What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. So according to you, monkey paw is a 20 plus week finisher created in MI by a guy named grandpaw who grew it outdoors in the 70s. A 20 week finisher grown outside in MI? And you're 22, been smoking weed for 12 years, and searching for MP for 1 whole (lmao) year but say you've smoked plenty of it during you're high school days.. Sure buddy.

tumblr_lx1vjrSNbA1qzbl7f.gif

spainmedman

Monkey paw is Vietnamese black x Nepalese highland, was in michigan as early as 1977, and is the basis of reef's willie nelson. I'd kill for a cut, it's a 20+ week flower, but it was originally a seed strain, so there's different flavors floatin around. I smoked a peppery lemon pheno a year ago so it's still around, from the same circles as the kryptonite, great strain from the mitten

This is the closest description I have seen so far. MP was what I think anyways, Vietnamese weed. It first came imported and then years later some faster flowering phenos were found and grown out in greenhouses. I'm not sure if it was in Oakland county or Genesee county, but it was grown by some of my uncles biker friends. It was grown in one of those counties or the motorcycle club was from one of those.
If it is not black, it is not MP.
Despite my user name, I am from MI, and have lived here 40+ years.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Thank you, and if everyone else woul think before judging they'd realize it's not a ridiculous thought to think that michigan farmers might cut down a long flowered early outside. All the outdoor bud I've seen or grown could have gone longer, had the weather permitted. Inside under hid's it WOULD take a pure sativa longer to finish, I.e. The twenty week flower. You all would rather be dicks than listen to someone whose actually smoked the paw more than one time Jesus sorry I posted and tried to explain what I've come to understand about this strain

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Right. So according to you, monkey paw is a 20 plus week finisher created in MI by a guy named grandpaw who grew it outdoors in the 70s. A 20 week finisher grown outside in MI? And you're 22, been smoking weed for 12 years, and searching for MP for 1 whole (lmao) year but say you've smoked plenty of it during you're high school days.. Sure buddy.

Searching for clones retard, I obviously didn't have a perpetual harvest going in highschool when I smoked monkey paw, also didn't know the grower of what I smoked back then. Go troll somewhere else for real, have you not seen two different people reply that my description of the buds and time period sounding accurate to their ACTUAL experience with the paw?

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im not saying MP couldn't be some vietnamese phenotype, but saying it is a willie pheno is outrageous... maybe the way you worded it just made it come out wrong.

good herb is good herb, legendary name or not. I'ts the genetics and their expressions that matter to me.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I said it was the basis of monkey paw, which I worded wrong I simply meant willie nelson is a seed version much like "The Big" is a free leonard knock off or cannalope is a c99 taste-a-like. Sorry if trying to contribute to the discussion came off as being an ignorant little shit, as you might have inferred

Betterhaff

Veteran
The Monkey Paw I was referring to was definitely an import. At the time there were so many good imports available, coming in waves, ie Mex, Columbian, Thai. Also, growing these types of cultivars was near impossible in the area. I suppose it could be done in greenhouses but I doubt the results would be the same. We really didn’t start growing Cali hybrids outdoors until around 75/76 and that was when I was living a few degrees south.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I almost like the buzz more from an outdoor haze or the like when it's chopped early. I don't smoke with my eyes, so I don't mind a little airy outdoor. My hybrids finished early for sure outside last year, but I got more off of the sativas that didn't finish because they didn't mold a bit

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
What about granny panties? Probably one of the most recognizable flavors of anything I've had, supposedly goes back as far as the mid nineties. Crazy astringent citrussy mothballs taste with stupid munchies. This one should ring a bell with all the ganders postin

Searching for clones retard, I obviously didn't have a perpetual harvest going in highschool when I smoked monkey paw, also didn't know the grower of what I smoked back then. Go troll somewhere else for real, have you not seen two different people reply that my description of the buds and time period sounding accurate to their ACTUAL experience with the paw?
You're the one trolling for internet cred. I'm willing to bet just about anything that you've never smoked monkey paw in highschool. And your boy never grew a 20 week strain outside here in MI. Do you even know how much flowering time we get here outside before it's too cold? And can't forget to mention the shitty weather. Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to prove some dude (that wasn't even born until 91-92) wrong. There's enough holes in your story to put that shit to bed anyway. I'm a lot older than you and have lived in michigan my whole life and been growing since you were 4-5 years old, which isn't nearly as long as some dudes on here. I know someone with the real deal, not some lemon pepper 20 +week flower plant. If I can ever get back with him and get a hold of it, I will share it with everyone still interested in it.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Ok so the flower time might have been exaggerated, but your still maintaining that there is only one pheno of the mp ever? Dude people have already said my description sounded right and that it was sativa from the seventies, most likely Vietnamese, and that it was black, so I'd venture to guess it probably isn't a 7 week flower. I'm not saying your friend doesn't have it, I'm just callin you a dick for saying it's outside the realm of possibility that I've had it. Smoke a joint dude you don't have to be the only person who knows anything. And my age isn't really something to make fun of because I own a house and have a perpetual harvest. What were you doing at 22? Thanks for making every attempt to make me look like I know nothing for exaggerating flower time when your claiming mp is a clone only? Yeah dude soldiers smuggled a cut from nam in '70 when it's widely agreed that almost nobody was growing inside at the time. Try to imagine this: monkey paw was probably import, deffinitely had seeds, and a farmer in michigan found a "fortune cookie"esq pheno, and grew it in a climate controlled greenhouse. That's my guess and from what everyone else said i wouldn't call that guess a wildly inaccurate one. Congrats on your friend keeping her around, he obviously knows something special when he sees it, the banana mp sounds exquisite.

There is a lot of truth to some of these posts.. I got this cut (monkey paw, from the same paw who DID get popped for making concentrates in mi) and instantly noticed it's value. I searched all over and ask I could find were posts by dank.frank... so I post....

I've heard from people I hold in high regards, that the lineage is Vietnam black x Nepalese highland... I have only 2 Willie Nelson seeds but hope they offer some insight in the near future.

As for 20 Weeks.... Not this plant. 9-10 and she is great!
Finishes od in Michigan. I have yet to try her above 45th but she did well in Jackson...

Insane vigor, roots in days with any method.

She may not be what you had back when frank.. But she is special.

As for your request symbiote420, I like to help and would be honored to assist Mota in his works/search. I just don't want to violate TOA...

I have a paw vegging now and my soil is finally in a place I'm happy about. I'll get some photos up soon.

Thanks for the hospitality dank.frank!

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
There is a lot of truth to some of these posts.. I got this cut (monkey paw, from the same paw who DID get popped for making concentrates in mi) and instantly noticed it's value. I searched all over and ask I could find were posts by dank.frank... so I post....

I've heard from people I hold in high regards, that the lineage is Vietnam black x Nepalese highland... I have only 2 Willie Nelson seeds but hope they offer some insight in the near future.

As for 20 Weeks.... Not this plant. 9-10 and she is great!
Finishes od in Michigan. I have yet to try her above 45th but she did well in Jackson...

Insane vigor, roots in days with any method.

She may not be what you had back when frank.. But she is special.

As for your request symbiote420, I like to help and would be honored to assist Mota in his works/search. I just don't want to violate TOA...

I have a paw vegging now and my soil is finally in a place I'm happy about. I'll get some photos up soon.

Thanks for the hospitality dank.frank!

So basically.... I'm not the retard burnt Reynolds makes me out to be. If you could pm me that'd be awesome I'm almost to post count

Last edited:

symbiote420

Veteran
Thanks bro! I didn't wanna touch that debate as I've never seen a live plant of Monkey Paw, only smoked the flowers!! Good to see pieces of the Monkey Paw history/puzzle come together .....I smoked plenty of it in high school myself, circa 1987. We knew it was local, I have to get with some of the older heads over the weekend and see what they remember too!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ICmag is not to be used as a means for trolling for cuts or arranging meet ups or trading, etc.

Please edit your post seeing as this is a thread I started...

And then make sure to take time to actually read the TOU that you agreed to.

If you are in Michigan, get involved with one of your local compassion clubs and you just might stumble across a few ICmaggers in the process.

Sorry, not trying to be rude - but those are the rules around here.

dank.Frank

If you guys really want this thread to stay open - you need to edit your posts and get rid of all the meet up and exchange type talk. If a MOD sees this - they will have every right to close the thread and toss it in the BIN...then any information that could be shared and gathered gets lost.

Best to save that kind of chatter for more private conversations...

dank.Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts