What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'In Search of the ULTIMATE SATIVA and INDICA'....(Rare Land-Race Hunting.)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
It was getting quite suspenseful - glad the seed hunter is fine and still on the hunt! Best wishes and positive vibes.

Love the pictures in this thread. Thanks so much for sharing them.

See y’all in line at the seed drop. :biggrin:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I suspect that the collected seeds will be available to anyone who might want to work with them.....

It really depends on what arrives back at base central in Europe, unmolested, and viable.

I want on that list Gypsy!! Sign me up please.
Not often to have the chance to be part of a thread like this, following along on this adventure.
It would be unbelievable to have seeds from such a documented hunt.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hey, just ‘cause I’m late to the thread doesn’t mean I’ll be late for that line. :biglaugh:

This really is exciting. And great that they’ll be made available as is. Just think how cool it will be when members start growing these out and sharing what they find! :headbange

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I dunno... The whole reveg & immortal thing doesn't seem that wild to me... Ive done it with Indicas, and its not super different with Sativas... It just has a different feel because its so easy to overfeed sativas, and they never finish flower, or stay eager to veg with any mistake..

I think if you have the food, and humidity at certain levels you can encourage plants to finish early/fast, or take forever to flower, and easily flip back into veg.... If you underfeed, and rush the plant to finish fast with low humidity.... At the end if you hit with some kelp\amend again, and put back into highly humid environment you should have no problem getting it to reveg.. Indica or sativa..... Just leave tiny stuff at bottom of the plant intentionally for reveg later. Trimming roots, and putting in a fresh batch of mild mix without nutes because humidity, and foliar sprays is your main source of water for a while... All kinds of stuff

Was talking the other day to someone about rootbound true wild sativas autoflowering, and\or hermie. Sativas tend to produce, and expand roots the entire life cycle... Many variables, and traits cause & effect.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I would assume wild populations show all sorts of traits that if not breed for carefully will easily be lost breeding and selecting for other traits.

romanoweed

I dont know so exactly dr.Young: but i heard about 2 Year old sativas wich never flowered, meaning non reveg.. If thats true, i dont know actually , i didnt really follow the discussion back then. But i heard of a autoflowering pure Bamboo-Thin Thai Plant. And just wanna tell : especially in those S E Asians you just find Extreme Traits, like Ultra big Leafes, so big like a Belly, exactly like a Belly.. And also Flowers wich are so Big and Phat, more like a Carpet of Weed. So i believe there in S. E. Asia are insane Traits, wich we rarely see.. Especially in buyable seeds.. And i dont wanna Claim what you saw once , i just wanna say .

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Yeah definitely all kinds of stuff out there... I seen some pretty big fanleaves after a epsom salt foliar on the thais in previous run.. Was mindblowing... went from stunted small fans to massive mature 9 blade fans within days.. Dialing things in, and providing a ideal environment makes dramatic morphology changes.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Any Himalayan plant that can flourish at those altitudes and temperatures could be interesting for other similar areas - and already, just for the sake of their survival they must have certain traits present via natural selection over many generations that are in high demand.

I have heard of some plants being so frost/snow resistant that they can 'over-winter' and grow on thru the following seasons - after surviving a Himalayan winter - now that's interesting.

Years ago I knew of a breeder in Switzerland that was working towards an 'over-wintering' plant - having never actually seen this myself I was always keen to find out more about this trait - if indeed it exists.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have just finished hunting through some Afghani and Pakistani landrace to add to my Filipino landrace. Most were trash but the keepers were as incredible as anything on the planet. These hunts are very important, can't wait to see what you find GN.
Peace

romanoweed

I think i even heard of Frost resistance also coming out of S. E. Asia(Thailand), or was it a Nevilles Haze?.. im shure one of both , as i remember. Even if it doesent sound so very belevable that something like Frost resistance emerges out of Haze or Thai.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Any Himalayan plant that can flourish at those altitudes and temperatures could be interesting for other similar areas - and already, just for the sake of their survival they must have certain traits present via natural selection over many generations that are in high demand.

I have heard of some plants being so frost/snow resistant that they can 'over-winter' and grow on thru the following seasons - after surviving a Himalayan winter - now that's interesting.

Years ago I knew of a breeder in Switzerland that was working towards an 'over-wintering' plant - having never actually seen this myself I was always keen to find out more about this trait - if indeed it exists.
We tend to harvest everything. So finding something that over-winters would be tough. A perennial would be the bomb.

I have just finished hunting through some Afghani and Pakistani landrace to add to my Filipino landrace. Most were trash but the keepers were as incredible as anything on the planet. These hunts are very important, can't wait to see what you find GN.
Peace
After a stint in Honduras, I found one that they actually called "Trash". They looked at me like I was crazy asking for it and some seeds. It was only about 10-12%THC, but god damn.... what a wonderful and beautiful high. Kinda like the fist time you do chemicals. You find yourself always chasing it. Know what I mean?

Most of my clients want something that will put you in a zombie state for two hours. But I think a few are starting to turn onto the more exotic highs. If they only knew the places they can take you.

Every time I think about growing out some of these new gorillas I get a boner.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
I think i even heard of Frost resistance also coming out of S. E. Asia(Thailand), or was it a Nevilles Haze?.. im shure one of both , as i remember. Even if it doesent sound so very belevable that something like Frost resistance emerges out of Haze or Thai.

G `day RW

Up north in the mountains frost is a yearly occurrence .
Golden Triangle region can get damn cold in winter .

Its cold enough for opium to thrive .

So many people don`t realise the diversity of climate in Thailand .
Down south near the Malaysian border is a long way from the Lao border in the north .
The mountains up north are very high .

Over in the NE its a desert in winter . Dry and dusty .

Wet season - dry season are very very different .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

The Seed Hunter

Peace

I also collected Afghani and Pakistani landrace at source years ago,and lived in pinas for years,I will be in the PI in march or april of 2019 are your pinoy seeds from Luzon,the Visayas or Mindanao?

Latest posts

Latest posts