What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Im worried about smart metres in UK

R

Rox

Why would I need/want to use the search button when it wasnt me who asked the question in the first place ?

I never said it was you that asked the question in the first place but you did say...

A smart meter doesnt know what you're plugging into the board be it a digi ballast or a fridge, it does at what time tho

And where then corrected by another member GMT & made the comment..

Since when did fridges kettles etc become capable of carrying/transmitting data through there power cables ????

Nobody is talking about or mentioned fridges or kettles:laughing:

I then helpfully linked an old thread so people (YOU) could be more informed about smart meters, the very first post in that thread makes everything you have said so far void and invalid, like fake news.

Anyway, what's with the attitude? :tiphat: load a bowl & smoke one, chill

Mukind

You are under no legal obligation to have a smart meter fitted ... just refuse

That's interesting

Do they charge you?

I'm pretty sure if I said that in the states they would have the right to deny me service. I don't pay a fee or anything directly for the upgrade tho.

They didn't put that in the contract? Or aren't allowed?

And to you guys saying they'll need a warrant....Not with the slightest suspicion they won't. It's about as easy to search their homes as it is to search our cars while we're on the road*. Basically probable cause (by our standards idk about their terms) is all that's needed.

edit - IMO the biggest worry is gas/electric/cable guys getting paid tips. But at 400 watts that's nothing. My PC draws more, worry about the normal stuff like smell and melting snow off your roof.

I never said it was you that asked the question in the first place but you did say...

A smart meter doesnt know what you're plugging into the board be it a digi ballast or a fridge, it does at what time tho

And where then corrected by another member GMT & made the comment..

Since when did fridges kettles etc become capable of carrying/transmitting data through there power cables ????

Nobody is talking about or mentioned fridges or kettles:laughing:

I then helpfully linked an old thread so people (YOU) could be more informed about smart meters, the very first post in that thread makes everything you have said so far void and invalid, like fake news.

Anyway, what's with the attitude? :tiphat: load a bowl & smoke one, chill

No attitude and thanks for the link. This kind of discussion has gone on for ages now over on the UK forums ( where i'm from ) with the same heated debates

Best thing to do is just refuse to have one in the first place

Jaqen H'gar

No attitude and thanks for the link. This kind of discussion has gone on for ages now over on the UK forums ( where i'm from ) with the same heated debates

Best thing to do is just refuse to have one in the first place

The best thing to do (as a small grower) is to stop being so paranoid.

There are thousands and thousands (and thousands) of us growing on smart meters.

There is no appetite to bust small growers currently. (compare bust stories from a few years ago to now, its gone from lots every week to hardly any, its obvious the police don't have the resources to keep it up and are turning a blind eye now).

Eletric companies want you to use more electric and want to keep you as a customer. They are not under any order from any goverment agency to try to find growers. They are not ever going to do that off their own back.

Seriously a little paranoia is a good thing, a lot of it is not good for you....

Latest posts

Latest posts