What's new

In Search of The Best Haze

idiit

Veteran
So what do you guys think is the most desirable Haze types?

^ a kick ass haze that is easily found from seed stock.

this whole "chasing the elusive" has an inherent problem. after we find the elusive it will probably lead to another "chasing the elusive" in each seed run.

a lot of today's breeding is focused on combining recessive genetics. the f1's,f2's,3's will be a perpetuation of the same problem.

most stabilized landraces per my view are inherently domnant. stray pollen happens everywhere in the world. the only way a strain can continue to exist is if it has dominate genetics.

i'm going with landraces and trying to create another kick ass haze type high effect with the grail phenos being rather easy to find from seed.

i understand that haze was a landrace polyhybrid before nl was introduced into some haze strains.
instead of working the polyhybrids, start back with pretty much stabilized landraces and redo the foundation.

i also believe after reading some red haired mex smoke reports that rhmx could play in this genetic schemata.

other potential new landrace hybrids could include zamal spicy, png, malawi gold (up, energetic, psychoactive types), indonesian tripping weed, bam (black african magic) and that tanzaneian that grows north of lake malawi.

african and indonesian strains could easily play a role in the new grail haze type hybrids.

SativaBreather

Veteran
@ojd - the 30 week haze showed up in a bunch of esb/haze f2's - also found a lovely 16 weeker too
have not been abe to grow them since 08 but hope to bust a few beans later in the year

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's incredible and extremely kind of you OJD, I've got a serious taste for that G13haze male, but at this present moment, I'm not actually ready to start growing again, so I would not put your beans to good use (yet),,,I wish I was ready, but I'm slightly pre occupied atm, im comming back to growing soon though,,,when I do set everything back up I'm hoping to be ready with something spectacular too,,that's why I made this thread, my town is going mad for haze atm and to keep the game afoot, I've got to have be rocking some ultimate haze, Cheese ain't cutting-it anymore, even the stinkiest Cheese is getting sniffed at, it's all Haze Haze Haze nowadays, it's like gold even Hazedust is gold

Can I catch up with you in a couple of months?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anything over 14 weeks is too long for me,,,i know it's counter productive when looking for the ultimate haze, but I've got to compromise with certain restraints

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Hawian Haze Clone Soma has is 19 weeks if i remember correctly,,, i don't think i can wait that long to crop, but man,,i love that Hawian Haze Clone

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey rick
yeah no prob

hit me up when your ready and il set you off some of my best haze seeds i got

peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is no hawian haze clone soma has that im aware of
are you thinking of his afghan/hawian or hawian/afghan male

his haze cut was from seed from g13haze from nevil days
g13 x a5
only 1 seed popped and it was a male

i dont think it 19 weeks
more like 12-14 weeks and was a lovely male,real haze
shame i lost it years back and nobody seems to have it anymore

peace

coxnox

Veteran
That's weird coxnox, I've seen A5 in Rotterdam Coffeshops, even Max said he's seen it,,,a quick trip to a bunch of growshops should do the trick don't ya think?, I've got Dutch friends who could talk the talk for me,

Are we all in agreement that the Dampkrink sells C5?

and you really think that a coffe shop will give or sell you cuts ? most of them don't grow their weed themselve so they don't even have acces to it. and the ones who have are not willing to trade because it's their buisness !!
and growshop sell any shit with any fancy name...but if you found the real A5 there then you will have a lot of friends here, but i highly doubt about that.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think everyone sells the AG13 as the A5 in holland as i believe the A5 is gone?

peace

MIway

Veteran
Yeh mlway,,I'm guessing your saying SSSDH,,, I've not tried it but more and more people are rating it,,,i might have to go for an S1 or maybe S2,,,I've actually got my eye on Ojd's New seed release of Sssdh x Somas G13haze,,, I've got a soft spot for that male,,allways have,, i friggin love that male!

w

he did a ssh x cd (sscdh) like a year or two after the sssdh that won the cup. think phillthy (? for sure) has male that peeps have been breeding on... probably a kick ass fem too. but to me the sssdh had a definite sweetness to her, the sscdh come in w a bit more bite to the odor & taste, not sweet. just thought id mention her as she totally got overshadowed during that time.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i bet

to be honest they just put whatever other haze they have in stock

peace

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I'm have the "old school haze" that ojd just released. I did some testers of it for him. All 11 weekers, with one 12 weeker. Really nice haze plants that have flavor besides the spiciness from the haze family. I also have Dr. Grinspoon that I'm gonna be flowering shortly. I hope the pheno I have finishes in 14 weeks or less, I don't know if I have the patience for anything much longer, lol. I'm gonna tag this thread, and when I have some pics I will put them up.

B

BredForMeds

just grab a few packs of hazes and find a keeper.. either way your going to have to phenohunt unless u can get clones.. and if that's the case.. just get the best haze in clone form u can ...........

me personally don't smoke much haze anymore because people in my area don't appreciate a good haze.. they want hazes for cheaper then all my fast flowering clones.. so its like why bother?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Hawian Haze I'm talking about was widely available to growers at the Dampkrink when I lived in amsterdam in 2001, granted it was years ago, an it may not be around today, but at the time soma could easily access it, an I'm sure he grew it for a while, I'd be pretty supprized if that one has completely vanished from somas grasp,

Ok, if Coffeshops in Rotterdam are selling mislabelled A5, an growshops are doing the same thing with clones of it, then it's more elusive than i thought,, i believed it was so wide-spread they would not need to deceive anyone, it allways seemed widely available, obviously it's not widespread any more if people in Rotterdam are mislabling

Is it so hard to believe that Someone must be doing there job propperly

HeriMarry

One haze that always caught my eye was Titanium, I'm surprised there are not more grow reports.

It has that g13haze male.

pinkus

Veteran
I hope Nevil and kanga find an outlet soon as I've sampled some of the NH21xEMM as F2s and they were stellar. Good Luck on the hunt :)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey rick
yes i remember a hawian haze floating around for a bit but dont think it was soma's

the best ever hash i smoke was the hawian haze water works from the dampkring coffeshop

man anyone remeber that water works hash, oh my
the tastiest hashes around amsterdam
first it was the hawian haze and the kali mist
hands down the best ever hash i smoked, pure flavours like no else

then the next year they had a litle menu of water works
like 5 or more types
i remeber a sage n sour 1 an some others
there was the new york city diesel oh wow what i would pay for those hashes

the hawian haze was the best hash ive ever smoked
the hash was red, cost me alot of money that trip(was 50 euro a gram)and i bought as much as i could afford withdrawing all my money from the bank and then brought it back home to smoke
also ther kalimist and nycd waterworks was my 2nd and 3rd favourite ever
the guys who made that are legends in my book and ive not seen anything come close to these hashes since then
im guessing it was made from seed runs or something becuase you need alot of stuff to make hash like that

peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Hawian Haze was not Somas clone, it was from some guy who grew for Dutch flowers too, Soma knew him, im sure Soma had it for a while,,,

best hash i ever had was from Soma,,,it came in small balls, and it was like mush, residue would be stuck to the bag at the end and it was near impossible to handle, price was in guilders, an i think it was 50 a g

Remember that hydro kali Mist that won the cup in 2001,,,fuk me,,,i neeeeeed that clone,,,,every calyx was circular not teardrop shape and huge tricks made it look like furry balls clumped together,,,, that's possibly the best weed I've ever had ever!,,,, pics of the destroyer remind me of that hydro kali,,,,never have I seen it since