What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'In Search of the ULTIMATE SATIVA and INDICA'....(Rare Land-Race Hunting.)

Munson

Luang Prabang

Attachments

• SAM_2891.jpg
    SAM_2891.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 36
  • SAM_2887.jpg
    SAM_2887.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 38
  • SAM_2888.jpg
    SAM_2888.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 38

Munson

Those green muppets on sticks are really great looking, what kind of odors are they producing?

She's definitely a different animal. Hard to describe but best I can say is, like key lime pie with a hint of sweet onion, and zest of electricity. If that makes sense

iTHC

just read this thread from start to finish, what a journey!

hope somebody finds something special with those beans:woohoo:

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
बैजनी ສີມ່ວງ ស្វាយ สีม่วง

बैजनी ສີມ່ວງ ស្វាយ สีม่วง

[YOUTUBEIF]rq_NwNsXcDE[/YOUTUBEIF]

NEED 4 SEED

To all those interested, These seeds were recently posted on the auction at RGS.
Auction is not up now, but keep your eyes on it they may be posted again.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8468520&postcount=453

To The Seed Hunter- any additional info you can tell me about these seeds or the plants they came from would be great.

P.S - did any other seeds make it back from this adventure??

Peace GG

I'm asking this too now. Anyone grown these Nepal seeds from Dharchula District and can say something about them?

Sunshineinabag

Just found the thread

Just found the thread

View Image

Just recently a friend/acquaintance of mine suggested that since I couldn't currently travel outside of the UK to look for unusual and exciting new cannabis genetic material in seed form, which I used to do often in the past, then he could act as a sort of satellite gatherer of rare cannabis seeds for me.......to boldly go where few if any seed-seekers have gone before and bring back to the GN Collection some rare and exotic Land-Race or even bred seed-stock that would excite the established breeders and growers in the West and all over the world.

Now, where do we start?

I have suggested Diego Suarez in the North of Madagascar to look for more Zamal, but he seems to be keen to start by trying to visit Bhutan and looking for some Bhutanese seeds, since we can't find anything from that area currently outside of Bhutan, and not only Bhutan but thru the Mustang Valley, into Tibet, then Yunnan, Xinjiang over the Khunjerab pass onto the Karakorum and down through northern Pakistan looping back into India and up to Kashmir round past Ladakh to Manali........I am sure he will be able to find something special on a trip such as this and I am quite excited about what he might find in those VERY remote places/nations....

What we will be doing here is trying to document his movements as he progresses towards gaining any seed-stock that might be found out there and reporting it back in this thread with maps and pictures, so even if you are stuck at home with a grow you can live the life of cannabis seed-hunter in virtual real-time within this thread...

Also I would like to hear about where any of you might want to go globally, if you were in the position to go on you're very own SEED-HUNTING-EXPEDITION!.

What can farmers expect when they get cultivar seeds that have been grown at altitudes that most of us cant mimic in our own gardens? Does this effect variations?

NEED 4 SEED

Bump...

To all those interested, These seeds were recently posted on the auction at RGS.
Auction is not up now, but keep your eyes on it they may be posted again.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8468520&postcount=453

To The Seed Hunter- any additional info you can tell me about these seeds or the plants they came from would be great.

P.S - did any other seeds make it back from this adventure??

Peace GG

I'm asking this too now. Anyone grown these Nepal seeds from Dharchula District and can say something about them?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
At lower elevations - there is more oxygen in the air - so would be more in the soil too for the roots I expect - so cultivars adapted to higher altitudes should be able to grow well in lower more oxygenated atmospheres - maybe even better than they do up the side of a mountain - with the right light and nutes - there should not be much if any variations if they are a true land race - and have not been pollinated by foreign cultivars for generations -

What can farmers expect when they get cultivar seeds that have been grown at altitudes that most of us cant mimic in our own gardens? Does this effect variations?

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
wow what a thread

wow what a thread

I finally read the whole thread. Very interesting for sure. I would love to go on an African safari to see the wildlife, and come across some killer landrace strains on the side of the path. I liked looking at the pictures of the locals. Thank you for sharing your experience. :jump:

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Hey guys did anyone that brought these Nepalese Landrace seeds grow them out yet?? we sold many seeds to some of you guys just wondering if anyone has got round to giving them a run,.. any pics or info on the strains etc ,..

Anyone interested in some seeds to run in this thread to keep it alive for future information an knowledge preservation hit me up I can supply the seeds,..:tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Hey guys did anyone that brought these Nepalese Landrace seeds grow them out yet?? we sold many seeds to some of you guys just wondering if anyone has got round to giving them a run,.. any pics or info on the strains etc ,..

Anyone interested in some seeds to run in this thread to keep it alive for future information an knowledge preservation hit me up I can supply the seeds,..:tiphat:

I was gifted some by another member and plan to run a few outside this spring.

NEED 4 SEED

I have 50 of them and also plan to grow a few of them this year. I am expecting them to grow big and do the long-flowering thing and have to make a plan how to tame them.

By the way, were there other strains collected apart from the Dharchula District ones? Wasn't the whole thing about getting also seeds from Bhutan? If there are more than the ones sold at the Seed Boutique I'd love to get some.

I wood

I grew 5 of those.
100% germination. All were healthy and vigorous with almost no branching. pole plants.
3 males, 2 females that hermied at about three weeks. Not unexpected for what it is.
The plan is to start a larger number next time but haven’t got back to them yet.

Edited to add;
No negativity was intended with the above information. A couple of hermies isn't odd in an unworked landrace, expected even i would think. I grew 12 bangi haze regulars without getting a stable female, 13th was a female seed and still threw a few nanners in late flowering. Part of the deal, sometimes you beat the odds, sometimes they beat you.
The nepalese males looked good and would have been kept and used if not for me already working about twenty other males at the time. Also being in possession of more than enough seeds for further exploration, I didn’t need to stress about a few test seeds.
Panikz delivered on these just as promised, and either doesn’t count so good or is very generous.
Looking forward to more landrace releases.
Just wanted to be clear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts