What's new

I'm looking to buy a 50-100 KW Generator. Need some help selecting fuel and model.

dtfsux

http://www.missilebases.com/lillyvale

Buy that and you get 2 150 KW generators.

16,000 sq ft of underground space, holy shit, you could grow 500# a month. You could hit your 100 Mill mark in a few years !!!

Your own water, your own power, even your own sewage. Who the hell would find out ?!?!?

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran

jackjo

umm yah since nobody that knows alot about gennys as far as I can tell responded... you want a liquid cooled generator the one you picked out is air-cooled... a much shorter much much shorter life span i would highly recommend aliquid cooled unit it's going to make all the difference in the world on lifespan with how much your going to be running it and is also going to save alot on your ventilation requirements which = being in a more sound proof environment with an aircooled unit running all day especially if your in a warmer climate that thing is basically going to have to be in the shade wide open if your gonna run it in the day... even then it will continually shut-off periodically as it WILL overheat and use the auto-shutoff feature that most new generators have.

look at the northern power tool type catalogs at like generac generators vs. perkins and their diff model lines theirs a reason air-cooled gens are much cheaper than liquid cooled unit... an air-cooled one is not designed to be run 12+hours a day 7days a week.

dankcheefa

i think generator are awesome machines, but like others have stated above its hard on them to run 7 days a week for 12 hours. my suggestion is to always have a backup generator for downtime between oil changes and rebuilds. also think about storing power and using inverters. if you have the money to setup an off grid system buy stuff that you can expand off. its not unusual to see 50kw gensets at auctions, go for 5000$.