What's new

I'm Sadly Cancelling this years 4/20 Cup.....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Due to various concerns centered around attendees security I find that it is necessary for me to have to cancel this years 4/20 Growers and Breeders Cup as I had it planned in Amsterdam this year.......Last year we had a scare when one guy photographed a breeder and then tried to blackmail him with the pic thru the internet.....I can't be responsible for anyones security to be compromised......and already we feel that more of this sort of subtefuge will continue........so I'm not going to help it along.....I don't want to see any growers or breeders treated as pawns in some game of fear and extortion....

....I urge any of you that have already booked flights or hotels to go to Amsterdam and meet up in groups to enjoy that party town......there are plenty of ways for the cannabis enthusiast to have fun there.....and for a few days for many stoners/growers it's just like Mecca to a Moslem....

..any payments made for passes will be settled by either picking them up from the Amsterdam shop or contacting us by PM thru this site with your relevant pass numbers and safe adresses to re-fund to..........

...I have already made a substancial deposit on the venue that I will now have to write off........I had all good intentions to create a great party but due to these concerns I wont be able to now.....

.....Putting on an event such as this is a bit dodgey to say the least, but when you feel too much negative energy aimed at it from some quarters maybe it's best for everyones benefit and protection that I just don't throw the event this year.......

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Sorry to hear. At least it's decided now and there's no more spekulation.

I wish you all the best.

Take care & be safe :wave:

Oh yea one question, what should we take for pick up at the dam store? A print out of our confirmation?

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So sad, if anything because it should have been your swan song, final farewell to us all for a bit.
The effort you put in is greatly appreciated even if it aint gonna happen, i am sure the true ic'ers that are gonna be in the dam will hook up and have a great time, maybe see ya there.
Peace

G

oh well,

i hear alot of people were not going to go anyways after the news of new managment broke the wire.... peace

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
I have a list of those who have paid for passes already. The list shows auction number....those who do not get refunded by mail will be on the list for refunds in the shop. You will need your auction number and seedbay member name to obtain refund by mail, or at the shop.

Thanks,
dg

G

I am very sorry to hear this as I was going to win. Deep depression to follow..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I have rented an apartment for the time, anyone interested in have a weed/show/contest pm me.
MOD

G

Truly sad indeed. We had our party hijacked by this person, Damm!!!! No I was gonna rant but I'll just be quiet, I'll just make matters worse.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
.....nothing is under any new management at the moment.......and if it is to be then I would have to be completely happy with how it is run......before I would sanction anything...

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone whos gonna be there can contact me through pm and arrange to hook up, still gonna be a great time, always is in the Dam.......
Day at Nols anyone?
Peace

G

Couldn't you just add door security and ban cameras at the venues? If security is your main concern that can be addressed, I just hate to see a wonderful event like this cancelled because of someone elses personal vendetta. Regardless, I will be at the dam as promised, if you are there I hope we can get together for dinner or a chat.

Best Wishes,
Abby :wave:

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Yeah, its very sad indeed..:frown: but we'll have a nice non.cup just like Alex said, all the best Gypsy and DG...:wave:

G

gypster

We are all upset becuz your situation walking away from the biz and new (ownership). now news of no event the community that you started wants to see heads roll becuz people dont like change. And dont want to look for other bean venders due to security issues. :joint: peace!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I well understand.......and I would not want anyone to feel insecure.......If I hand any business over to anyone I would first have to be completely confident that it was being run safely and securely........by trusted people....

Marco Renda

Hey Gypsy I so sorry to see this event cancelled but I totally understand you doing so.

Can you please tell us what you are going to do with all the entries that have already been sent in? Do they get returned as well or are you going to throw 1 hell of a party for those who still show up in Amsterdam? If you are going to throw 1 hell of a party then I would like to help with the party favours

Take Care and Peace
Marco

R

Ronley

I dont get it. Gypsy.
You have paid a substantial amount for the venue. You have paid a substantial amount for the music bands, You have paid substantially for so much.
Why write that all off. and loose.

We have paid substantial amounts of money in flights, passes, hotels, etc, We are going to be in amsterdam and we expect to and meet and be together.

Ok- then leave out the growers cup aspect of this all. If thats what worries you,
just make it a expo event with out the cup and the judging, in the end, So we will do everything around that.

Gypsy Please dont cancel it completely.
PLEASE.

R

Ronley

Marco Renda said:
Hey Gypsy I so sorry to see this event cancelled but I totally understand you doing so.

Can you please tell us what you are going to do with all the entries that have already been sent in? Do they get returned as well or are you going to throw 1 hell of a party for those who still show up in Amsterdam? If you are going to throw 1 hell of a party then I would like to help with the party favours

Take Care and Peace
Marco

And I too also want to help. with 30g of prime quality Indica,