What's new

I'm Sadly Cancelling this years 4/20 Cup.....

G

Can't help but be negative sorry

Can't help but be negative sorry

Hey Marimbas,
Me voy en el Verano tb. Que mala suerte todo que se esta pasando han?
This all sounds like the beginning of the end to this magic place that used to be IC......
Best of luck Gypsy, hope you still get us safe beans, but more importantly, stay safe..

:badday:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The first Growers and Breeders cup was just a bunch of guys that came together thru the internet mostly that converged on Amsterdam and shared what we brought to show each other....

....this can still happen, and many will still go at that time.....I just can't be throwing the event right now since it has grown over the years and is starting to become high profile......and that ain't good for most of those that might attend.......

BrattPid

Well I'm Dutch and live in Amsterdam.. maybe I should throw a party in my city centred apartment. Who will bring the booze???....I have some friends who are great DJ's and an open bar (i'm not kidding) and a great view. Who's up for it...

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
Edit: yup, I guess maybe it's not too good to arrange a meeting in times of trouble.

rgds, kov

Last edited:
G

I will bring a case of Palm BrattPidd. Utopia huh Farmer John. I'll call you i don't like that shop lol. Meet you somewhere else. Anyways If you would have been truthly full gypsy instead of saying it was under new managment so many wouldn't have wanted a refund. And security isnt a big deal aslong you didn't hire that same photographer who took everyones pic without saying hi even.

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Haha, the coffeshop I dont know very much about, but I have a room there in the hotel :D yeah I like em dirty, at least theres a bed there...j/k its a nice place :D lol

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
there is no problem meeting in amsterdam. in fact i'd say its the least dangerous place for a toker to meet other tokers.

i'm planing to be there, and will be happy to meet up and party with folks. for me one of the coolest things about the cup was the socialiezing. sure the events were fantastic and the concerts would have been awsome. but the magic of it was meeting up and partying with people of similar interests on neutral terratory so to speak. i met some very cool people last time and hope to see some of them again.

G

Gypsy sorry to hear the Official Gig is up. BrattPid I would be there (assuming I'm welcome). I say Would because my rights to travel Internationally are some what restricted. What a wonderful Offer to say the least. Big Ups to all those doing the Dam anyhow. Smoke one with BP and angie for me!

Niemand

Gypsy Nirvana said:
The first Growers and Breeders cup was just a bunch of guys that came together thru the internet mostly that converged on Amsterdam and shared what we brought to show each other....

....this can still happen, and many will still go at that time.....I just can't be throwing the event right now since it has grown over the years and is starting to become high profile......and that ain't good for most of those that might attend.......
Yes BUT we (They, I didnt come to the 2nd) at least had a safe and secure place to mail the samples to. I (and most) dont have that option and Im SURELY not bringing from the states.....

If I do make it I dont mind bringing 15 grams of some East Coast Sour Diesel as grown by Adam from THSeeds as my entry!

But it will be purchased from Amnesia Coffeeshop!

IBN

JBIG420

I am very disappointed to hear this, not so much for this year (I wasn;t going to be able to make it) but more so for the possibility that ICMag will no longer do a cup event, and I will therefore never be able to attend.

This year I have a trip planned for the HT Cup, as bad as everyone thinks it is I still enjoy the people. Maybe this is not the right time, but I did make an invite for anyone who is interested http://groups.myspace.com/AmsterdamTheCannabisCup

I have wanted to travel to other places also to enjoy their cups, like Australia and Canada for example, but I have found it tough to get info about those places, at least not enough infor for me to feel like booking a trip. Its really too bad these Cup type events are not more widely celebrated, but I guess now I know a little more as to why there are problems

maybe if there was a way to keep breeders identities secret, but I am sure you guys have already been working on that. Simply put, this is terrible and my heart goes out to all of you, especially those who were planning to attend

WARDONE

gypsy i guess its better to be safe then sorry,, brother its a shame we have people whos visions arent as all of ours we have people whos goals are to compromise the happyness and surounding of other growers , smokers im thinking what a shame
gypsy nirvana p.s lol i named my newborn pure breed staffy after you ....

I know it sounds kinda silly but this ocurred to me - why doesn't everybody get to wear a mask or a costume like carnival or halloween?
I'd wear a grey alien mask for sure! :abduct: hehe

Too bad such a big party had to be cancelled but you know, if i had my flights and hotel reserves booked i would go ahead with the non oficial one u know, afterall it's a 'spontaneous party', nobody has to be the front man..

Hope the ones that go either way have a great time!
Gipsy why don't you postpon it? to August or whatnot?

G

Looking forward to Kobe again soon. Did the cat enjoy the salmon? I will come really hungry next time.
MOD

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts