What's new

In the freaking hospital.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
At least the surgery has advanced for you. Last I read moderate or light toking makes lungs work out a bit and get stronger, so doubting that was it.

Hoping for the best.

DJXX

Veteran
Hey buddy...glad it went ok....after you are back at it, let me know...i made you a promise in the past id like to keep it...let me know...first take care of yourself..peace DJXX

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Wishing you a speedy recovery man. I'm no fan of hospitals myself, but I know one day I will find myself in one again. I used to smoke a lot but my lungs could no longer handle it, now I pretty much stick to edibles. A friend of mine who had a collapsed lung made the switch and loves it. Feel well soon.

Gry

Veteran
More than glad all has gone well for you ! Best of wishes for a quick and speedy recovery.

WelderDan

Veteran
Feeling a shitload better today. They took me off IV today. And I may get the chest tube out tomorrow. I haven't had any pain meds in the last 8 hours, and I've been allowed to walk around as long as nurse is with me. Been out of bed all day and sitting in a chair watching TV. I even was able to go to the bathroom and take a piss instead of pissing in a plastic urinal. I may get to go home Saturday. Now the bad news. I have mild emphysema. No more toking for me. I have to switch to edibles. I'm not going to fuck around, no more toking. Gonna miss that, but this is a serious wake up call. So I'll be learning all about edibles. I've successfully made butter in the past, so that's no biggie, but I'll be looking into other options. So now I take a serious look at lifestyle changes, drop some weight and deal with it. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least it isn't cancer.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see you are feeling a bit better WelderDan that's good news :good:

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Feeling a shitload better today. They took me off IV today. And I may get the chest tube out tomorrow. I haven't had any pain meds in the last 8 hours, and I've been allowed to walk around as long as nurse is with me. Been out of bed all day and sitting in a chair watching TV. I even was able to go to the bathroom and take a piss instead of pissing in a plastic urinal. I may get to go home Saturday. Now the bad news. I have mild emphysema. No more toking for me. I have to switch to edibles. I'm not going to fuck around, no more toking. Gonna miss that, but this is a serious wake up call. So I'll be learning all about edibles. I've successfully made butter in the past, so that's no biggie, but I'll be looking into other options. So now I take a serious look at lifestyle changes, drop some weight and deal with it. Not what I wanted to hear, but at least it isn't cancer.
I make "mari pills" out of herb in a size 0 cap, 5-6 hr ride :) works for me as I am diabetic and can't consume most edibles.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad your on the path to recovery,edibles gives you lots of opportunities as well.The wife and I walk right on the cruise ships with all sorts of yummies.
We put oil in clear caps from whole foods,right in the bottle of fish oil capsules.Nobody knows what's in the center of a tootsie roll,so to speak.

Just as long as the yummies dont give ya diabetes.lol
It's always something,I could quit smoking,and drinking,and cut down on the profanity.Maybe even stop thinking those impure thoughts of. Hope Hicks & Kate Middleton.
Then I would get run down by a public bus...hahaha
Take your time,man and leave ya hospital gown undone in the back next time ya go for a walk,they'll discharge ya before ya know it.
Speedy Recovery

WelderDan

Veteran
I'm home! I kinda expected to be in there until at least Saturday, but I was doing well enough they took the chest tube out this morning, and said as long as the xray came back ok, they were booting me out.

What a fucking zoo. My first week I had 4 different roomies. The 1st was ok, but he demanded a private room and was gone after 2 days. The 2nd guy was a mess. Feeding tube, catheter, diabetic with sores all over his feet. He'd lay there going MMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Think of keeping your mouth closed and imitating a cow. He did that constantly. It was like sleeping next to a dairy.

Then there was the woman across the hall. Every time they tried to take her vitals she would flip out. "Aaahhhh, what are you doing? Aaahhh! Don't touch me! You can't do that to me! Aaaahhhhhh!" Christ, this went on all day and all night.

And of course they were checking my vitals every three hours. Plus whatever doctor that was checking on me. I bet I only got 5 hours of sleep the entire time.

At least I got a private room after the surgery. It was quiet. No screaming. I'm just glad that chest tube is gone.

And I'd like to thank everyone once again. Y'all helped make my stay a little brighter and I appreciate it.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I'm home! I kinda expected to be in there until at least Saturday, but I was doing well enough they took the chest tube out this morning, and said as long as the xray came back ok, they were booting me out.

What a fucking zoo. My first week I had 4 different roomies. The 1st was ok, but he demanded a private room and was gone after 2 days. The 2nd guy was a mess. Feeding tube, catheter, diabetic with sores all over his feet. He'd lay there going MMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Think of keeping your mouth closed and imitating a cow. He did that constantly. It was like sleeping next to a dairy.

Then there was the woman across the hall. Every time they tried to take her vitals she would flip out. "Aaahhhh, what are you doing? Aaahhh! Don't touch me! You can't do that to me! Aaaahhhhhh!" Christ, this went on all day and all night.

And of course they were checking my vitals every three hours. Plus whatever doctor that was checking on me. I bet I only got 5 hours of sleep the entire time.

At least I got a private room after the surgery. It was quiet. No screaming. I'm just glad that chest tube is gone.

And I'd like to thank everyone once again. Y'all helped make my stay a little brighter and I appreciate it.
Compassion! Ever hear that word "Donald"?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Good to hear you are kinda ok now Dan - with lots of stories to tell from your hospital stay too - by the sounds of it - there is always some sort of drama going on in them.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great News,good vibes for a speedy recovery.I bet you'll never look at another cow the same way.Mmmmmmm
Lol

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah fuck I totally missed this.

Glad things are on the upswing. Edibles are easy to make, just dont fuck up the dosage or you'll be napping all day lmao

M

moose eater

See! Hospitals can be both entertaining AND helpful. Though best to get out of them as quickly as possible; a lot of people die or become more ill in them. :biggrin:

Each new roomie should be asked, "You got my invitation, didn't you?"

"There's no place like home. There's no place like home....." (clicking suede & shearling fleece slippers together)

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey just looking in on ya,hope your taking it easy,and
Mmmmmmoving slowly.
Seriously though take ya time to heal up and good luck with finding the right edibles for you.
So much to choose from luckily.
Peace