smells."

Must agree that effectively describing the smell is difficult. I've found that each of my plants vary slightly from the the others and also that the scents shift a bit over time, so as I wrote in a post above, I'm going to wait till it's dried and trimmed to make my assessment of the smell. I've been involved with this in California since the 70s and in that time have come across pretty much every smell cannabis can emit. This is much less common. Especially since for a while now certain scents have been selected for over and over. The flowering plant scent of these isn't what would be thought of as "commercially appealing" which is fine but explains why it isn't common.
I think there is a special phenotype in the Gilgit thats got a more tolerable note, from the valley farmers story its definitely the little village that grows. Cool story behind it.

How many type 2 Gilgits did you grow out?

I've had industrial experiences, never heard of ammonium yet, was that growing it had that? It's best to use a cross to tone it down, trichomes are supposed to be the big influence. And it looks nice for a new landrace.

musigny23

I think there is a special phenotype in the Gilgit thats got a more tolerable note, from the valley farmers story its definitely the little village that grows. Cool story behind it.

How many type 2 Gilgits did you grow out?

I've had industrial experiences, never heard of ammonium yet, was that growing it had that? It's best to use a cross to tone it down, trichomes are supposed to be the big influence. And it looks nice for a new landrace.
I refer to them as Hopar Valley rather than Gilgit-Baltistan as it's the most specific locator. I think in my initial post I mentioned starting 3 seeds of #2 and 3 seeds of #3. I got 2 females of each and 1 male each. My intent was not to breed or reproduce so I did not keep the males. I just wanted to grow them as seedless flowers.

It's unusual scent in my experience, they did have it growing and it remained fairly similar after harvest. I have no test results but my guess is these have some CBD content. Not particularly "strong" compared to
bred types. Very pleasant effects but not like narrow leaf tropical types.

Dentex

9 weeks 11/13 .I can let it go 8-10 more .She is close to the light so some yellowing,I will feed her even more,sure eats a lot!

P1120012.JPG
P1120021.JPG
P1120009.JPG

P1120022.JPG

I purchase 2 packs of the Pink Stigma and none germinated. When I asked who to contact, the rudeness of seed sellers came out in a wild sense. I emailed Indian Exchange after contacting one of their supporters who removed all liability from the conversation but still no reply after 2 weeks. The company I purchased the seeds from only could offer me a discount on the same seeds after the holidays. There is a strange logic behind these people. They use people on the internet that had good germination rates to suggest it's my fault. My only fault was buying into the hype of well-placed videos with people who do not speak the English language. Yes, I am beyond pissed but keep my 300 plus dollars and take care of your family; your business, etc. Being positive about the situation doesn't give me my money back or replace the seeds. So how does being positive benefit me compared to how it benefits you.? How convenient and self-absorbed can ass-wipes be?

Shua1991

I purchase 2 packs of the Pink Stigma and none germinated. When I asked who to contact, the rudeness of seed sellers came out in a wild sense. I emailed Indian Exchange after contacting one of their supporters who removed all liability from the conversation but still no reply after 2 weeks. The company I purchased the seeds from only could offer me a discount on the same seeds after the holidays. There is a strange logic behind these people. They use people on the internet that had good germination rates to suggest it's my fault. My only fault was buying into the hype of well-placed videos with people who do not speak the English language. Yes, I am beyond pissed but keep my 300 plus dollars and take care of your family; your business, etc. Being positive about the situation doesn't give me my money back or replace the seeds. So how does being positive benefit me compared to how it benefits you.? How convenient and self-absorbed can ass-wipes be?
I wasted $200+ on delta 9 lab's "mekong Haze" around 2011ish, 0/50 seeds germinated 😠 and it seemed like it was almost universally bunk and discontinued. It sucks when these situations occur, you can only hope someone in the supply chain reimburses you but there are a lot of scammers in this industry who lie about low germ rates just to double dip on rare/limited genetics, there are also plenty of shitty businessmen who don't care about the clients.

Last edited:

coxnox

Veteran
does somebody know from what strain/region come the weed you found everywhere in goa ? kerala ?

Piff_cat

I wasted $200+ on delta 9 lab's "mekong Haze" around 2011ish, 0/50 seeds germinated 😠 and it seemed like it was almost universally bunk and discontinued. It sucks when these situations occur, you can only hope someone in the supply chain reimburses you but there are a lot of scammers in this industry who lie about low germ rates just to double dip on rare/limited genetics, there are also plenty of shitty businessmen who don't care about the clients.
its unfortunate that some of the desirable types which are also close to wild should be sold at a much discounted rate. the new wild china cannabis genome study places germination rates between 2-5 percent. guess thats why they are such prolific seed producers. of course they are also built in germination delay/cold treatment etc.
this would be ok if seeds were less then a dollar each but when the price is 5 to 10 each its tough loss to take. were the seeds very small, have a carnuckle/horseshoe base?
they tend to mature outside of the bract and self eject early on.
cambodia and northern vietnam are 2 areas wtih se asian drug lines which are still very close to wild germplasm both in proximity and population traits. the mekong haze being sourced in cambodia and another reeferman line viet silver leaf also have bad germination problems even when freshly made.. this is the likely cause

heres the link to paper/pics of wild seed vs cultivated landrace

1671581360545.png

1671580819357.png

Rory Borealis

Veteran
Yes. I grew it last year outdoors. Very hardy and and bug resistant. It flowered for 17 weeks. The flavor is similar to Lipton tea. The high comes alive after a 30-45 day cure. Fully cerebral, no body. Mellow but inspirational. The high is very calm, but not a stoned feeling.

Last edited:

Ravel

Anyone grown the Eastern Manipur yet? I have grown a Manipur from both RSC and ILE. Very similar. I am going to pop the EM seeds next run.
I have the ILE Manipurs and am waiting to pop them when I have the resources to do a seed reproduction.

I have ten seeds in the pack. I think that should be enough for a seed rep. I'm just not gonna have the time or space to grow them out fully. If I started on 10/14 and flowered them just long enough for the seeds to mature, does it sound like that would work?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Sure it will work. I think if you want to, you could just veg them 3 weeks and then flip and be as fast with a little better yield. It takes around 3 weeks to begin flowering, or 4, I can not remember.

Podenco

I am with yesum. It works. Small pots, lots of light (with lots of blue, UV?), hard LST, long darkness period. It might take a while before the seeds are ripe but seeds you can get.

P

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trying to germinate a pack of ILE Manipur Burma seeds right now. If anyone has grown it I can use any info on effects or whatever. Some other thread I think mentioned Manipur East, not sure if they understood what I was growing.

Rurumo

Trying to germinate a pack of ILE Manipur Burma seeds right now. If anyone has grown it I can use any info on effects or whatever. Some other thread I think mentioned Manipur East, not sure if they understood what I was growing.
I have a pack that I'd like to germ this year. I actually have the travel book that they made that covers this strain. Lots of pics of big chunky blue stripped colas. The strain specific thread here didn't have anything that looked like those pics, but I assume it's because so few have grown out this strain in any #s here due to the extreme flowering time. I'm excited about it as a new source for blueberry terps. I got another version of this famous Manipur strain along with that travel book too(it came with 4 packs total), I think they called it Moirang-which is the town in Manipur where the strain was collected. It's closely related to the Manipur/Burma strain, but with less chunky buds, but possibly stronger blueberry terps (this is all according to the travel book). Looking forward to seeing your plants!

Latest posts

Latest posts